Nightbane any idea get more active on forum

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Nightbane any idea get more active on forum

Unread post by darkguyver »

want known what can we do get more active on forum and should do any special events for horror ip for Halloween thx for read.
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Nightbane any idea get more active on forum

Unread post by Glistam »

Perhaps a fun one-shot could be a group of normal teens who all are orphans (perhaps all part of a foster family) who experience their "Becoming" at the same time, when a group of hounds/ashmedi/namtar show up at their home with the intention to kill everyone. In the fight they all experience their becoming for the first time and an experienced/older Nightbane helps them to survive the assault but does not survive himself. However, he had documents on him that connect him to the underground railroad and so now these teens need to try and find this safe haven group but they are pursued by Nightlord minions and other dangers along the way.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

It has replay value because the "stock" characters are made as just regular humans, and in every new game with new people when the kids' "Becoming" happens the players start rolling on the random tables and run with things from there.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I believe they are putting all their horror eggs in the Dead Reign basket. It is possible and I'd probably create a crossover sourcebook on how to incorporate Dead Reign into Nightbane.

I'd also say that from my perspective - the only holiday PB focuses on is Christmas and GenCon. While Halloween is a big one for them. Kevin's attention is usually is directed at Kathy's (queenofghouls) business (which is understandable).
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Forum activity is directly tied to the popularity of a game. I don't expect Nightbane will ever be all that popular. What you could do is offer bonus experience to regular players for posting on the forum; stuff like character back stories, session journals, and original material. Even an enthusiastic group probably won't have a sustained impact though. For that I think you'd need to recruit several groups.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

The writer for the next Nightbane has a manuscript in the works, but real job commitments are keeping him some what
delayed in finishing it. Seem some previews and its going to be great :ok: .
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Can't be done. Its an obscure nineteen year old horror game that only ever got five sourcebooks, and its two most recent books are five and ten years old respectively. People who are already fans of Palladium's other stuff might occasionally decide to take a look at Nightbane, but you're never gonna generate interest in the broader roleplaying community.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”