The Rifter 68 has shipped !

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

The Rifter 68 has shipped !

Unread post by AlexM »

Another fine issue. We managed to get out pre-orders and subscriber copies as well. Get the details about this issue here:

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... er-68.html

Alex Marciniszyn
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: The Rifter 68 has shipped !

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Thanks for the news!
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Really looking forward to getting this one. All the crusaders and the black crusade stuff has been fantastic. Also I've been feeling like some heroes unlimited, so this issue is looking good. :bandit: Minion war has also been good.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Received my copy last week. Another good issue.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

My copy came in over the weekend and it was another really good issue. My only problem was it seemed a little light on art.

For instance I loved the extra material for Minion War but there was not a single bit of art for it. The background information for this is great and the NPCs provided give some nice background information as well as adventure ideas.

I have not read the Bulyx adventure yet but it looks good and it was the only article had a lot of art.

My favorite has to be the Heroes Unlimited adventure "Band of Brothers" it is kind of silly, as are the characters, but it looks like a lot of fun. I am tempted to run this at Comic-palooza in May.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I noticed the same thing about the lack of art. Glad it wasn't just me.

That said, the Official material for MiF, is good, more over it's very much needed for that book (MiF). I'm not sure why it was cut for other stuff but if you're going to play the MiF setting with rifts. You really need the stuff from this Rifter.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

The hints at the two new CS books were nice to see. Oh and the actual Rifter material was good too :)
Dan Frederick
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Here here!

I got my Rifter 68. An excellent issue. I enjoyed the Minion War stuff. The Crusaders and the Black Crusade, as usual, was excellent. As far as I'm concerned that should all be official. I loved all that bit about Arcadia and people and things there. The new Atlantean classes, and back story, fantastic.

I'm greatly looking forward to the CS: Heroes of Humanity and the Rifts: Secrets of the Atlanteans. I've been Hungry for more since Megaverse in Flames. This line has been brilliant.

Only thing I would have like to see added was a little art to go with the Arcadia stuff. But it's a great Rifter all in all. :bandit: One of my favorite in recent memory.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Fell wrote:The hints at the two new CS books were nice to see. Oh and the actual Rifter material was good too :)

Two new CS books? Which one is the second? I thought there was only one in the pipeline: Heroes of Humanity.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

ffranceschi wrote:
Fell wrote:The hints at the two new CS books were nice to see. Oh and the actual Rifter material was good too :)

Two new CS books? Which one is the second? I thought there was only one in the pipeline: Heroes of Humanity.

The second book is "The Disavowed". These are supposed to be CS agents that use magic and other forbidden things to help the CS in secret. I am dubious about this one as we already have the Vanguard. I am hoping it has more to it then that.

However, I am REALLY looking forward to "Secrets of the Atlaneans" but I hope it has stuff for the Three Galaxies, and other dimensions, not just Rifts Earth.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Have to wait until Jan. 10th, my next trip into NYC.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Warshield73 wrote:
ffranceschi wrote:

The second book is "The Disavowed". These are supposed to be CS agents that use magic and other forbidden things to help the CS in secret. I am dubious about this one as we already have the Vanguard. I am hoping it has more to it then that.

If you look at the very little information on the Disavowed, they're more than just magic users. They're totally written out, so secret that even the Emp doesn't know about them. They're allowed to use what ever they have at their disposal to complete their missions. Magic is part of it, but the implication is there that they recruit and use Dbees and aliens and such as well, as they ask at one point what happens when the Dbees and such on the teams when the mission is over. It also speaks of going far beyond normal CS territory in the conducting of their missions, even to other dimensions.

The Vanguard do use magic but they do so in defense of the CS. Basically "Undercover" At home. They're not forward force projection. I.E. The CS don't 'Sick' them on people and such.

The Disavowed reads like ultra secret special forces that might use anything from Railguns to magic to grackle tooth and quick flex aliens on the team, as they persue their goals or targets, across America, Atlantis or even to Phase world if needed.

But.. there's just the little blurb and some bullet points. I could be misreading it, and or it could be changed.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
ffranceschi wrote:

If you look at the very little information on the Disavowed, they're more than just magic users. They're totally written out, so secret that even the Emp doesn't know about them. They're allowed to use what ever they have at their disposal to complete their missions. Magic is part of it, but the implication is there that they recruit and use Dbees and aliens and such as well, as they ask at one point what happens when the Dbees and such on the teams when the mission is over. It also speaks of going far beyond normal CS territory in the conducting of their missions, even to other dimensions.

The Vanguard do use magic but they do so in defense of the CS. Basically "Undercover" At home. They're not forward force projection. I.E. The CS don't 'Sick' them on people and such.

The Disavowed reads like ultra secret special forces that might use anything from Railguns to magic to grackle tooth and quick flex aliens on the team, as they persue their goals or targets, across America, Atlantis or even to Phase world if needed.

But.. there's just the little blurb and some bullet points. I could be misreading it, and or it could be changed.

Yeah I just read the blurb again and it sounds like a lot more then just magic. I also like the fact that Lyboc appears to be there liaison, if not out right CO. He is a great NPC and its cool he's being used.

I also like the idea that Joseph II is a little less ideological and seems more evilly pragmatic.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Warshield73 wrote:
ffranceschi wrote:

However, I am REALLY looking forward to "Secrets of the Atlaneans" but I hope it has stuff for the Three Galaxies, and other dimensions, not just Rifts Earth.

Although I love everything "Coalition", I am with you in this one: I prefer a book about the Secrets of the Atlanteans before another "Vanguard" thing or something like that (unless they write an old idea I had about a SAMAS Ultimate Manual...).

