Palladium Fantasy

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Palladium Fantasy

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Me too! :?

TBH it sounds like you already know the situation...

The Rifts Dimension books: Hades and Dyval are incredible useful books for PFRPG if youve got the others.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I hear you, Palladium Fantasy was the first game I ran back in '89, I love it too.

Jugger99 wrote:...Magic book they have been setting on for 9 years... 9 years???

Uhmm.. Mysteries of Magic book 1 came out about 5 years ago..

The official Palladium Fantasy 2E Paper miniatures are due to hit DrivethruRPG.com very soon, Possibly as early as next week.

There are I believe at least 2 manuscripts submitted for Palladium Fantasy, and I'm working on a revision of The Tombs of Gersidi.

Quite a bit of Fantasy material has been printed in the Rifter over the past several years as well, some of it official (like the article on Timiro a couple of issues back). Check the Rifter forum for the index thread stickied at the top.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

MADMANMIKE wrote:I hear you, Palladium Fantasy was the first game I ran back in '89, I love it too.

Jugger99 wrote:...Magic book they have been setting on for 9 years... 9 years???

Uhmm.. Mysteries of Magic book 1 came out about 5 years ago..

The official Palladium Fantasy 2E Paper miniatures are due to hit DrivethruRPG.com very soon, Possibly as early as next week.

There are I believe at least 2 manuscripts submitted for Palladium Fantasy, and I'm working on a revision of The Tombs of Gersidi.

Quite a bit of Fantasy material has been printed in the Rifter over the past several years as well, some of it official (like the article on Timiro a couple of issues back). Check the Rifter forum for the index thread stickied at the top.

One of the best reason to subscribe to Rifter magazine. Just because someone wrote something for the Riffer doesn't mean
its not cannon material nor will you see that writer with his own book some day. At least one can hope :D .
Marcus
Explorer

Unread post by Marcus »

Jugger99 wrote:Hello all. I am new to this and hope some of you can help an old gamer. What happened to the PFRPG line? With the Rifts tide and the soon to be Palladium miniature robotech assembly warehouse about to take root I fear other product lines will be pushed further out to pasture. I would love to see a new PF book, maybe a monsters book or even that Magic book they have been setting on for 9 years... 9 years??? I am a core fan at heart (25+) years and PFRPG has been the place I have hung my hat. Holding my breath for something, anything fantasy related to be released.

Please, don't hold your breath. PB can't afford that kind of PR right now. ;)
Dear optimists, pessimists, and realists,
While you were all arguing over the glass of water, I just drank it.

Sincerely,
an opportunist.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Jugger99 wrote:Hello all. I am new to this and hope some of you can help an old gamer. What happened to the PFRPG line? With the Rifts tide and the soon to be Palladium miniature robotech assembly warehouse about to take root I fear other product lines will be pushed further out to pasture. I would love to see a new PF book, maybe a monsters book or even that Magic book they have been setting on for 9 years... 9 years??? I am a core fan at heart (25+) years and PFRPG has been the place I have hung my hat. Holding my breath for something, anything fantasy related to be released.

First of all, welcome to the boards.
After talking to Kevin, I really truly believe we will see a Fantasy book in 2015. Just my opinion.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Sorry, I didn't welcome you to the boards, so Welcome!

Jugger99 wrote:Thanks for the friendly welcome and it's good to know there are others out there that enjoy a bit of sword and sorcery, instead of the average rifts power gamer. Sorry about the 9 year thing. Seems like 10.

I totally get where you're coming from. If I didn't collect every Palladium product and find value in all the Palladium Fantasy Rifter articles, I would probably feel the same.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

LotD 2 was 2002 so theres been one small, weak book released in the last 12 years. Definitely time for another! - although I am no where near running out of ideas for campaigns with the quality of books already available and none of the feel dated.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

I've been away from the boards for quite some time. I play 3 different lines (HU, Rifts and PFRPG) with PFRPG consuming about 90% of play time. I have given up hope seeing a new PFRPG title before I hit 50 and I'm 42 now. I realize that Kevin and his staff have to support several lines and are ultimately handicapped by the almighty dollar. They have to roll out titles that will sell in order to continue producing more titles, but a PFPRG title would sell and sell well because so bleeping many of us addicts want a new title so badly.

I honestly don't care what the new title (when and IF if ever comes out) might be, I'd buy it simply because it is NEW CONTENT!!!!!
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

I happy to announce the Palladium Fantasy line is very much alive and well. All it took was
patience, a lot of hard work, buying a state of the art lap top, and a passion for Palladium
Books, it's fans, the PF line (and respecting all previous writers) and LISTENING to the advice of
the main man himself. I hope this book will be enjoyed by all. I promise you you've not seen
the last of me working on PF.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

I'll believe it when it's actually back from the printer. I've no faith left in Kevin actually getting anything (and I do mean ANYTHING) done, let alone on the hilarious time schedules he puts out.

Not to mention if the final draft will actually resemble what was originally written.
Reagren Wright

Goliath Strongarm wrote:I'll believe it when it's actually back from the printer. I've no faith left in Kevin actually getting anything (and I do mean ANYTHING) done, let alone on the hilarious time schedules he puts out.

