Future Visions - The Artistry of Charles Walton II

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Future Visions - The Artistry of Charles Walton II

Unread post by AlexM »

It has gone to press. It's 96 pages of black and white drawings that will please fans of his work. Get the details here:

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... alton.html

Oh yeah,
Alex Marciniszyn
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Future Visions - The Artistry of Charles Walton II

Unread post by bielmic »

Now that it has gone to press (for which I am glad so congrats), can you take some pictures of the Robotech set that Kevin has been showing everyone for the past week and a half except the 5,000+ folks who paid for it? Most companies rush to put up those kind of pics right away in Kickstarters which makes it doubly disappointing that PB has had the set for 10 days now without even a set of grainy cell phone pics. It's bad enough that scalper VIGs will be getting the sets before the vast majority of backers who paid over a year ago do... do we even need to wait for the inevitable ebay auctions on day 1 of Gencon to get the first pics of the contents?

Warning: User warned for trolling and baiting a forum entity/user. This is a 3rd strike. -NMI
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

bielmic wrote:Now that it has gone to press (for which I am glad so congrats), can you take some pictures of the Robotech set that Kevin has been showing everyone for the past week and a half except the 5,000+ folks who paid for it? Most companies rush to put up those kind of pics right away in Kickstarters which makes it doubly disappointing that PB has had the set for 10 days now without even a set of grainy cell phone pics. It's bad enough that scalper VIGs will be getting the sets before the vast majority of backers who paid over a year ago do... do we even need to wait for the inevitable ebay auctions on day 1 of Gencon to get the first pics of the contents?

What does that have to do with Chuck Walton's book.....
Congrats Chuck!! Well deserved!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

AlexM wrote:It has gone to press. It's 96 pages of black and white drawings that will please fans of his work. Get the details here:

Oh yeah,
Alex Marciniszyn

Excellent! That Walton guy's goin' places I tell ya!
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Troll like comment removed.
Carry on with your day people.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

But I haven't even ordered The Artistry of Charles Walton I yet, and the sequels out?! :-P
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

heh. i wonder what the artistry of chuck's dad (grandpa? great-grandpa?) would look like ^^
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Did I miss the first one? :erm:

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

no. the book might otherwise be titled "the artistry of the person named charles walton the second".

pretty sure shaka was just being facetious, and acting like the "II" was referring to the book number, rather than charles walton ;)
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I know. *Chuckles* I was trying to keep the joke going.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

popscythe
Adventurer
Comment: Mecha-sized flamethrowers, dudes! *woooooosh* :heart:

Unread post by popscythe »

Walton art is amazing. I've never actually bought an art-only book but you never know, I actually might get this one.
Zarathustra was extremely accurate. He was talking about you, man.
Whoops! Looks like I was wrong about where Mos Eisley's located.
Victorious on Final Jeopardy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilrszSXGiI
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I'll likely get this one, but I'll wait and get it as part of a bigger order, to save on shipping. I love Chuck's work too and want to put more money in his pockets, so he keeps producing more.

Gunwolves Forever!

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

zyanitevp wrote:
bielmic wrote:Now that it has gone to press (for which I am glad so congrats), can you take some pictures of the Robotech set that Kevin has been showing everyone for the past week and a half except the 5,000+ folks who paid for it? Most companies rush to put up those kind of pics right away in Kickstarters which makes it doubly disappointing that PB has had the set for 10 days now without even a set of grainy cell phone pics. It's bad enough that scalper VIGs will be getting the sets before the vast majority of backers who paid over a year ago do... do we even need to wait for the inevitable ebay auctions on day 1 of Gencon to get the first pics of the contents?

Thanks so much Zyanitevp! I'm humbled with this opportunity to share some of the ideas and concepts that have been brewing. I'm eager to see what everyone who gets a peak inside has to say. I hope it will stir imaginations.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

mrloucifer wrote:
AlexM wrote:It has gone to press. It's 96 pages of black and white drawings that will please fans of his work. Get the details here:

Oh yeah,
Alex Marciniszyn

Excellent! That Walton guy's goin' places I tell ya!