P.S.: by the way, I think your signature is super cool...I think I will copy the format if you don´t mind :)
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Personally I don't think "The Disavowed" deserves to be an entire book, not even if it's the size of the Adventure Books. I just don't see the need for it. I believe it's always been listed that there are certain CS generals and agents who will tolerate working with "undesirable" elements in order to get the job done, and such agents/missions are always considered "Disavowed." This is nothing new and really doesn't require the focus of a book in my opinion.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Well under that theory we don't really need any other new books. Most of rifts has been mentioned in some part by now. We can use the 50+ rifts books to extrapolate most everything. Still, it's nice to have details and specifics, along with (Hopefully) Good art and visual images. Stats and what not. :)

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Warshield73 wrote:
ffranceschi wrote:

I was kinda surprised to see the estimated size of the secrets of atlantis I was sort of expecting a 96ish page book but looks like its getting the 160-190 treatment which is great. I love tattoo magic and so the more stuff about it the better.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Glistam wrote:Personally I don't think "The Disavowed" deserves to be an entire book, not even if it's the size of the Adventure Books. I just don't see the need for it. I believe it's always been listed that there are certain CS generals and agents who will tolerate working with "undesirable" elements in order to get the job done, and such agents/missions are always considered "Disavowed." This is nothing new and really doesn't require the focus of a book in my opinion.

This was my original thinking on this as well. However, after reading the description again I am willing to give this a wait and see. If it gives some truly unique information and/or if it gives greater information on Joseph II and his plans for the CS I think it could be totally worth it.

Besides it and Heroes of Humanity are only 96 pages each. That's not really a book, it's basically a Rifter.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Well under that theory we don't really need any other new books. Most of rifts has been mentioned in some part by now. We can use the 50+ rifts books to extrapolate most everything. Still, it's nice to have details and specifics, along with (Hopefully) Good art and visual images. Stats and what not. :)

I will always take a new book and there is SOOO much that still needs a book too (Lazlo, New Lazlo, Titan Industries, Wilks industries, California, etc.). Plus, some older books could really use a revision for OCCs (I am looking at you WB5 Triax & the NGR) or for setting changes (Underseas) or just to add more details for the region and make a larger book (England) or maybe even a book they have promised and not delivered (Antarctica).

kaid wrote:I was kinda surprised to see the estimated size of the secrets of atlantis I was sort of expecting a 96ish page book but looks like its getting the 160-190 treatment which is great. I love tattoo magic and so the more stuff about it the better.

Yeah, I think this is the book I am waiting for the most, especially if it really does have info for the entire Megaverse.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Finally got a chance to finish reading rifter 68 lots of good stuff in it but holy man the atlantean warlock is the absolute warlockiest of the warlocks. I would love if that occ was made cannon in the secrets of atlantis book or something like it. This is the first real post RUE warlock OCC and its pretty ferocious.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Hells yes. Does the guy that writes the Crusaders and the Black Crusade post on the forums? I need to tell him good job and keep up the good work.

Warshield73 wrote:

YES. That would be fantastic. Atlanteans as dimension hoppy as they are, shouldn't have their book of secrets be confined to just Earth. :bandit:
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

I wasn't going to buy this issue, but you guys seemed to have talked me into it. I will pick it up at my FLGS this weekend. I am, however, disappointed with the lack of art. I wonder if it was because of time constraints or maybe didn't have any artists available? Maybe it was a budget issue? Who knows. If they need more artists...I'm their huckleberry. They can find me on my website: schoenholtzartanddesign.com or find my Facebook page: schoenholtzartanddesign.com/facebook. The True Atlanteans book sounds Doug E. fresh.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I really like the alantis stuff in there the warlocks are pretty excellent if maybe a smidge over the top. One thing they did though is one thing I was thinking of just offering people who wanted to be warlocks is trade an OCC related skill or two for a elemental fusionist power or two.

The biggest weakness of a warlock is lack of defensive forcefield type magic although the secrets of magic book does offer some cumbersome ones for earth warlocks being able to take one or two elemental fusionist powers allows them to grab one of the nice fusionist defensive options and than one other power. Some of the elemental fusionist attacks are really nice as they have amazingly low PPE cost so allows for a more nuke oriented mage.

One of the other nice things that may wind up being a bit OP is single elemental focused warlocks get 4 level 1 3 level 2 2 level 3 and 1 level four spell to start with. Having access to a level 4 warlock spell at start makes them pretty damn amazing. It also gives a lot more reason to stick with one element instead of spreading to two as I believe the two element warlocks only get up to level 2 spells to start with and less spells total.

The call spirit of light power may be a bit over the top but the spirits of light are all elemental based and for them it works more like the native american elemental shaman where they dont have any direct control but could ask and make their case for aid.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I think having a level 4 spell to start is an even trade for just taking one element.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

I just finished reading the Brulyx adventure and I love it! I can't wait to use it someday.

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Glistam wrote:I just finished reading the Brulyx adventure and I love it! I can't wait to use it someday.

Thank you Glistam, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm considering submitting more BTS adventures, but I need to know if people enjoy them and want more. This helps. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

mrloucifer wrote:
Glistam wrote:I just finished reading the Brulyx adventure and I love it! I can't wait to use it someday.

Thank you Glistam, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm considering submitting more BTS adventures, but I need to know if people enjoy them and want more. This helps. :)

I especially appreciated the notes about how to deal with the various potential PC abilities and what the results of using certain skills in the various situations would result be. It was a good combination of being detailed enough without becoming too bogged down in details.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”