Palladium Helpdesk response time?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TriOpticon
D-Bee

Palladium Helpdesk response time?

Unread post by TriOpticon »

I know it is the holiday season but I was wondering what the typical response time to a helpdesk ticket is? Basically, my Rifter 68 was not in the mailer that was sent to me so I submitted a ticket on the 27th.

Not sure if they are off this week or not so I thought I would check what other's have experienced.

Thanks.
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Re: Palladium Helpdesk response time?

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

Just call the offices.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Yeah like Josh said. Give them a call and Palladium will take good care of you.
ImageImage
agent_orange
D-Bee

Unread post by agent_orange »

I have a ticket open since Oct 9th with no response and a second from 15th of Nov with no response so evidence would suggest they either ignore certain tickets or the wait time is approximately 2 months at the moment.
TriOpticon
D-Bee

Unread post by TriOpticon »

Thanks for the info. I called and they were friendly and helpful and should be sending out a replacement soon.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

agent_orange wrote:I have a ticket open since Oct 9th with no response and a second from 15th of Nov with no response so evidence would suggest they either ignore certain tickets or the wait time is approximately 2 months at the moment.

As already been discussed, your best advice is to call the office.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

zyanitevp wrote:
agent_orange wrote:I have a ticket open since Oct 9th with no response and a second from 15th of Nov with no response so evidence would suggest they either ignore certain tickets or the wait time is approximately 2 months at the moment.

If this is the best way of getting this sort of thing handled, why does the Helpdesk exist in the first place - especially if it isn't very well monitored?
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Carl Gleba

Steve President George W. Bush wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

If this is the best way of getting this sort of thing handled, why does the Helpdesk exist in the first place - especially if it isn't very well monitored?

I'd call the office and ask.
ImageImage
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Carl Gleba wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

:ok:
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

palladiumjunkie wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

That's nothing that anyone should be happy about. It's actually ****-poor customer relations.

EDIT: And if you hyphenate it the way I just did it bypasses the filter.
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

The Beast wrote:
palladiumjunkie wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:As already been discussed, your best advice is to call the office.

That's nothing that anyone should be happy about. It's actually ****-poor customer relations.

EDIT: And if you hyphenate it the way I just did it bypasses the filter.

Of course it is crappy customer relations. I was just using the emoticon to approve of Carl's joke. Sorry if that didn't come through.

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Carl Gleba

In all seriousness I have no idea how their help desk works. We can't determine if they are just overwhelmed or it's not monitored?

What I do know is that calling will often resolve the problem Immedietly. I called the office a few times before I was a known freelancer and I was always happy when I was done. That's just me.
ImageImage
Marcus
Explorer

Unread post by Marcus »

Carl Gleba wrote:In all seriousness I have no idea how their help desk works. We can't determine if they are just overwhelmed or it's not monitored?

What I do know is that calling will often resolve the problem Immedietly. I called the office a few times before I was a known freelancer and I was always happy when I was done. That's just me.

Main problem with calling the office is that not all of us live in the same time zone.
Dear optimists, pessimists, and realists,
While you were all arguing over the glass of water, I just drank it.

Sincerely,
an opportunist.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Unless you're in Siberia that's not much of a problem. Call an hour or two earlier or an hour or two later. Business hours stretch a good 8 hours a day.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

From the way Kevin about their work hours I suspect you could call when it's 3:00 am and there'd still be someone around to take the call.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Unread post by McPherson »

I would argue Pepsi-Jedi that any company that is willing to trade internationally over the internet should have at least a minimal amount of staff dedicated to answering any web based inquiries. It isn't practical for people in other countries to constantly have to adjust for 5+ hour time differences as well as international phone charges.

That aside the few times I have emailed Palladium I have gotten answers within a week which considering the size of the company I think is an adequate turn-around time for inquiries.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

McPherson wrote:I would argue Pepsi-Jedi that any company that is willing to trade internationally over the internet should have at least a minimal amount of staff dedicated to answering any web based inquiries. It isn't practical for people in other countries to constantly have to adjust for 5+ hour time differences as well as international phone charges.