Thank you! I have so much envisioned for several of Palladium`s gamelines but I have to get them done one book at a time, grrrrrrr.....
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Shark_Force wrote:heh. i wonder what the artistry of chuck's dad (grandpa? great-grandpa?) would look like ^^

My dad's art would certainly be more aviation oriented with a flare of micronauts. Hmmmmm... grand pa would likely have been pool shark assassins.
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Mounts, Machines, and more, oh wow.
I'm chomping at the bit to be inspired and ask questions.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

popscythe wrote:Walton art is amazing. I've never actually bought an art-only book but you never know, I actually might get this one.

Wow... Thank you. Here's hoping that if you decide to purchase your first artbook that it will be a book that keeps you buying more, wether its my book or another Artist.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I'll likely get this one, but I'll wait and get it as part of a bigger order, to save on shipping. I love Chuck's work too and want to put more money in his pockets, so he keeps producing more.

Gunwolves Forever!

Awe... Thank you for the support, its truly heartfelt. Heck yeah Gunwolves rule... now if only I can find the right technowizard to enhance a pack of Gunwolves into technowizardry mecha, I can then install the lobos geist roaming in Antarctica so that I can have a hardcore Rifts fuser. Oooooops, did I say too much?
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:Mounts, Machines, and more, oh wow.
I'm chomping at the bit to be inspired and ask questions.

How did you find out the goods so quickly? :D
Ok... you got me. What does the amazing 89er want to know?
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Premier wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

Thanks so much Zyanitevp! I'm humbled with this opportunity to share some of the ideas and concepts that have been brewing. I'm eager to see what everyone who gets a peak inside has to say. I hope it will stir imaginations.

If your art gets me into Splicers, that really will be saying something!
That being said, cannot wait to see your work in the upcoming Fantasy book, which is still my personal favorite system.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

waiting on this and Megaverse in Flames... already chomping for "Heroes of Humanity"...

I already know this will be awesome... just a question of how awesome.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Premier wrote:
popscythe wrote:Walton art is amazing. I've never actually bought an art-only book but you never know, I actually might get this one.

Wow... Thank you. Here's hoping that if you decide to purchase your first artbook that it will be a book that keeps you buying more, wether its my book or another Artist.

I have received and read through the art book, and it is amazing.

First batch of questions:
P. 20: Is this how an outrider “rides” a Grendel, acting as a power armor piloting a small mecha?
P. 26+27: What uses turret-bugs and fanged cannons to work?
P. 13: Where do I sign up for Legion Love?
P. 82+83: Is this horrible or a way for a child to survive?
P. 38: Are crystal/gel headed beasts pursuing that Strider?
P. 40+41: Did Biollante and a Spinosaurus have a lovechild?
P. 44+45: That is an Abomination mount, where can I get a teacup version?
P. 46+47: What am I even looking at here?
P. 56: That’s a got dang Tiger Seal, is it not?
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Hey 89er,

Thanks for the Support 89er!!!

Your posts are always a welcomed sight to read! I see we are going to have to “induct” you into the Legion Fold, J.

1. P. 20: Is this how an Outrider “rides” a Grendel, acting as a power armor piloting a small mecha?

Yesssiirrrr… For the Generation-II, Grendel type, this is how the Outrider rides the Warmount. We have also been working on the Generation-I and Generation-III types as well.

2. P. 26-27: What uses turret-bugs and fanged cannons to works?

That sir, would be the newly released (prototype) Menagerie O.C.C. It is similar to the Swarmlord & Packmaster in some regards. It utilizes a specialized Living Body Armor instead of Host Armor to conduct its operations. The wicked critters are dubbed, “Daemonicks,” in which the Menagerie can select and customize their own Daemonick Squadron to command.

This is not to mention that the Menagerie gets a Squadron leader chosen from the various types of Daemonicks to select as their Squadron leader, that mount son the Menagerie’s back like a backpack. The squadron leader is a much larger version of its Daemonick brethren. The entire illustration entails pages 26-27 as the lower half, and the squadron leader showcased on pages 52-53 leaping off of the Menagerie’s back is a pages.

3. P. 13: Where do I sign up for Legion Love?

A.O.I. (Area of Influence) - 24, Factory Walker – Unity 1, Reprocessing deck, 36 meters down on the left side of the Fusion core, chambers Sigma-Sixteen or Omega-Sixteen should be available.

