No Wayne = No Updates?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kendachi
Wanderer

No Wayne = No Updates?

Unread post by Kendachi »

This seems like a bad situation. I mean, god forbid, Wayne exits the company for some reason.

Would that mean no updates ever again? I don't think wax plates can be published on the internet, but what do I know.
"If a question is not asked, then how can it be ignored?" - NMI

“No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that." - Wayne
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Re: No Wayne = No Updates?

Unread post by Sureshot »

A few weeks or however long Wayne is gone with no updates is okay. Do you think every other rpg companies updates all the time. Relax take a deep breath. I get the point being made and yes they should have more than one person who ca post updates. It's not the end of the world either.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

While I would also love some news I think the biggest news has already come and gone. RTT has arrived and is beginning to ship...slowly. Everything else is down hill from here. I'm guessing I'll see my stuff October ish. Which means its time to get psyched up for assembly and painting.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Problem is whenever it has been commented that Palladium needs to get more tech-friendly Kevin invariably responds with "oh they guys here are pretty tech savvy". Just look at the whole Facebook Fiasco of 2010. :lol: This is just a demonstration of the fact that no they are not. Wayne may be. The rest most assuredly are not, otherwise the update would get posted. Kevin is the one that writes them anyway. Wayne just posts it up to the site. What will be very telling is if Kevin doesn't even do a murmur as that is just a matter of logging into the forums here, typing (or pasting it in) and hitting post.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

jaymz wrote:What will be very telling is if Kevin doesn't even do a murmur as that is just a matter of logging into the forums here, typing (or pasting it in) and hitting post.

He hasn't done a murmur for over a month now.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

jaymz wrote:Problem is whenever it has been commented that Palladium needs to get more tech-friendly Kevin invariably responds with "oh they guys here are pretty tech savvy". Just look at the whole Facebook Fiasco of 2010. :lol: This is just a demonstration of the fact that no they are not. Wayne may be. The rest most assuredly are not, otherwise the update would get posted. Kevin is the one that writes them anyway. Wayne just posts it up to the site. What will be very telling is if Kevin doesn't even do a murmur as that is just a matter of logging into the forums here, typing (or pasting it in) and hitting post.

As much as Palladium tries to say they are tech savvy imo they are not. They really should learn more skills. That way if one or more leave or are sick it does not goes a delay.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Well not a murmur but those weekly updates.
Kendachi
Wanderer

Unread post by Kendachi »

Yes, I know it's not the end of the world. I'm not clamoring for an update. I just think it would do Palladium and company good to have another person who can do the updates.

What if Wayne's plane pulls a Lost on the way back? :D
"If a question is not asked, then how can it be ignored?" - NMI

“No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that." - Wayne
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I think the uncomfortable truth being avoided may be that they might not be able to ship anyone but the core box backers until the later containers show up.

Remember, they were only going to have 4 out of the 6 expansion boxes available at Gencon. If Container 1 lacks two of the expansions, then they can't send out battle cry or higher packages until Container 2 arrives (assuming that one contains the missing expansions). Given that Container 2 might not get to them until late September or early October, that would be... inconvenient, and push nearly 5,000 boxes into the Oct/Nov range for shipping, if they could even manage roughly 100 backer orders per day without fail for two months straight.

Edit: the simplest resolution to this concern would be a Battle Cry backer receiving shipping notification. Given that shipping began over a week ago, surely they're moving onto the BCs soon. If not, well, that'd be rather telling.

Any BC backers gotten such an email yet?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

If I remember right, he should be only gone a week or so. So no worries. And they have brought people in to help, right? I think I even remembered that some people here said they would help, so are they helping?
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Kendachi wrote:What if Wayne's plane pulls a Lost on the way back? :D

Then he will return in 6 seasons with a conclusion to his story that many will not find satisfying. :D

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Alpha 11 wrote:If I remember right, he should be only gone a week or so. So no worries. And they have brought people in to help, right? I think I even remembered that some people here said they would help, so are they helping?

They mentioned that they would be getting volunteer help, including John from Ninja Division.

But as I've noted above, it's possible they won't need help until container 2 arrives, as they don't seem to have sent anything but core boxes yet.

By the numbers, there are roughly 200 core box backers. There are ~3,100 Battle Cry backers. Ergo, some BC backers should be getting notifications really soon if they are, in fact, shipping BCs.
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Kendachi wrote:What if Wayne's plane pulls a Lost on the way back? :D

Then he will return in 6 seasons with a conclusion to his story that many will not find satisfying. :D

I loved the end of LOST.

:)
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Kendachi wrote:This seems like a bad situation. I mean, god forbid, Wayne exits the company for some reason.

Would that mean no updates ever again? I don't think wax plates can be published on the internet, but what do I know.

With Wayne Smith being in China and the 1st Container of Robotech RPG Tactics having arrived and in need of being shipped to backers, on top of the rest of regular day-to-day business needs, being down one person, is going to put a strain on things like Murmurs and Weekly Updates.

Just because Wayne is in China ON business and there hasn't been a update/murmur posted, does not give a reason for "panic" or the "birth of additional conspiracies" to begin.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

jaymz wrote:Problem is whenever it has been commented that Palladium needs to get more tech-friendly Kevin invariably responds with "oh they guys here are pretty tech savvy". Just look at the whole Facebook Fiasco of 2010. :lol: This is just a demonstration of the fact that no they are not. Wayne may be. The rest most assuredly are not, otherwise the update would get posted. Kevin is the one that writes them anyway. Wayne just posts it up to the site. What will be very telling is if Kevin doesn't even do a murmur as that is just a matter of logging into the forums here, typing (or pasting it in) and hitting post.

Let's avoid assuming to know what the technological skill level is of the Palladium staff might be. Let's try and avoid insulting their intellect in said matters.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Sureshot wrote:

As much as Palladium tries to say they are tech savvy imo they are not. They really should learn more skills. That way if one or more leave or are sick it does not goes a delay.

And you should try to be a little less insulting of them on their forums. Regardless of how subtle you think you are/were.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”