Robotech Tactics Kickster II

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Will you support the next Robotect Tactics Kickstarter?

Yes, with more money!
14%
Yes, with the same amount.
20%
Yes, with less money ...
2%
Maybe, depending on Era/Units offered
6%
Maybe, depending on funds
2%
Maybe, depending on how the first finishes
2%
No, beecause of funds.
2%
No, but I didn't support the first either ...
14%
No, because how the first was handled!
24%
Tacos (other)
12%

Total votes: 49

Prysus
Champion

Robotech Tactics Kickster II

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Wow ... due to the continued complaints of the first two threads/polls, I'm created this one to try and appease the masses. I have no interest in RTT at all. I only peaked at those threads out of a morbid curiosity. With that said, I try to help. Hopefully this covers things well enough to keep everyone happy.

The question of the hour: If Palladium runs another Kickstarter for the next batch of Robotech (after Wave Two is released, for new eras and units), will you fund it? Let your voice be heard! We have 3 Yes categories, 3 Maybe categories, and 3 No categories. This makes all of them even, and you can add them as a whole, or look at the individual results. I put them in order from most favorable to least favorable (or that was my goal). Note: You can change your vote, and the poll will run indefinitely.

Please try to keep things civil. That's all for now. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

P.S. If people are still not happy with the voting options, I give mods permission to delete this thread. Instead of locking older threads, mods can also merge them, or just let them all run their course. I honestly don't care. If Kryptt approves of this poll, this may also be put under his credits (if possible) or some other method. I honestly have no interest in the topic.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Re: Robotech Tactics Kickster II

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

My no is complicated so bear with me. I didn't support the first so I went with that, but I'm also not into miniatures like this so that factored into not supporting it then and now, but also based on what I saw happen with Northern Gun and then with Robotech even if it WAS something I'd buy I wouldn't support this kickstarter.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

No disrespect intended, but there's a reason that doing proper scientific and accurate poling is not an easy thing. Not that I'm holding this to such high standards, just saying, it's a thing even professionals have to work at.

Also, "because" is spelled incorrectly. >.>
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Forar wrote:No disrespect intended, but there's a reason that doing proper scientific and accurate poling is not an easy thing. Not that I'm holding this to such high standards, just saying, it's a thing even professionals have to work at.

Also, "because" is spelled incorrectly. >.>

Son of a --!!

Err ... I mean ... Greetings and Salutations. Stupid typo. I'd fix it (because now it's going to annoy the **** out of me), but then I'd delete any poll results (I think). Alas, I must leave my shame for all to see. :( Appreciate the notice though, and wish I could fix it without messing everything up.

As for the polling part, as I said, not really a concern for me (as this is the RTT thing is something I don't much personally care about). I didn't vote, but if I did, it would be a "no," but because I didn't fund the first one either and this thing doesn't interest me (funds are also a concern). Like I said, I just saw the complaints in the other threads and figured I'd take a shot at making one that could cover all sides as fairly as possible. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

asbjorn
D-Bee
Comment: Rifter Contributor

Unread post by asbjorn »

Yes. I am happy with the Robotech Kickstarter. I supported the first and I will support the next. Thank you,
The Ruiner
Explorer
Comment: I am a perfectionist who is good at nothing. You can imagine my frustration.

Unread post by The Ruiner »

I missed both of the other kickstarters and would have contributed had I gotten to them in time. Even with the problems they have had if PB does another one, I would contribute. That of course is assuming I have the cash to spare when it comes along.
"There's only room in here for One, and I've decided it's not you."

"Open your eyes, I'm gonna horrify you into a comma!"--Master Shake
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

No way no how
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Thanks for changing the options, typos and all it still is a better poll.

I voted "Maybe, depending on Era/Units offered" for reasons I explained before.

I must admit that, given the how this one has gone I still doubt they will do it again.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Will be trying for at least the amount that I has one the first one, if not, more.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Warshield73 wrote:I must admit that, given the how this one has gone I still doubt they will do it again.

According to people who talked to them at Gencon, some PB folks said they were looking into it, possibly doing both the second and third generation at the same time, as many have postulated would be a good idea.

Especially given that the second series seems to struggle with popularity and how lucrative it can be, at least compared to the first and third.
Steve Carroll
D-Bee

Unread post by Steve Carroll »

Forar wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:I must admit that, given the how this one has gone I still doubt they will do it again.

According to people who talked to them at Gencon, some PB folks said they were looking into it, possibly doing both the second and third generation at the same time, as many have postulated would be a good idea.

Especially given that the second series seems to struggle with popularity and how lucrative it can be, at least compared to the first and third.