May I ask, What attributes and secrets do you plan to surrender unto the Legion?

4. P.82-83: Is this horrible or a way for a child to survive?

Uh Oh… Now your about to see just how psychological and twisted Legion really is. The “Mechanics” are part of Legion’s horde of Machina that scour the Splicers habitats. They assist the scorpionic “Collectors” (P. 88-89), in repairing Legion’s machines and installations, or dissecting and salvaging NEXUS machines and parts for Legion’s objectives. The psychological horror of young children being fused into the Mechanic is to make it extremely difficult and disturbing for any Splicer to pull the trigger to stop such drones. It is uncertain if the children can be rescued from these wicked casings or if they are used like puppet with Legion’s protocols and programming, being the ventriloquist that manipulate the living child parts to talk, smile, laugh, cry out for help and to call on their Splicer brethren to make it even more horrific of an experience. Yeah, Legion is twisted that way. Surely this will give us Gamers something to talk about.

5. P. 38: Are crystal/gel headed beasts pursuing that Strider?

Yep, the Jel-lions are trying to run down the Strider to devour it. The outrider made a good appetizer, but the main course would be more fulfilling. The Strider’s tail has already been dissolved.

Truly dread man, truly dread…

The Jel-lions are an pack hunting, apex predator that are one of MANY alien species that Slappy & I have designed for Gaia’s Nature preserves. Here’s a sneak peak excerpt:

Jel-lions: These fearsome pack predators are one of the stranger creatures roaming the New Eden nature preserve. While their thickly muscled bodies resemble conventional lions (although much larger), their heads are what make them so unusual. Actually, they do not have heads at all. In place of a head, a Jel-lion possesses a large membrane filled with a viscous substance that quickly dissolves anything it comes in contact with like acid. Jel-lions attack by slamming into their target at full speed and bursting open their membrane “heads” all over their prey. If the acidic gel does not kill the unfortunate creature outright, then it is in for a brutal death as it is quickly digested from the inside out. The gel-like fluid contained within the membrane head is actually a colony of billions of microscopic organisms. This is what makes Jel-lions so dangerous. Acid, no matter how strong, eventually becomes inert, but the fluid from a Jel-lion keeps devouring its target until nothing remains.

So tempting to share more as this is one of my favorite Splicers preserves wildife, but hey, that’s why we need this book out.

6. P.40-41: Did Biollante and a Spinosaurus have a lovechild?

That could explain some things. This titanic Venus-fly trap and Spinosaurus-Egypticus of a plant is called a “Dream Catcher”. It’s another completely written preserves flora that helps add to the dimension of this setting.

7. P.44-45: That is Abomination mount, where can I get a teacup version?

LOL! Hadn’t entertained mini-Aboms until now. How disturbing and sort of cute they might be, depending on the size you are envisioning. Glad you were able to recognize what they were. Slappy’s Abominations are another hallmark of what can be devised with an open mind and well-written ideas. Great eye, 89er!

8. P.46-47: What am I even looking at here?

What you are looking at form left to right is an Outrider being tossed from his Behemoth War Mount as a Ripping Fury charges in on them. Yep, that’s just how huge and terrifying a Ripping Fury is.

A sneak peak:

Ripping Fury: These enormous predators are just one of the many giant beasts stalking the forests around the Colossalwood trees at the center of New Eden. The oxygen-rich air in the heart of the preserve has allowed truly gargantuan creatures to thrive and flourish. This provides plenty of prey for the living nightmares known as Ripping Furies. The average Ripping Fury is about forty feet tall and weighs in at a healthy 50 tons. They may not be the largest predators in New Eden, but they are one of the deadliest. A Ripping Fury’s durable armored hide is as thick as two feet in some spots, making it virtually invulnerable to all but the toughest predators. Of course, it is not its defensive capabilities that make it so terrifying. They get their name from the eight gigantic sickle-like limbs covering their bodies. Each bladed arm has a wicked serrated edge that tears through the prey rather than cleanly slicing. It creates a far more brutal, painful wound, plus it is slower to heal. It also has two enormous crab claws that it uses to hold down its victim as it filets its prey with its furiously whirling blades. The powerful jaws can crush a solid block of mega-steel with ease and the gigantic claws on its hind legs can cleave through the thickest armor with a powerful leg kick.

