Holiday Grab Bags

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pagangamer
D-Bee
Comment: Oh No not the Boxing Glove Arrow

Holiday Grab Bags

Unread post by Pagangamer »

So how much longer before we can get this holiday seasons Grab bags..?
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Holiday Grab Bags

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Pagangamer wrote:So how much longer before we can get this holiday seasons Grab bags..?

Hmm... I wonder if they are going to be able to do it this year with the Robotech distribution most likely taking up most of their time for the next two+ months.(EDIT: The two+ months estimate is just my opinion)

Still, I'm interested to know the answer to this, as well.

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

And here is our answer. The 2014 Christmas Surprise Package is now up.

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Really excited about the Grab Bag this year. I'll be getting the Coalition polo shirt at the very least. (Which I'll have to order separate from the grab bag)
Last edited by The Galactus Kid on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Kinda waiting a bit to see if they can get the new dead reign book and byzantium out and or the chaos earth magic book that I ahve been trying to get for years that they keep hinting is getting put back into print this year.
The Galactus Kid

kaid wrote:Kinda waiting a bit to see if they can get the new dead reign book and byzantium out and or the chaos earth magic book that I ahve been trying to get for years that they keep hinting is getting put back into print this year.

Yeah, Waiting is hard, but it might allow you to sneak some newer releases in.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I figure by around mid december anything thats going to make it out for the year will have made it out because once holiday season starts nothing is going to get done/published until after the holidays.
Pagangamer
D-Bee
Comment: Oh No not the Boxing Glove Arrow

Unread post by Pagangamer »

Well im Just hoping i can get the main things on my List, Also saw an Interview with Kevin Where there is a Possibility of Palladium Fantasy Ultimate Edition, if that happens in the next 5 years i would freak
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I was going to ask for a more recent printing of my RUE book but with the 25th anniversary coming up this year I may hold off and see if they have a limited edition version of it produced.
The Galactus Kid

kaid wrote:I was going to ask for a more recent printing of my RUE book but with the 25th anniversary coming up this year I may hold off and see if they have a limited edition version of it produced.

Yeah, i'm really eager to see some of the things they intend to do for next year.

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I'm waiting a bit too so i can get the new Robotech rpg book in the grab bag
The Dragon Has Spoken
Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Unread post by Chronicler »

Hey is it ok to give a list of books I already have in the descriptions? Don't want to get double books or anything like that.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Chronicler wrote:Hey is it ok to give a list of books I already have in the descriptions? Don't want to get double books or anything like that.

Normally I order between 4 and 6 Grab Bags every year and I never got a duplicate unless I specified that I wanted a duplicate. I hope it helps you...

By the way, I have already ordered my first batch of 4 Grab Bags and today I got the "Shipped" email :)
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
kaid wrote:I was going to ask for a more recent printing of my RUE book but with the 25th anniversary coming up this year I may hold off and see if they have a limited edition version of it produced.

Yeah, i'm really eager to see some of the things they intend to do for next year.

My DREAM: a super deluxe autographed personalized slipcase with RUE, Book of Magic and Game Master Guide updated (2015). Title: RIFTS 25th Anniversary Main Battle Pack.

The Federation of Magic 2: Mystic Knights Unleashed.

Oh, and the book about the Quebec Rapid Deployment Force, ready for POH 2015 so I can get an autograph from you :)
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
The Galactus Kid

ffranceschi wrote:Oh, and the book about the Quebec Rapid Deployment Force, ready for POH 2015 so I can get an autograph from you :)

Oh man, that would be awesome. I can say with certainty that the book won't be done by then, but I MIGHT be able to run a game for the QRDF.

Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

For the first time I don't have to reorder a book of something I already own that needs replacing :D . Have to wait for all the
new stuff to come out.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Shipping to the UK still hurts (got stung by customs for the first time ever year before last too) but just got a new job so hoping Santa Kev will be sending me some Palladium goodness this year!
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Placed my order today. First one anyway.

Like others I've placed multiple orders over the years. Last year I got 4. 2 before and 2 after Christmas. Out of all the years and the stacks of Grab bags (White boxes) I've gotten, I've only once got a double of a 'book' book. I usually stipulate I don't need the print packages, or coloring book or Swim suit editions, as I do have a few doubles of all of those.

I think the poster above was asking about listing off the books he has, as to not get doubles of books he already has in his collection. To that, I'd say "It depends on the size of your collection" If it's 100s of books long like some here, they're probably not going to read all the way to the end and double check. If you give them a good 8 to 10 books to pick and choose from, they're very likely to pick from those 8 to 10 and not go 'off the rez' for major books, though you might get rifters, art books, or print packages if you didn't ask for them.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

My grabbag came in today. Considering we got 36.5 inches of snow in the past two days, I was a bit surprised that USPS came around today. Still it got here and for that I was happy.

The box arrived and it was a 'brown box' instead of the white ones I usually get. So I knew there was a hardback inside. Opening it up I found my suspicion to be true.
My wife and I Received the top three items we requested, and are very happy about it too!

