Where are you from? Ontario? The GTA? Elsewhere?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Where are you from? Ontario? The GTA? Elsewhere?

Unread post by 13eowulf »

So over on the Postmortem of Phantasm Gamer's Equinox thread it was noted, twice, that there seemed to be a sizable number of people from Ontario here on the forums. I was wondering just how many of us there are (who are willing to share). But also where other concentrations of players may reside. Are we spread out all over, or all in groupings of some sort, without even knowing it?

Note: This is not in the 'Gamers looking for Games' thread as I am not looking for a game, just curious about how many are from Ontario, as well as other places.

I didnt do a poll because the poll options max out at 50, and that isnt nearly enough.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Eashamahel
Hero

Re: Where are you from? Ontario? The GTA? Elsewhere?

Unread post by Eashamahel »

I'm in Scarborough right now, in the GTA.
jreece06
Wanderer

Unread post by jreece06 »

I'm in the GTA, down in The Beaches.
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Montevideo, Uruguay, South America.

Thanks to the Internet, I work for NG!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Bowmanville ON.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Peterborough
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Near Ontario...Calif.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Across the city line south of Palladium HQ.
Steve Carroll
D-Bee

Unread post by Steve Carroll »

London Ontario
One of the Creative Minds behind the Blocker Combat Robot!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Northwood, North Dakota.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Steve Carroll wrote:London Ontario

Hey if we actually get our RRT stuff by July you should come to Phantasm here in September :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Toronto proper (re; CORE Toronto) just offa the Danforth/Bloor line east of Younge.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

At the moment, Oshawa Ontario

I mentioned in the same thread the the OP referenced that it might be worth while for us to plan out an Unofficial Open House of our own, not everyone can travel to the States and it most cases you wouldn't have to travel as far. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Razzinold on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

I live about a half-hour east of London, ON.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

*waves to dhak from lakeshore and leslie*

:D

\m/
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Cleveland Ohio area
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Louisville KY.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Razzinold wrote:At the moment, Oshawa Ontario

I mentioned in the same thread the the OP referenced that it might be worth while for us to plan out an Unofficial Open House of our own, not everyone can travel to the States and it most cases you wouldn't have to travel as far. :mrgreen:

An excellent idea, let's see how interested others are: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142986
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Razzinold
Hero

13eowulf wrote:
Razzinold wrote:At the moment, Oshawa Ontario

An excellent idea, let's see how interested others are: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142986

Thank you sir! I went an voted.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Borden.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

Glad you guys all found each other
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

calto40k wrote:Glad you guys all found each other

To quote my favorite mollusk from Babylon 5: "I have always been here..." :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

DhAkael wrote:

Hey there! This cub's just off of Broadview, east of Yonge Street and a touch south of Danforth; east side of the Don Valley (Prince Edward Viaduct is all of 10 minutes from me) in Toronto...are you a local I might know? o_o I hadn't any idea there were any, let alone many Palladium players nearby.

Cheers, thus! Falling in, as a loyal Citizen Soldier is wont to do: Toronto, Ontario, general Riverdale neighbourhood.

-Boe.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Boethermsbrukan wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Hey there! This cub's just off of Broadview, east of Yonge Street and a touch south of Danforth; east side of the Don Valley (Prince Edward Viaduct is all of 10 minutes from me) in Toronto...are you a local I might know? o_o I hadn't any idea there were any, let alone many Palladium players nearby.

Cheers, thus! Falling in, as a loyal Citizen Soldier is wont to do: Toronto, Ontario, general Riverdale neighbourhood.

-Boe.

Greenwood Ave. Across from the TTC train-yards. :D

Lemme guess, having trouble finding fellow PBooks players in the GTA as much as the rest of us?
USED to have an IRL crew that numbered nearly 8 players regular (with rotating occasional players numbering into double digits). They either moved out WAY west (Alberta) or got old, fat and/or borring ("RPG's R 4 kidz").

So last...uhhhhmmm... 7 years? (... don't judge me, I've gotten old...) I've been doing on-line continuation of my campaign [Continuous meta plot started in first year of 1st edition Rifts] first in the PB-chat rooms, then migrated to Roll20.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Boethermsbrukan
Explorer

DhAkael wrote:Greenwood Ave. Across from the TTC train-yards. :D

Woot! This pup went to Danforth Tech for his five years of secondary-school insanity, which is probably as close to the Greenwood Yards as I've regularly come to. On ground level, anyway; it was every school day for five years beneath part of the maintenance sheds. Subway tunnel! Used to love listening to the Westbound trains added via the transfer siding just outside of the station on the way home, when I could resist the temptation for a Slurpee and choklit bars. ^_^ 7-Eleven!

DhAkael wrote:Lemme guess, having trouble finding fellow PBooks players in the GTA as much as the rest of us?

Empress Hunting, yes. o_o I miss the Worldhouse and the Queen St. Grey Region terribly. BTW, being around the Greenwood area, were you ever a regular at the Shining Knight up by the station proper on the south corner of the street going north from Danforth leading to the main exits? Rob and Chris are old friends, and I bought many a Palladium Book (amongst varied ossum books) there over several years, up until a couple of years into Rob changing the name to Comics & More (it's still across the corner from the old SK location, as I saw it in a Toronto Star photo a few weeks back) and eventually Rob & Chris selling the store. I haven't been there in a very long time, but it's heartening to know the store survives.

There really isn't a lot of core-interest gaming in the local comic stores now; Rob was phasing out the gaming stuff around 1999, Worldhouse and both GR's are gone, and Silver Snail on Queen (now in a new location for the last few years) phased out the bulk of their gaming supplies over the last ten years. There is (or was) Neutral Zone up on St. Clair at Victoria Park, and I know there's at least two Hairy Tarantulas now (one out by the Junction, the first one on Yonge, and aiyah! Make that three; there's one up near Steeles). There's a comic store within close range to me now; it's along Pape several blocks south of Danforth, but I've never been there (my nephew loves going to it when he's visiting me and my Dam).