That aside the few times I have emailed Palladium I have gotten answers within a week which considering the size of the company I think is an adequate turn-around time for inquiries.

- End of Line -

You don't have any argument from me, about answering over the internet. I was just saying that time zones isn't that much a problem. (That said, I meant domestically. I.E. here in the US)

If we're speaking international... well... It might not sound very friendly, but... dealing with a company in another country means you deal with them on their time frame. I wouldn't expect a company in the Ukraine to bend over backwards to deal with me. I'm choosing to give a Ukrainian company patronage. And while yes I'd be the customer, it was my choice to deal with a company in the Ukraine. If I want to talk to them, I call them while they're at work.

I fully agree that if you have an internet thing set up for that purpose, you should check it and answer questions from it.

My post was mainly speaking to people in the US contacting Palladium during business hours.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Marcus
Explorer

Unread post by Marcus »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
McPherson wrote:I would argue Pepsi-Jedi that any company that is willing to trade internationally over the internet should have at least a minimal amount of staff dedicated to answering any web based inquiries. It isn't practical for people in other countries to constantly have to adjust for 5+ hour time differences as well as international phone charges.

- End of Line -

You don't have any argument from me, about answering over the internet. I was just saying that time zones isn't that much a problem. (That said, I meant domestically. I.E. here in the US)

If we're speaking international... well... It might not sound very friendly, but... dealing with a company in another country means you deal with them on their time frame. I wouldn't expect a company in the Ukraine to bend over backwards to deal with me. I'm choosing to give a Ukrainian company patronage. And while yes I'd be the customer, it was my choice to deal with a company in the Ukraine. If I want to talk to them, I call them while they're at work.

I fully agree that if you have an internet thing set up for that purpose, you should check it and answer questions from it.

My post was mainly speaking to people in the US contacting Palladium during business hours.

When I mentioned time zones I meant internationally. I'm from Germany e.g., I'm 6 hrs ahead, makes it doable but annoying.
Dear optimists, pessimists, and realists,
While you were all arguing over the glass of water, I just drank it.

Sincerely,
an opportunist.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

palladiumjunkie wrote:Of course it is crappy customer relations. I was just using the emoticon to approve of Carl's joke. Sorry if that didn't come through.

-Chris

:oops: Maybe if it was on a different subject I would have realized that was a joke...
agent_orange
D-Bee

yeah calling them would be even more of a wast of time. waiting up till an ungodly hour of the morning to spend a fortune on an international call.
It's one of the things that's putting me more and more off this company to be honest. Good customer service is easy to do and worth the effort it takes to achieve. Responding to tickets and emails in a timely manner isn't even GOOD customer service, it's BASIC customer service.
Malleusein

Unread post by Malleusein »

Is there an email address I could use that will get a response? I have had a ticket for about 7-8 weeks and it hasn't been looked at. I was patient since it was a busy time of year, but now I want a response.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Just as a matter of curiosity, what country are you calling from Orange?

agent_orange
D-Bee

I'm in Ireland. different time zone and international call prices.

So far I've opened 3 tickets with the help desk 2 were ignored and one asking about who was handling EU shipping for RRT got a response of "well it was supposed to be these guys but there not talking to us, have you got any ideas for who we could use?"
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

agent_orange wrote:I'm in Ireland. different time zone and international call prices.

So far I've opened 3 tickets with the help desk 2 were ignored and one asking about who was handling EU shipping for RRT got a response of "well it was supposed to be these guys but there not talking to us, have you got any ideas for who we could use?"

Message NMI he's the head hall monitor on the Forums and can bump you up the chain PDQ.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
agent_orange
D-Bee

Thats a work around not a solution. I actually need to open another ticket to try to tell palladium to stop passing my email address to third parties they only got it for Kickstarter communications from KS and I already unsubscribed from the newsletter they added me to without permission but now they have passed it onto some online RPG store site so they can start emailing me advertisements for something called rifter too.

all in all not exactly a good (or even average) customer service.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”