Signed and Numbered Megaverse in Flames Hardcover

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Signed and Numbered Megaverse in Flames Hardcover

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Kevin mentioned in his murmur yesterday that there was going to be a signed and numbered Megaverse in Flames Hardcover edition. That is awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on that book. I will be ordering it as soon as it is available.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Signed and Numbered Megaverse in Flames Hardcover

Unread post by Jorel »

I plan on never ordering another on of those. Palladium is running their company into the dirt without care for their customers. All these limited hardcover books just scream of money grabbing to me. Now you are gonna have one book out of a 6? book series that is hardcover and the rest aren't. That seams like a bad move to me.

Warning: User warned and due to # of warnings on record, temporarily banned. -NMI
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

I'd happily buy a signed and numbered Megaverse in Flames PDF edition but a Hardcover... Not so much.
I'd just end up cutting it to shreds in order to make a PDF anyway.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I think it is also a poor choice by them to not offer this and all future releases as pdfs.

"The Devil's among us!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Jorel wrote:I plan on never ordering another on of those. Palladium is running their company into the dirt without care for their customers. All these limited hardcover books just scream of money grabbing to me. Now you are gonna have one book out of a 6? book series that is hardcover and the rest aren't. That seams like a bad move to me.

Doing it like this where its not treated like a kick starter just as hey we have a limited edition for people who like and want such things seems better to me than the NG1/NG2. Also announcing it after the product is already at the printers seems a better move as well. Some people really like collectors edition type stuff so if that subset of players wants it and is willing to pay for it why not kick out a limited number of them.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

kaid wrote:
Jorel wrote:I plan on never ordering another on of those. Palladium is running their company into the dirt without care for their customers. All these limited hardcover books just scream of money grabbing to me. Now you are gonna have one book out of a 6? book series that is hardcover and the rest aren't. That seams like a bad move to me.

Doing it like this where its not treated like a kick starter just as hey we have a limited edition for people who like and want such things seems better to me than the NG1/NG2. Also announcing it after the product is already at the printers seems a better move as well. Some people really like collectors edition type stuff so if that subset of players wants it and is willing to pay for it why not kick out a limited number of them.

Their recent actions and general policies have made one less of those customers out of me.
Last edited by Jorel on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The Devil's among us!
BuzzardB
Explorer

Unread post by BuzzardB »

Not sure if I am looking forward to this or not, haven't kept up with any of the demon stuff. I was mostly interested in the Calgary Rift information.

Not sure when Ill even be able to GET the book either, local suppliers still haven't been able to acquire me a Northern Gun 2.
The Galactus Kid

kaid wrote:

I will continue to get the limited edition books because I am kind of a completionist.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

BuzzardB wrote:Not sure if I am looking forward to this or not, haven't kept up with any of the demon stuff. I was mostly interested in the Calgary Rift information.

Not sure when Ill even be able to GET the book either, local suppliers still haven't been able to acquire me a Northern Gun 2.

The hades and dyvall books were great just as overall dimension books even if not part of a series. The dimensional outbreak book I really really enjoyed for the phase world setting. I think the main book I was not really blown away by was the heroes unlimited one but even that has some good game master ideas and some nice demonic/angelic flavored hero options which are pretty popular in super hero settings. So overall the minion war series has had overall 3 really good books and one good book so I would rate it pretty well.
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

Congrats to Palladium for getting this out. Is this the last book of the Minion Wars?

Does anyone have any idea if this book would be worth it to those who haven't kept up with this series? As in, is it worth it to just pick up alone?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I would imagine the megaverse in flames should be a good compendium even for those who have not grabbed the other. Demons and devils are pretty common to find in various Rifts books and conversion books. Unless you plan to go to dyvaal or hades those books while really nice are by no means necessary. The phase world book is great but if you are not playing phase world its not something thats needed and same with the heroes unlimited one.

In theory this should flesh out some of the Calgary info and demonic warfronts in the back hard of both the NG and the CS should make it a pretty good campaign book for most rifts players.
The Galactus Kid

Eashamahel wrote:Congrats to Palladium for getting this out. Is this the last book of the Minion Wars?

Does anyone have any idea if this book would be worth it to those who haven't kept up with this series? As in, is it worth it to just pick up alone?

I would at least pick up Hades and Dyval so you will have the updated details about the demons an deevils and their new equipment that they will bring to bear in the war.

Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

kaid wrote:I would imagine the megaverse in flames should be a good compendium even for those who have not grabbed the other.

Thanks, i was hoping this might be the case.

kaid wrote:Demons and devils are pretty common to find in various Rifts books and conversion books. Unless you plan to go to dyvaal or hades those books while really nice are by no means necessary. The phase world book is great but if you are not playing phase world its not something thats needed and same with the heroes unlimited one.

And again, thanks. I'm sure the stats are new and updated and they've got new magic and ect ect ect, but I've already got their info and stats in other books and travelling to their dimensions doesn't seem like it would be half as common as wanting to know what they are up to on Earth. I don't play HU and don't own any of the Phaseworld books (though they were good and I did like them back in the day) so those are pretty much a non-issue to me.

kaid wrote:In theory this should flesh out some of the Calgary info and demonic warfronts in the back hard of both the NG and the CS should make it a pretty good campaign book for most rifts players.

This is what I was really hoping for, the information specific to RIFTS earth.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Actually the demon stats for the most part are the same. Some of the books have some new blood magic but overall the demons/devils base stats are what you see in dark conversions. There are a few extra demon/devil types added in and some weaponry/armor for them but for the most part they are just nice one stop shopping for the info for the two infernal factions but not drastically changed.
The Galactus Kid

Ordered my copy today.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”