Not to mention if the final draft will actually resemble what was originally written.

I can tell you from my previous experience that the official material I wrote for Timiro that 90% of it was as it was originally
written and the editions Kevin made actually IMPROVED on the material. Just from what I seen so far I'm anxious to see what
will stay, what will be left out, and what will be improved upon. I fully trust Matt and Kevin to keep the spirit of Bizantium intact
and regardless what they do to the manuscript I'll be happy with it and I know fans (players, G.Ms., and just readers/collectors)
will be thrilled.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Seeing the palladium RPG starting to get looked at again is a good sign of the improving health of palladium. For a while they have just been in survival mode and when in that mode they stuck with mostly rifts books as those have always been the biggest money maker for them. Now that the backlog of those is done and the robotech tactics is now in packaging/shipping mode they may be in a good enough place to give some loving to some of the neglected lines.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Yeah this is awesome news - congrats Reagren :ok:
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
zyanitevp
Champion

Cannot wait to get an official Palladium Fantasy release!! Now to beat Kevin down into agreeing that the Dark Elf written Champions of Palladium book should be next! My players are having a lot of fun participating in the Lopanic Games!!
My Twitter
Image Image
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Reagren Wright wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:I'll believe it when it's actually back from the printer. I've no faith left in Kevin actually getting anything (and I do mean ANYTHING) done, let alone on the hilarious time schedules he puts out.

I can tell you from my previous experience that the official material I wrote for Timiro that 90% of it was as it was originally
written and the editions Kevin made actually IMPROVED on the material. Just from what I seen so far I'm anxious to see what
will stay, what will be left out, and what will be improved upon. I fully trust Matt and Kevin to keep the spirit of Bizantium intact
and regardless what they do to the manuscript I'll be happy with it and I know fans (players, G.Ms., and just readers/collectors)
will be thrilled.

This is a great attitude to have.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

Now cheating just a little....but I looked at where the current book is being worked on......and I think it should be done and out pretty soon.
Reagren Wright

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:

will be thrilled.

This is a great attitude to have.

The more who do the happier the general attitude will be here on the boards :D .
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

zyanitevp wrote:Cannot wait to get an official Palladium Fantasy release!! Now to beat Kevin down into agreeing that the Dark Elf written Champions of Palladium book should be next! My players are having a lot of fun participating in the Lopanic Games!!

heh, i can understand the enthusiasm for your line, but much as it pains me to put a line i'm not interested in first, Beyond the Supernatural fans are still waiting on 2 books that are completely core to the setting iirc =S

i'd *love* to see the lines i'm most interested in supported first, but in terms of who most desperately needs it... i gotta say the BtS folks win that competition =S
Reagren Wright

Shark_Force wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:Cannot wait to get an official Palladium Fantasy release!! Now to beat Kevin down into agreeing that the Dark Elf written Champions of Palladium book should be next! My players are having a lot of fun participating in the Lopanic Games!!

heh, i can understand the enthusiasm for your line, but much as it pains me to put a line i'm not interested in first, Beyond the Supernatural fans are still waiting on 2 books that are completely core to the setting iirc =S

i'd *love* to see the lines i'm most interested in supported first, but in terms of who most desperately needs it... i gotta say the BtS folks win that competition =S

Definitely feel for you. BtS is a great line and unfortunately the only person (writer) with any know how of the series direction would be Kevin.
The Galactus Kid

I'm also looking forward to this book hitting the shelves too.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Great attitude and very much looking forward to this book. Next: (please) Dark Elf's Lopanic Games and the BtS books. If there is one fantasy book, this is cause and confirmation for all sorts of hope. :-) Rock on!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Galactus Kid

I agree, Hendrik.

zyanitevp
Champion

Hendrik wrote:Great attitude and very much looking forward to this book. Next: (please) Dark Elf's Lopanic Games and the BtS books. If there is one fantasy book, this is cause and confirmation for all sorts of hope. :-) Rock on!

Seconded on all points!
My Twitter
Image Image
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

for clarity, i'm not a core BtS fan. i just sympathize with them.

the setting i personally am most excited about is splicers, actually, with supposedly half a dozen books slated to come out in the next year or so (more realistically, i expect maybe one book every 2-3 years, if we're lucky. but i also anticipate tons of support in the rifters, i think we probably have some of the most productive fans per capita out of any of the settings when it comes to writing and submitting to the rifter). and while it's not exactly a fully detailed setting, we do at least have our complete set of core rules.

BtS on the other hand... well, *7 years* after announcing second edition, they got their first core book, with the promise of two necessary supplements (rules for magic, and a bestiary) to come shortly afterwards. that was january 2005 when the first book came out. they've been waiting nine and a half years so that they can actually have some supernatural stuff to investigate.

so it's not so much a matter of "i really love BtS". it's more a matter of acknowledging that as much as i might *like* something from other settings, in terms of "who needs it more", i got nothing on them.
Reagren Wright

The Pre-Cover is awesome. The Iceborn and their dead sea serpent ship.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”