Kevin also said they are looking into other lines as well. Special Larger Scale figures of individual characters (for collecting purposes, not gaming), also possible other games like Fantasy and RIFTS. Also, some of the lines (including Robotech) may be of a different scale than the first Kickstarter.
One of the Creative Minds behind the Blocker Combat Robot!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Personally I would love to have some minis in the same scale as the RRT, but I would hope that they would include 28mm versions of the cyclones.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

I would defiantly contribute to a second kickstarter even though I have shared in the disappointments that have beset this project like many of you. I have a few reasons for this that I feel are worth noting and I would like all of you to consider them carefully please,

First, whether you agree with it or not it seems unlikely Harmony Gold will offer the license to another company. At the moment I can't see another company getting the rights to produce a miniature game especially when Palladium already has a reputation established as being someone Harmony Gold can work with. From Harmony Golds perspective the known in this case is more attractive than the unknown. Remember everything Palladium Books has done on this project, every miniature and every change has been signed off on by Harmony Gold. That means for Harmony Gold to say Palladium did wrong is to also admit they did wrong.

Secondly, As the only company with the license. To not support a Robotech miniature project is a vote against Robotech. Now I clearly understand many of you who say "No" aren't saying you hate Robotech. But what I think you do need to realize is that at this point Palladium Books and Robotech are linked at the hip. A vote against one is a vote against the other. If Palladium books does not produce the next set of Robotech Miniatures then it is highly likely unlikely that Harmony Gold will try to make such a product again for the foreseeable future.

So those of us who are harboring doubts about the capabilities of Palladium are faced with a difficult choice. We can ether chose to support the Robotech Miniatures through Palladium Books. Or we can withhold our money as a vote of no confidence against both Palladium and Robotech in general. Many of us will always love this property. And while there are no doubt those among us who would love to see Palladium fail its important to remember that if they fail, Robotech fails.

This is an old license and its held by an ultra conservative Hollywood company. From their point of view its Succeed or Not Succeed. They are going to assume that if Palladium can not do it, it can not be done. Harmony Gold isn't interested in reason, or logic, or it "failed" because... they are interested in money. Money made the first project happen. Only money can make a second project happen.

Therefore, its support more Robotech or accept that this is all there is ever going to be.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

asbjorn wrote:Yes. I am happy with the Robotech Kickstarter. I supported the first and I will support the next. Thank you,

Same here. I could go for some alphas or Bioroids.
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

D I T T O :-D
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I'm just praying if and when they do go forward with the next parts of Robotech, that they have learned and things will go better.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

My original answer to the question was redacted without notification or consent. Thus I will just let my vote say what needs to be said on this threads' subject.
So... TACOS
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Since Krypt's old topic was locked and his replacement has disappeared, I'll post my thoughts again here. I'll be pledging the might sum of $1.00 so I can simply comment on the project for years to come in a open (if frequently contentious) environment. I consider this a "no" vote in the poll though as I don't expect any product/rewards for my pledge.

Warning: User warned for trolling another forum entity/user. In this case, Palladium Books. User has been temporarily banned as this is a 4th warning. This specific warning being issued while still having 3 warnings AND having come off a ban less then 2 weeks ago. - NMI
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Given the vote that happened earlier this year, that $1 might give you non-zero influence over how the project develops. Hell, even if I choose not to back (for financial reasons, because of a lack of faith, whatever), tossing them $1 just to have the comments section available and get update notification would be worth it.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Question for Kryptt &/or Prysus... Which poll option will you consider all the forum members who don't vote to count as?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Glistam wrote:Question for Kryptt &/or Prysus... Which poll option will you consider all the forum members who don't vote to count as?

The answer is obvious. They'll get counted as an automatic "No because of how the first was handled". Since there not voting I'll have the results go how I think they would vote. After all I have the voters best interest in mind and it's for the good of the community. I learn from the best. :wink:

Warning: User warned for trolling another forum entity/user. In this case, Palladium Books. User has been temporarily banned as this is a 4th warning. This specific warning being issued while still having 3 warnings AND having come off a ban less then 2 weeks ago. - NMI
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Oh snap...
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. For the record, I understand that Kryptt's first thread was locked per his request (as he made a replacement). I don't know what happened to the replacement one. I only created this one because (at the time I did) it seemed as those responding to his were focusing on the poll options. So I wanted to give it a shot in the hopes of getting people to discuss the topic. Note: After I created this one, it looked like the replacement thread started getting back on topic (and then it disappeared).

As to Glistam's question, I think I see the intent (much as Kryptt demonstrated), but I'll answer all the same (since I specifically was addressed). I'd mark them as a "Maybe" since I don't know if it's a yes or no. However, in a case such as with the Palladium vote where there was no "Maybe" option (as that wouldn't help the situation) and it's all "Yes" or "No" then I'd rule on the side of "I don't care." For this poll, that likely means "No," because if you don't care you're not likely to spend money on it.

Farewell and safe journeys.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Locked for the trolling.

Warnings will be issued soon.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”