Palladium, now that everyone at PB has seen RRPGT...

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Palladium, now that everyone at PB has seen RRPGT...

Unread post by bielmic »

maybe you can find it in your heart to show your box's contents to the 5,000+ people who paid for it. I won't be going to gencon so I won't be seeing the game outside of official updates or ebay scalper auctions till I receive the first wave of the sculpts likely some weeks later after the folks who didn't pledge over a year earlier get their's. Considering that you posted both on the KS and the weekly update:

I have been showing around the ONE box of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ we have received from China and everyone goes wild over it.

I'd appreciate it if you could find someone in your local area with a digital camera (they come on cell phones standard now btw) to take some pictures of this set to post in an update. You've had the pieces for over a week so I'm a bit dismayed that you have ignored showing it to the 5,000+ people most interested in seeing it. I know Palladium has a hard time estimating project difficulty (see this kickstarter, both the NG crowdfunded projects, and even PB's view of how difficult it was to set up a facebook account for DEFINITIVE PROOF of this) but I can guarantee that you can indeed take pictures and post them to an update in less than 10 minutes total. I really hope you find time to do this for the folks that made this project possible. If you can't, perhaps one of the freelancers could help out with this when they stop by weekly to say how much they love it. Maybe Chuck Walton can quickly sketch the contents and post it here on the forums as a last resort. Any of those would be preferable to the complete absence of previews on the box you've had now for a week showing it around to everyone but the backers who paid for it.

Warning: User warned for trolling & baiting another forum entity/user. -NMI
Last edited by bielmic on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Kendachi
Wanderer

Re: Palladium, now that the mailman has seen RRPGT...

Unread post by Kendachi »

If what you were talking about wasn't so sad, I'd be laughing at the jokes.

As my thread in the RRT forum will prove, I am one hundred percent behind this.

Start showing the BACKERS the game and the rules. We paid for it, after all.
"If a question is not asked, then how can it be ignored?" - NMI

“No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that." - Wayne
Forar
Hero

Re: Palladium, now that the mailman has seen RRPGT...

Unread post by Forar »

An 'unboxing video', and a full pdf of the rules (which, let's face it, is going to hit the net about 10 minutes after sales open up) would at least give us something a bit more tangible to discuss. After a year and a half of speculation, some people are about to finally see RRT 'in the wild', so why not give the backers a first glimpse of what is to come?
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Palladium, now that everyone at PB has seen RRPGT...

Unread post by bielmic »

There is plenty to discuss as palladium gives us a regularly scheduled seasonal infusions of drama. The problem is that the tone of the discussion isn't positive. Fortunately for Palladium, they're the only ones who can change that. Unfortunately for pledgers, they've decided not to repeatedly. Sitting on the prototype set without posting unboxing pics (let's not go hog wild with expecting them to post moving pictures with audio... baby steps, Forar!) is the just the latest and follows quickly on the heels of breaking their often repeated promise to backers sandwiched in with another delay from the previous "the Maybe May, definitely June, always July like we said" date to August/September for most US backers (and infinity and beyond for internatonal backers...dunno... because they've chosen not to make any comments/promises on that).
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Kendachi
Wanderer

Re: Palladium, now that everyone at PB has seen RRPGT...

Unread post by Kendachi »

What happened to the title?

"Palladium, now that the mailman has seen RRPGT..."

"Palladium, now that everyone at PB has seen RRPGT..."

Warning: User warned for trolling and baiting another forum entity/user. - NMI
"If a question is not asked, then how can it be ignored?" - NMI

“No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that." - Wayne

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”