1: Northern Gun 2, Hardcover, with a special personalized note from Kevin, and a large Kevin Dragon on the inside. This was our primary request and we feel very lucky to have gotten it. :D :D :D
2: Megaverse in Flames
3: Future Visions: The Artistry of Charles Walton II.

Those were our top three requests and they came. We're very happy with the grab bag. Thank you Kevin, and thank you Palladium.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:My grabbag came in today. Considering we got 36.5 inches of snow in the past two days, I was a bit surprised that USPS came around today. Still it got here and for that I was happy.

The box arrived and it was a 'brown box' instead of the white ones I usually get. So I knew there was a hardback inside. Opening it up I found my suspicion to be true.
My wife and I Received the top three items we requested, and are very happy about it too!

1: Northern Gun 2, Hardcover, with a special personalized note from Kevin, and a large Kevin Dragon on the inside. This was our primary request and we feel very lucky to have gotten it. :D :D :D
2: Megaverse in Flames
3: Future Visions: The Artistry of Charles Walton II.

Those were our top three requests and they came. We're very happy with the grab bag. Thank you Kevin, and thank you Palladium.

Nice!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

My grab bag was pretty nice this year got all my main wants. I am running out of stuff I don't actually have now I think there are like one or two palladium RPG things left that I don't have and thats about it.

This year I got

Graveyard earth mmm I can haz zombies
rifts adventure guide been meaning to pick this one up for a while but never got around to it.
burb adventures the vanguard again had been meaning to pick it up for a while
land of the damned 2
rifter 2 my previous copy either got abducted or missplaced over the years.

I was going to ask for a newer edition rifts main book but curious to see what will come this year for the anniversary if there is a special edition likely will pick that up so I don't need 5 pages of errata for my RUE.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

got my grab bag yesterday, got everything i wanted :D
1) Dead Reign corebook
2) Dead Reign: Graveyard Earth
3) Rifts Sourcebook 1
4) Chaos Earth corebook
5) Future Visions
The Dragon Has Spoken
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Got mine also! :D And loved what I got! Thanks Palladium! Also love Chucks book, which I got in the Grab Bag!
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

Alpha 11 wrote:Got mine also! :D And loved what I got! Thanks Palladium! Also love Chucks book, which I got in the Grab Bag!

Ditto... and I loved it! Still, I'm saving it for Christmas, since I can say that I opened up good ol' Palladium Presents during Christmas! :mrgreen: And remember: Every time someone orders from Palladium during the season, a Holiday Grab Bag gets its wings... :angel: Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

whassupman03 wrote:Hello...

Alpha 11 wrote:Got mine also! :D And loved what I got! Thanks Palladium! Also love Chucks book, which I got in the Grab Bag!

Ditto... and I loved it! Still, I'm saving it for Christmas, since I can say that I opened up good ol' Palladium Presents during Christmas! :mrgreen: And remember: Every time someone orders from Palladium during the season, a Holiday Grab Bag gets its wings... :angel: Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)

:lol:
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Got mine... WOW. Love it! Thanks Kevin and Staff!
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
The Galactus Kid

I have never ordered this late, but I will be ordering a couple on next Friday. One for me and one for my cousin who just moved to California but still games with us weekly via Google+

whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

The Galactus Kid wrote:I have never ordered this late, but I will be ordering a couple on next Friday. One for me and one for my cousin who just moved to California but still games with us weekly via Google+

Well at least it's good that you eventually ordered them. :-) If I were to order two or more X-Mas Grab Bags though, I would put a different list on each one, possibly by ordering them one at a time, with a completely different list of items and requests on each one, pertaining to the specific recipients of the items of course. That way, you maximize the variety of items and prevent most or all of the duplication, even if both of the X-Mas Grab Bags are for yourself. Although that may seem to be a weird and awkward way to do it, it helps to ensure that each of the X-Mas Grab Bags is personalized to the recipient, and that each recipient gets unique items to bring to the game table every day. :roll: Not to mention, I really appreciate all that Palladium does with it's X-Mas Grab Bag routine, and I look forward to next year, since I already got my bag o' tricks! :lol: Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :D
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
The Galactus Kid

Yeah, I'm asking for a variety of specific products for her, and I'll be asking for a couple of things I don't have myself.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

My second grab bag came in today.

Had a bit of a thing, as when we placed the order we didn't put enough for Kev to choose from. A second email and all was well.

This one included

1) NG 2, Soft Cover. (Requested as a reader/useage copy. The Hard Cover is on the shelf for the collection)
2) Source Book 2: The Mechinoids. (Replaced one damaged by cats previously, that had thus been a hole in my collection for a number of years)
3) Pantheons of the Megaverse ( Replaced a copy that, while treated well, had been used so many times over the years that was looking a bit ratty)
4) Psyscape. (Same as above. Replaced a well loved and well read copy)

All things from my list. Again, very happy with my grab bags as I tend to be.

May aim for one more, post Christmas, but for now, very happy with the two we've received.

