Stories from Your Local Mercenary

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Stories from Your Local Mercenary

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Hey, just drudging up some love for the stories I've written. I know some if you have checked then out, and I'm grateful, but I'm thinking of starting a blog and reposting everything there, as well as posting the future ones there too.

Just want to see how much interest there is. If you haven't read them, they're in order of reading in my signature.

Thanks.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Stories from Your Local Mercenary

Unread post by say652 »

I am chomping at the bit for operation windfall 2.
Now about that Alric/PowerSurge team up........
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

As always, thanks for the vote of confidence, sir. I got distracted over the weekend and wasn't able to work on it, but I should have time coming up. :ok:
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

My game summaries are terrible, my writing pfft while a good GM actually writing my ideas is like a monkey attempting to mate a football. Lol.

I definately like your writing style, it reads well carries the plot and us exciting. From a first person perspective. Often hard to do.
The Ruiner
Explorer
Comment: I am a perfectionist who is good at nothing. You can imagine my frustration.

Unread post by The Ruiner »

I definitely enjoy reading about Alrik's exploits, and am also looking forward to Windfall 2. I have even given your writing as a required reading homework assignment for my players. Most of them are quite new to RP'ing, and I wanted them to get a good idea of the life of a Merc. Keep 'em coming! :ok:
"There's only room in here for One, and I've decided it's not you."

"Open your eyes, I'm gonna horrify you into a comma!"--Master Shake
Alrik Vas
Knight

Whoa. That's a hell of a lot more than I expected. Thanks, Ruiner. /salute

Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Alrik Vas wrote:Hey, just drudging up some love for the stories I've written. I know some if you have checked then out, and I'm grateful, but I'm thinking of starting a blog and reposting everything there, as well as posting the future ones there too.

Just want to see how much interest there is. If you haven't read them, they're in order of reading in my signature.

Thanks.

You already know that I've been a fan since day one, keep them coming! :ok:
Alrik Vas
Knight

Got some more feedback on a few from some fellow writers. the trick right now is editing/redrafting...because I don't want to lose the rough and gritty feel by giving the stories too much polish, but there are some things that could use clarification, particularly in OP Human Devil, where the triple-cross happens. I knew what i was trying to say, but some people haven't seen it as clearly.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Hey slag, guess who's back from the dead??
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I enjoy your stories Alrik. I would read more, reading is fundamental after all. :bandit:
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Where are the tales if awesomeness ans
ass kicking? ?
Alrik Vas
Knight

working on it right now, meat-castle.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”