Ripping Furies are solitary hunters. They claim large tracks of land as their territory and defend it aggressively against all intruders, including other Ripping Furies. They will allow a battered and beaten Fury to withdraw once it submits, but any other creature, no matter how large, will be attacked without mercy until it is completely shredded. A Ripping Fury will withdraw from other predators if it is outmatched (loses 30 percent of its M.D.C.), but this rarely happens.

Every two years, the Furies will venture beyond their own territories to find a mate. The contests between males during mating season have been known to level large sections of the forest. Gaia does her best to gently nudge males towards specific females to prevent these titanic clashes, but sometimes nature simply cannot be controlled. Once the pair has mated, they go their separate ways. The male back to his own territory, and the female seeks out a new area to deposit her young. The female delivers two to four live young and then immediately abandons them and goes back to her own territory. The young Furies are about six feet tall and weigh 500 pounds (225 kg) at birth. They are born formidable combatants and the young work together for the first few years to find their way in the world and establish their territory. When they reach maturity after about six to eight years, then the siblings will fight to determine who gets final claim of the land. Half of these contests actually do go to the death, but siblings are often allowed to retreat from the area to try and find their own lands. Gaia introduced Ripping Furies to decimate the Resistance forces invading her carefully crafted sanctuaries, but they have proven to be too unbalancing to the ecosystem. They are seizing more and more territory in the forest and Gaia has been forced to introduce larger and even deadlier predators to try to bring their growth under control. She is debating on simply gassing a few hundred and relocating them (possibly to be released in other human controlled regions).

Yeah buddy, “Gone have some fun…!!!”

9. P. 56: That’s a got dang Tiger Seal, is it not?

That is an awesome eye for assessment that you have. That Predatory mount, the Zeppelin, is inspired with the influences of a Siberian tiger, Fisher and Leopard seal, designed ideally for arboreal, mountain, extreme surface expeditions and excursions, but with it’s leopard seal influences it is also an adept marine steed. It’s far more Mustelid in it’s temperament and morphology (by 65-70%) than it is of the other two animal influences.

Thanks for the inquiries as I am honored to share and answer as much as I can.

Cheers,
Chuck
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Round 2 of questions

P. 11: Are those two different biotics?
P. 12: Is the new roughneck wielding a biotech cola bottle firearm with a chomping arm?
P. 33: An archery Skinjob, or something more?
P. 35: A sketch of a Splicesquatch, I presume?
P. 36: Are the whales related to the violet wave?
P. 37 Is this the Behemoth Mark 2?
P. 50+51+57: Can that be the tunnel rat at long last?
P. 55: Have Gore Felines come to fruition?
P. 61: Lion-Ants and Killmodos, because why not?
P. 62: Is there more to the splice roach and the land whale?
P. 63: The kitty-mole has not had her shots, has she?
P. 67: Are those Gore baboons?
P. 13: The composite of Splicer biotech and Legion hardware?
P. 75: A biotic revenent with nano plague tendrils ala Venom or Carnage?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Looking forward to getting this book.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:Round 2 of questions

P. 11: Are those two different biotics?

Naw... Just a Biotic that can metamorphosis and transition into a heavier armored form.

P. 12: Is the new roughneck wielding a biotech cola bottle firearm with a chomping arm?

Yessirrrr... Roughnecks need love too...

P. 33: An archery Skinjob, or something more?

Both.

P. 35: A sketch of a Splicesquatch, I presume?

Not this time. That is an intelligent, tribal mountainous and Arctic critter from the Nature preserves. To see just how big it is, there is a VERY rough sketch of a Host Armor crouching with a dual saber and tri Bio-boosters flaring. Also note the human adult skull on the necklace for scale as well. I will finish this illoe someday for the Preserves sourcebook.

P. 36: Are the whales related to the violet wave?

Yep, those are Lusca. I just need to get the digital paints finished for the Unleashed fulfillment. The Lusca and the final winner have actually been penciled a long time ago, just needing to get the digital paints completed.

