Should the Best Poster Awards Continue?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Continue the Annual Best Poster Award?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 19

Prysus
Champion

Should the Best Poster Awards Continue?

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. So, two years ago now (2012) the first Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards was held, with the month of November being for nominations and December being for the finalists. The winner was Killer Cyborg. Last year the awards were not held (the original host of the awards having lost track of time), and after the course of events I believe he is no longer with Palladium. As such, it looks like he will not be holding any future awards. However, during the first awards I was asked to help count the nominations as a second set of eyes (and was happy to do so), and we talked a bit about his rules for it and such.

So here we are, almost two years later, and I'm curious: Do you wish to see this contest continue?

Voting "Yes" means you want the Awards, and "No" means you don't want to see them again. If the final decision is yes (for them to continue), I would be willing to start the threads, keep tallies, try to maintain the rules, etc. If not, then I have no objections to leaving it in the past. As an individual, I found it interesting and enjoyed the spirit of it. The thread was mostly positive, and rewarded people for quality posts. But what do you, the fans of Palladium Books on these forums, want? Should they continue? Be left as a memory? Other? I'm leaving this as a poll, Yes or No, and it'll only stay up for a week (as by the end of the week I'll either start the nominations thread or have decided not to). Depending on the results will depend on what I do next. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

The Original threads can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134506 And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135240
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Should the Best Poster Awards Continue?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Needless to say, I like the Awards. ;)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I also like the awards.... and I was hardly a factor the first time around.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Sounds interesting.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I don;t see anything wrong with so sure.

I would like to see why people do not want it though...just from a curiosity standpoint.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Go for it.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. As of the poll closing, the votes favored "No." As such I have no plans, at this time, to continue them. The same as jaymz, I am curious as to why the no votes, but it doesn't bother me beyond curiosity standpoint. Farewell amd safe journeys for now.

P.S. If someone else wants to see them continue they are more than welcome to take up the mantle. [Edited to remove a response to a post not related to this topic, but I thought was at the time.]
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”