FluidicAztec
Explorer

Unread post by FluidicAztec »

OK...kind of an odd grab bag this year.

Got a comic Curse of the Vessel...I'm guessing PB was a big KickStarter investor since they have a full page add on the back. Pretty cool comic, but not what I was expecting.

Megaverse in Flames Gold Hardcover (super awesome)

A magnet

Some Robotech RPG Tactics cards

Very different from years past. Still cool, but I was hoping for Art Work. Haven't read the comic yet, so maybe it's epic.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Well the Megaverse In Flames Gold Hardcover is nothin' to sneeze at. Especially if you asked for it. :)

I received a HC NG2 in my first box and was very excited.

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

waiting on my bag/box to come in, got it media mail last week and tracking says it is already in jersey city... Woot Woot
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Have already received one grab bag- and got all that I wanted. The 1st one is always gifts for my players, so got this year-
Rifters 57, 61, and 62.
Rifts Atlantis & England
Dragons & Gods
Walton tshirt
Awesome stuff!!

Next one is for me!!! Cannot wait!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Very pleased with my box that came in.

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

wearing my CS Xmas shirt to the office tomorrow

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I received my box a few weeks ago but forgot to post it.

Rifts: Conversion Book 1 - Revised
Rifts: Mutants in Orbit (Reguest, I lost my first edition a year or two ago)
Rifts: WB32 Lemuria (Softcover for reading as the hardcovers are on the collectibles shelf)
Dead Reign Sourcebooks 4 & 5 (requested)
Some Robotech Tactics cards

The best was the artwork. I got two of the double sided ones that were being sold at Gen Con that have a CS recruiting poster on one side and a Lazlo poster on the other. Great for my GMs screen at cons. The artwork that was my main request was from the tactics kick-starter 5 pack. I only wanted two and they sent them. Again, perfect for the GMs screen.

Santa Kev was very good to me this year, but truthfully the Grab Bag is hard for me because with the exception of any books I loose (a rarity) or accidentally destroy (not as rare as I would like) I really have everything from PB. With the exception of a few very rare items of course.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:My second grab bag came in today.

Had a bit of a thing, as when we placed the order we didn't put enough for Kev to choose from. A second email and all was well.

This one included

1) NG 2, Soft Cover. (Requested as a reader/useage copy. The Hard Cover is on the shelf for the collection)
2) Source Book 2: The Mechinoids. (Replaced one damaged by cats previously, that had thus been a hole in my collection for a number of years)
3) Pantheons of the Megaverse ( Replaced a copy that, while treated well, had been used so many times over the years that was looking a bit ratty)
4) Psyscape. (Same as above. Replaced a well loved and well read copy)

All things from my list. Again, very happy with my grab bags as I tend to be.

May aim for one more, post Christmas, but for now, very happy with the two we've received.

Sounds like what my 2nd GB for this year will be, now they've extended. I replaced my 1st print Atlantis in 2012/13's GB... this year I have a few that are showing their age & love. As I'm the PB-printing "library" for our gaming group, I need viable copies.
Now to see what's in Megaverse in Flames. My GM & I have been waiting on it to get the Minion War in full swing :)
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Chronicler
Adventurer

Just opened mine since the parents bought it as my Christmas gift.

Got Chuck's awesome art book and a copy of Splicers.

Also received the graphic novel. Guess Kevin really took my comment on loving art.

The other two books are Rifts world books Juicer Uprising and Coalition War Campaign, though I already own that one and will see if my FLGS can triad it for that copy of TMNT RPG they got from another guy (dude also had a mint Robotech 2 Sentinels book which I grabbed right away, so this guy did take care of his books.).

And lastly I was a bit confused when it also came with a Regult Artillery Squad cards. Though reading others post on here seems to be the norm.

All and all I like what I got and hopefully I get enough cash with other family members to get the RTT box set.

Merry Christmas Everyone.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Before you trade Coalition War Campaign. Check your copy. There was a ghost update on CWC, where in some of the OCCs got attribute bonus and what not built in to make them more compliant with the newer supplements. These are not 'announced' but present if you peek.

I purposefully got a new copy, I think.. last Christmas to get those updates.

Chronicler
Adventurer

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Before you trade Coalition War Campaign. Check your copy. There was a ghost update on CWC, where in some of the OCCs got attribute bonus and what not built in to make them more compliant with the newer supplements. These are not 'announced' but present if you peek.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked, it is the same print run for 2006. So I think I'm good on that end.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Chronicler wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:Before you trade Coalition War Campaign. Check your copy. There was a ghost update on CWC, where in some of the OCCs got attribute bonus and what not built in to make them more compliant with the newer supplements. These are not 'announced' but present if you peek.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked, it is the same print run for 2006. So I think I'm good on that end.

I did not know this, thanks. I will have to add this to my wish list maybe even get a second box.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
The Galactus Kid

My grab bag arrived at the proper location. I sent one to my cousin in California. She received the following:
RUE
Splicers
Nightbane
D-bees of North America
Machinations of Doom
Chuck Walton Artbook

She loved it all!!!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”