P. 37 Is this the Behemoth Mark 2?

Sigh.. those were new at the time (4 years ago at least). However, I've been VERY busy with Splicers since then and have revised the Behemoth much more to what it should be. Personally, I would discard that Behemoth on page 37 or use it as a starving Great House's variant.
P. 50+51+57: Can that be the tunnel rat at long last?

Yessirrr... Especially pages 50+51. That's the latest revision that I am most happy with and approved by Slappy. Never thought I would say this about any rodent, but the Tunnel rat Warmount like that could easily be one of my top 10 fav Warmounts.

P. 55: Have Gore Felines come to fruition?

Those are a peak at the more natural feline predator species released by Gaia for her Nature Preserves.
We do have some Gore-lions in the works, but that's for a later Discussion.

P. 61: Lion-Ants and Killmodos, because why not?

:lol: Plus some nasty Giant Jelly fish tendril mane on this large dual headed Saber cat for good measure. "Oh he likes you, 89er. Looks like love at first sight to me."

P. 62: Is there more to the splice roach and the land whale?

LOL, Merlin's Stinger is indeed a VERY nasty "Roach," (Roughnecks lang for them). Merlin Stingers are actually a wicked fusion more closely related to that of Hornets - Siafu Ants/Giant Centipede and Humboldt Squid that commonly average 7.5-10 feet long. They build and develop complex hives and are nice competitors for underground havens and habitat. They are very territorial and intelligent for being mere "insects" which lends Xenologist to believe that they are more like insectoid land roving squids that are very adaptable with squid like intelligence. Armed with a mega-damage endo-skeletons and powerful pincers, mandibles and beak that can tear open bio-armor or steel, acidic ink spray, a shocking surprise built into their stingers, and extremely nimble and strong for their size allowing them to run along walls and ceilings. Being both insect and squid, they are adept swimmers as they force pressurized expulsion of water through their hydro-back carapace. They are building a wicked name for themselves.

Merlin Stingers reproduce rapidly and abundantly and the brood require ravenous feeding swarms to sustain their swarm hives. Good thing they despise the cold. Taking out a nest might make for good new haven expansion as their labyrinth tunnel networks and converted sewer system networks are nice and solidified, but the trouble of exterminating them and cleansing their chemical trails may far outweigh the rewards. It is suspected that Gaia is breeding and nurturing Merlin Stinger colonies, particularly inside and outside her Preserves, to keep Splicers out of the subterranean habitats under the Nature Preserves or to flush them from underground so that they can be butchered by her fellow Sisters.

I suspect that your upcoming O.C.C. will delight in studying and exterminating them.

P. 63: The kitty-mole has not had her shots, has she?

:lol: That's a Northern Grass-Cutter. Think hippo, manta ray and Caterpillar, with the hippo temperament, and just note that the Northern species is the more docile type. They are a herd oriented species.

P. 67: Are those Gore baboons?

Maybe... Have you been looking into the Troopmaster O.C.C. from the Great House of Charlemagne? :wink: hmm...

P. 13: The composite of Splicer biotech and Legion hardware?

Yesssiirrrr.... It's one of Legion's wicked works-of-art, "Amalgams: Terror Hulk." For scale, that right arm is actually the head and neck of a usurped Dracos. This is one of the reasons why SPLICERS don't want Legion to get ahold of their biotech.

P. 75: A biotic revenent with nano plague tendrils ala Venom or Carnage?

What you are viewing is what Legion does when she is so...fortunate to catch a Scarecrow. The mounted trophy head(s) do actually cry, curse and scream as well.
"Oh... I… am afraid that this is a FULLY functional Scarecrow armed with a chest cavity Omega Cannon."
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Looking forward to getting this book.

It looks forward to getting you as well...
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

This guy is probably the best artist Palladium has seen in awhile, period!
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Trooper Jim wrote:This guy is probably the best artist Palladium has seen in awhile, period!

+1.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Got my copy today and its awesome. :ok:

Pieces that stand out.
Page 6 - Love the look on the dogs face.
Page 9 - This is my favorite piece you have done.
Page 11 - Don't want to make that guy mad.
Page 64-65 - Impressive, some very nice hounds.
Page 82-83 - OMG, nuke it from orbit!

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Trooper Jim wrote:This guy is probably the best artist Palladium has seen in awhile, period!

