Dear frustrated poster...

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Dear frustrated poster...

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

We can all see that you are frustrated and have taken numerous steps to get some answers from palladium, but airing your dirty laundry here is only serving to aggravate readers, fans and potential future employers of your freelance talents. I don't know what your tipping point was, but I would hope that you can come to a resolution in a more appropriate manner.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Dear frustrated poster...

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:We can all see that you are frustrated and have taken numerous steps to get some answers from palladium, but airing your dirty laundry here is only serving to aggravate readers, fans and potential future employers of your freelance talents. I don't know what your tipping point was, but I would hope that you can come to a resolution in a more appropriate manner.

/agree.
Also If anyone wants to rant feel free to PM and Ill listen objectively. Might help, might not.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

not to mention that even if this does get the attention of the palladium staff in a way you desire, it is likely that the moderators here, in accordance with the forum rules, will ban you, possibly locking out your IP address to prevent your return. due to multiple violations of rule's #1, 2, and 8 ... that is, spamming, flamebaiting, and harrassment.
it only takes 3 violations to get banned for a bit, 6 will get you kicked out for a year. this little tantrum has over a hundred violations in it.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Brayon
Explorer

Unread post by Brayon »

Agreed. It only served to tick me off in my insomnia state of Forum Lurking. And the multiple replies from topics, I'm subscribed too.

Best to report them, so the mods can see them, and delete them.
"No, actually, as there's that really big special rule that overrides any other rules. You know, the one where if something looks stupid or limiting or otherwise hinders game play or fun the GM is free to change or discard the rule." - Nightmask
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

pretty sure the guy has been reported by now, and in a discussion about this on a PB facebook group some of the mods have said work towards clean-up is being initiated.

no mention of what will happen to the guy, but frankly, whatever happens to him, i just want all that spam gone.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Brayon
Explorer

Unread post by Brayon »

glitterboy2098 wrote:pretty sure the guy has been reported by now, and in a discussion about this on a PB facebook group some of the mods have said work towards clean-up is being initiated.

no mention of what will happen to the guy, but frankly, whatever happens to him, i just want all that spam gone.

Agreed.

Also, what Facebook groups?
"No, actually, as there's that really big special rule that overrides any other rules. You know, the one where if something looks stupid or limiting or otherwise hinders game play or fun the GM is free to change or discard the rule." - Nightmask
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

The Galactus Kid wrote:We can all see that you are frustrated and have taken numerous steps to get some answers from palladium, but airing your dirty laundry here is only serving to aggravate readers, fans and potential future employers of your freelance talents. I don't know what your tipping point was, but I would hope that you can come to a resolution in a more appropriate manner.

I do not know what exactly was the tipping point. But Jeff Duncan's work was pretty darn good. But I'd assume if all his messages spammed across the site are correct, it would be receiving Payment for his 3 published articles.

But it appears that his posts have been deleted along with his account. But his quoted passages still live on within the threads he posted to. I'm not sure what your experience is GK with getting paid for Rifter and/or Published material with Palladium. And I do understand it's generally considered 'Private' and/or 'Unprofessional' to talk about it. But these are the stories that make me question about submitting any of my work to Palladium.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

He has been dealt with.
Palladium Books via Wayne Smith has been alerted.
His posts, and I mean ALL of them have been removed from public view. [they are not deleted].
End of discussion and this topic.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”