PayPal

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rmckee78
D-Bee

PayPal

Unread post by rmckee78 »

Is there no way to use PayPal in the store? I only see credit cards listed in the payment options.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: PayPal

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Unfortunately palladium does not have a paypal payment option set up.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Come to think of it, is there any particular reason for that I wonder? Seems like a good thing to have these days.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Likely they just never thought they needed it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Marcus
Explorer

Unread post by Marcus »

PayPal is too new and won't last... ;-)
Dear optimists, pessimists, and realists,
While you were all arguing over the glass of water, I just drank it.

Sincerely,
an opportunist.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

:lol:

Paypal is popular, and I for one like it quite a bit. If it was added to the store I would likely use it. When going to a new on-line store that I'm not familiar with, it is a turn off for me now if they don't take paypal. :bandit:
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that PB is behind the times in terms of tech. They had to be pushed to setup a Facebook page because they thought it would take them weeks. They may get paypal by 2020 when people have moved on to another payment option.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Perhaps, but not all tech, as I was surprised to find out. They were able to charge my credit card with an attachment to one of their smart phones at the Detroit Fanfare. I thought that was fairly modern of them. :bandit:
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Jerell wrote:Come to think of it, is there any particular reason for that I wonder? Seems like a good thing to have these days.

Paypal has a process where you get your money back (assuming that the funds are still in the account obviously) if you don't get your product (as determined by delivery confirmation/tracking) in 45 days IIRC. If you get too many refunds, they freeze your account and even if it is reinstated you can't withdraw the money till that above time period passes. I think if you take a look at the 2013 catalog (much of which is available for preorder), you'll see that Palladium would have their account frozen probably within 2 months if they offered it due to the ubiquitous backsliding delivery date delays.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

very good point
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

bielmic wrote:
Jerell wrote:Come to think of it, is there any particular reason for that I wonder? Seems like a good thing to have these days.

Paypal has a process where you get your money back (assuming that the funds are still in the account obviously) if you don't get your product (as determined by delivery confirmation/tracking) in 45 days IIRC. If you get too many refunds, they freeze your account and even if it is reinstated you can't withdraw the money till that above time period passes. I think if you take a look at the 2013 catalog (much of which is available for preorder), you'll see that Palladium would have their account frozen probably within 2 months if they offered it due to the ubiquitous backsliding delivery date delays.

That could be as simple as not accepting paypal as payment on preorders

Steve Carroll
D-Bee

Unread post by Steve Carroll »

A couple of smaller companies have refused to use PayPal because of the expense. Apparently they are not the cheapest for businesses to use. I know they always screw me in the exchange department. I do believe that quite a while ago Kevin mentioned that PayPal might be too expensive for them. Especially considering the low cost of the books we get.
One of the Creative Minds behind the Blocker Combat Robot!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”