Thank You for the vote of confidence and humbling support, but the Palladiumbooks Creative Roster has some deep waters, and I am continuing to enjoy learning from them all.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

ffranceschi wrote:

+1.

Thank You kindly for the humbling support and encouragement!
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Got my copy today and its awesome. :ok:

Pieces that stand out.
Page 82-83 - OMG, nuke it from orbit!

Thank you so........ much Shawn!!! Appreciate the support and compliment!

Thank You kindly sir

Thank You so much. It is one of my favorites as well. Actually the Dreadguard character/Host Armor and now the original artwork belong to Galactus Kid's campaign for one of his SPLICERS Players. I do believe its his Brother's character named "Miko". Here the beautiful serenity of Miko can be seen as she bask in her meditation aura preparing for her next SORTE.

MIKO & DRAGON HOST ARMOR
Warsaw Field Operative: Roughneck, recently promoted to Dreadguard rank.

Background:
Miko is refugee from a Japanese oriented Retro-Village and she is now a citizen with the Great House Warsaw. Miko can be seen in her Lotus position with her ancient Macachuitl, which has been passed down to her. Miko’s personal Dreadguard Host Armor (HA), (a Living bio-mechanical equivalent of Power Armor only better, as Host Armors regenerate their expended ammo payloads and damage received in combat). What you see before you is one of the first Dragon Knight Host Armors to debut. Its features are as follows

Statistical Data of the Draconian Host Armor (at the time of illustration (12/2009)):

Height: 8 Feet (2.4m)
Width: 4 feet (1.2m), 20 foot wingspan tip to tip (6.1m)
Weight: 600 lbs (270kg), including Miko’s weight, wings & tail
Length: 3 feet (0.9m), 13 feet including tail (3.96m)
Cargo: she can carry her weight and with her foot talons she can lift an additional 540 lbs (243lbs) for a distance of 200 feet though her speed is reduced to half
Operational Lifespan: 36-year lifespan
Senses & Features: The eyes of the Dragon Host Armor are equipped with advanced sight, passive nightvision (light amplification, range 2000 feet/610m) polarization (glare reduction to help prevent blinding), sound amplifying hearing (able to hear a whisper 300 feet/91.5 feet away) and a sense of taste & smell about twice as acute as an ordinary human. The Host Armor can accurately sense magnetic north at all times, as well as project Miko’s (the pilot) voice up to 80 decibels as if amplified by a megaphone or loudspeaker. The Host Armor itself is shield from damage by high intensity sounds, radiation and minor heat, fire & cold conditions. The Host Armor purifies the air before it is passed on to the pilot, Miko, removing all toxins, poisons and impurities before it is breathed. The Host Armor also has a built in system of gills to allow Miko to breathe via the Dragon Host Armor, underwater for an unlimited time period. Also as in all Host Armors, the Dragon Host Armor possesses a unique set of communications gear called Bio-Comms. These organic resonators create sympathetic vibrations in other living creatures that can be decoded by other bio-comm units, creating a system of telepathic like communication that has proven to be undecipherable to the Machine. The maximum rang of the Bio-Comm range is 6 miles (9.6 km).
Feeding: Miko’s suit must consume 10-30 lbs (4.5 –13.5 kg) of animal matter a day and may gorge up to 50-80 lbs (22.5–36 kg) at one time. After gorging the Dragon HA can go for 2-8 days without feeding and without suffering any ill effects.
Sleep Requirements: The Host Armor requires 2-8 hours of sleep/rest/inactivity per day.

Speed Stats:

Running: clocked at 80mph (128km), the act of running does tire Miko, but at only 10% the normal fatigue rate due to the musculature and augmentation of the Host Armor.
Leaping: can leap up to 20 feet (6.1m) high or 40 feet (12.2 m) across from a standing position.
Digging: 20 mph (32 km) through sand and dirt, but half as fast through rock & stone. Digging does tire Miko out, but at a fatigue rate only 50% less than normal.
Swimming: 30 mph (48 km/25.9 knots) using human form of swimming, however, Dragonese form of swimming is 60 mph (96 km/51.8 knots) with the tail thrust and wing assistance, this does not tire the Host Armor or Miko, and does 80% less disturbance to the water surface.
Underwater Depth: The Dragon Host Armor can withstand pressure up to 700 feet (213.4m) down.
Flying: Miko’s HA has been clocked at 100 mph (160 km) and reaching a maximum altitude of 15,000 feet (4572 m), though she might actually be capable of faster speeds as she has been seen in a short burst high speed dive of 300 mph (480 km).

Special Weapons
A.) Advanced Central eye visor providing the Host a vision similar to that of an eagle, enabling Miko to recognize a face or read a small sign up to a mile away (1.6 km), and also provides passive nightvision with a 2000 ft range & polarized eye filters (to block out glare and reflected light).

B.) Additional Eyes are located on the back of the neck and the back of the gauntlets of each hand of the Dragon Host Armor. The pair of mounted eyes on the neck work great for seeing targets behind Miko, especially during flight or in intense combat scenarios where numerous adversaries are about. The mounted hand eyes are also great for seeing around corners and setting up tactical attacks.

C.) Incendiary Breath Weapon is located in the lungs, throat & mouth of the Dragon’s maw to project a blast of chemicals that mix on contact with the air to produce a gout of flame just like the mythical dragons of lore. There is no visible weapon port so the fiery blast can come without any warning and can be intense with an effective range of 30-40 feet (9.1 m-12.2 m). It is unknown, though it has been rumored that this Dragon Host Armor spews plasma, this is yet to be confirmed, yet that is, smile.

D.) (6) Super Light Cell cluster on the left forearm resemble large spider eyes with each large cell producing a beam of pure white light beam that does serious accumulative damage & can discharge all the cells in a volley burst. Even laser resistant armors receive full damage, as the light beam produced is not a true laser. The Super light Cell beams can reach an effective range of 1000 (305 m) feet but can be increased to 2000 feet (610 m). One of Miko’s favorite combat tactics is to peak he left hand around the corner using her gauntlet’s mounted eye, identify the targets and then place only her arm or forearm around the corner and blaze enemies down with the targeting, without exposing herself.

E.) Spore Discharger mounted on the right shoulder, this long protrusion grown from the shoulder fires a liquid stream of metal eating spores. Once the liquid comes into contact with a robot, machine or any metallic object, the spores pop like a stream of micro-explosive rounds and begin to eat into the metal target(s), though they are totally ineffective to living targets. The liquid discharge can reach an effective range of 600-1200 feet (183m-366m).

F.) Gore Cannon mounted on the Left shoulder is a unique weapon type that extends from the Host Armor’s shoulder housing that can swivel and point in any direction and turn 360 degrees. The blast is a nasty combination of gore regurgitated by the digestive system of the Host Armor and Bio-Energy generated by the nervous system. This makes for a repulsive blast of energized slime that burns through an opponent like lava. The Gore can reach an effective range of 1000- 1400 feet (305 m-427 m). Great for slagging the Machina!

G.) A Retractable tongue is housed in the powerful jaws of the Dragon maw that can stretch 12-18 feet (3.6-5.5 m). The tip of the tongue ends in a large ball of muscle with tiny barb tips, that can grip most any surface like that of a toad, or it can wrap itself around objects like a whip. The tongue can actually support the host Armor’s full weight and can be used to snatch weapons, coins, tools or items out of an unsuspecting adversary’s hands, as well as steal items, climb & swing (though it looks disgusting), turn knobs and press buttons with quick strike reflexes. The tongue is exceptionally strong and can pull weight equal to the Host Armor’s normal burden limits toward it with minimum effort. The tongue does not impeded the HA’s ability to talk and looks surprisingly normal until it is unleashed.

H.) Bone Armored Dagger spines align down the center of the spine and tail of the Dragon Host Armor with smaller rows going down each side. These natural resin like bone spines can be pulled out and thrown like daggers (up to 3 at one time) up to an effective distance of 80 feet (24.4m). Each blade extracted re-grows within 28-48 hours. The blades themselves, once pulled out, can be saved and utilized as conventional knives after being plucked from the armor or victim(s). The blades rise up when the Dragon Host Armor is threatened or angered.

I.) Dragon features (Fangs, claws, tail, wings)
I1 The Dragon’s Maw is equipped with powerful metal rending jaws and armor piecing bone-crushing teeth that can shred enemies into pieces. With The dragon’s large zygomatic arches & sagital crest cavities so large, they are packed with enormous musculature that enable the Dragon Host Armors to deliver one of the most devastating Host Armor bite forces among the Resistance. It is one of the reasons why these “RARE” Dragon Host Armors are one of the most revered and feared HAs in the Resistance.
I2 The Dragon’s Talons are retractable and make good use as powerful meat hooks tearing & slashing into Machines & rival Splicers with the tenacity of their namesake.
I3 The Dragon’s Tail is a large, powerful & muscular flexible 10-foot tail that can lash out to strike adversaries like an armored whip.
I4 The Dragon Wings allow the Host Armor avian like flight capabilities (100 mph (160 km) - potentially 240 mph (384 km) maximum speed) & VTOL capabilities.

J.) Also part of Miko’s Dragon Host Armor arsenal though not shown here, only on the original illustration as a gift of authenticity, is a Bio-Macachuitl battle sword that the Dragon Host Armor wields to bash and butcher machines & rival Splicers that rise up to challenge Miko & the Great House of Warsaw.

Special Notes: The Dragon Host Armor loves to hunt, stalk, predate and be active and despises being penned up with noting to do and Miko may sometimes exhibit an aggressive tendency, as is the nature of the two Dragons.

"IF" SPLICERS were to invade RIFTS Earth, this would be a Glitter-boy Hunter for sure!!!!

Heh ...heh... That Biotic is one of the good ole guys! He only has just a few screws loose, but hey he is a barrel of laughs once you get to know him.

Thanks, Wait till you see the Gorehounds brewing in the upcoming Splicers sourcebooks. The Gene-Pool Kennels and Bio-Armory won't be the same.

Page 82-83 - OMG, nuke it from orbit

HUH!!!! You could do that?!!! You could actually Nuke it from orbit or pull the trigger with a cute face like that?!!!!! Nevermind that its re-assembling one of the deadly machines or mecha zombies you just destroyed or some other machination of doom, that cute lil baby face is just smiling at you and playing an giggling. If you shoot at it, you might make it cry. It might even be one of the toddlers that belongs to your Great House. Perhaps is not too late and it can be rescued?!!! How could you do that?!!!!! :eek:
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

pg 7 want known stats for this guy so cool

10 and 11 pg love it

12 and 13 pg please want tells back story and stats on them

18 pg Would love see all done but still great

20 and 21 pg it just rocks

25 pg is bad ass archangel

27- 26 pg Love it

35 pg love werebeast

75pg Is sick in good way

Splicer weapons are sick as hell
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Loved the material for 'The Machine' especially the kill-droid / necro-borg with the flesh face streached over it's head unit;
VERY 'Saturn 5' / 'Hellraiser' Cenobite.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

Premier (Chuck Walton, I presume?);

I'd been meaning to ask you think since seeing the artwork for the Gunwolf on your DeviantArt page: I put up a drawing quite a few years ago on my long-dusty Elfwood page that reminded me one heck of a lot of the Gunwolf pic you did, although mine was considerably less technically proficient. I suspect it was parallel evolution (who doesn't love a gigantic mech that looks like a wolf chummer? ^_^) but I wanted to ask- was any of the design for your Gunwolves inspired by the aforementioned picture, linked here? ---> http://www.slayton2.elfwood.com/u/twopaw/image/b1b19770-26a6-11e4-b9ba-0dd894bff157/wolfmech-to-the-bare-bones-2003

Post me back if and when you take a look, please? ^_^ If there was any scrap of inspiration there, I'd be honoured to know a picture I like as much as the Gunwolves arose in some small way from a pic I drew. All hail parallel evolution, in any case!

-Boe.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Just got the book in my grab bag. Awesome as always Chuck :ok: . Eager to see another art book of your work, perhaps one
that will include oh I don't know some sea serpents turned into sailing vessels :ok:
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Just received my christmas bundle yesterday, i got everything i asked for, including 'Future Visions - The Artistry of Charles Walton II'

I sat down and thumbed through it, WOW!!!!...absolutely awesome art :D
The Dragon Has Spoken

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”