DhAkael wrote:'USED to have an IRL crew that numbered nearly 8 players regular (with rotating occasional players numbering into double digits). They either moved out WAY west (Alberta) or got old, fat and/or borring ("RPG's R 4 kidz").

You were fortunate in having a regular gaming group; I've never in my 20 years of infrequent gaming had a group that lasted more than two or three sessions. Most of the gaming I've done (and pretty much all of my Rifts and Palladium Fantasy) was at a handful of Ad Astras and Toronto Treks (it's called Polaris now; I haven't been to a convention since 2006). I will admit it was a blast to meet Dave Sim (Cerebus) and Ramon Perez (woohoo!) at neighbouring tables at 2005's Ad Astra 25.

DhAkael wrote:So last...uhhhhmmm... 7 years? (... don't judge me, I've gotten old...) I've been doing on-line continuation of my campaign [Continuous meta plot started in first year of 1st edition Rifts] first in the PB-chat rooms, then migrated to Roll20.

<chuckle> You're younger than you think. This cub is four months past their 36th whelpday, so don't feel too old as yet. I still enjoy regaling the squirts who grew up with Magic: the Gathering and D&D 3.5 with the crusty, ancient stories of my own minimal exploits. ^_^

I appreciate you posting back about this, in any case; I'd been away for a while and it's great to meet a Palladium-playing chummer who's in close proximity!

-Boe.
jreece06
Wanderer

Unread post by jreece06 »

I'm just over at woodbine and kingston rd. Not far from either of you
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I grew up around scarborough until I was 11 (midland and st clair, eglington and kingston, eglington and mccowan, eglington and mason rd twice, midland and lawrence) but that was nearly 30 years ago.....

I am in various parts of the city every day for work now. Today, lakeshore and leslie....tomorrow too. Also markham and steeles area, eglington and leslie, finch and weston, caledonia and st clair, woodbine and 14th, and a few others i can recall offhand.

\m/
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Simcoe region here
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer

jreece06 wrote:I'm just over at woodbine and kingston rd. Not far from either of you

Evening!

Hey, you don't live far from the chummer who first got me into both gaming and Palladium RPGs (he's over by Victoria Park, at the end of the 502/503 Bingham loop where the Coxwell 8 and Kingston Rd. 12 turns around...very handy for going home late into the evening). Woodbine & Kingston; graveyard yay! ^_^ That was always fun if I managed to miss the last Woodbine South bus and walked up to Danforth.

jaymz wrote:I am in various parts of the city every day for work now. Today, lakeshore and leslie....tomorrow too. Also markham and steeles area, eglington and leslie, finch and weston, caledonia and st clair, woodbine and 14th, and a few others i can recall offhand.

I don't usually find myself down near the beginning of the (Leslie) Spit, but it's definitely a part of the city I'm fond of. There's a Canadian Tire/Home Depot down near there, but I'd only gone to it when my brother still had a working car. o_o It's all good, tho'.

Always a pleasure to cheer to more Toronto Regulars! ^_^

-Boe.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Boethermsbrukan wrote:
DhAkael wrote:So last...uhhhhmmm... 7 years? (... don't judge me, I've gotten old...) I've been doing on-line continuation of my campaign [Continuous meta plot started in first year of 1st edition Rifts] first in the PB-chat rooms, then migrated to Roll20.

<chuckle> You're younger than you think. This cub is four months past their 36th whelpday, so don't feel too old as yet. I still enjoy regaling the squirts who grew up with Magic: the Gathering and D&D 3.5 with the crusty, ancient stories of my own minimal exploits. ^_^

-Boe.

Halfway through my 40th year. :D
I'm going out like Gygax; D20 in one hand and a rules-lawyers' heart torn from their chest in my other hand. :demon: :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Ottawa these days. But Penetanguishene, originally.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

From Montreal, Quebec. Not many montrealers on here from what I can see.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

filo - Ah Penetang.....the suburb of Midland :D I kid. Nice area. :ok:

\m/
camk4evr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by camk4evr »

Richmond, BC
May contain peanuts
-warning I saw on a pack of Peanut Butter M&Ms
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Late to the party here, but Timmins Ontario.

Because most people don't know where that is, it's about 3-4 hours north of Sudbury (Iron Heart).
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Timmins......aka Ontario's French Quarter :D

\m/
Razzinold
Hero

Too bad I didn't know all about you T.O. gamers when I lived at the corner of Kennedy and Eglinton for 2 years.
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer

DhAkael wrote:Halfway through my 40th year. :D I'm going out like Gygax; D20 in one hand and a rules-lawyers' heart torn from their chest in my other hand. :demon: :ok:

Ha! We're older farts, and proud of it! ^_^ As for a rules' lawyer's heart...well, a good Eastern Range Policehuman will have to do for me. o_o Besides, those are actually edible! <g>

Either way, it's a blast to know that despite some isolation, we Ontario gamers have yet to give up the ghost! (The crappy irritable ghost, I mean. Some ghosts are lots of RPing fun! ^_^)

filo_clarke wrote:Ottawa these days. But Penetanguishene, originally.

Penetanguishene is one of the coolest placenames I can think of...it makes me think of a really swell fantasy city's name, and I know it's been part of my RL placename vocabulary for quite some time. As for Ottawa, have two chummers out that way I know in sci-fi fandom but don't know if either are Palladium gamers...to be honest, I've never asked them. Good chummers, tho'. And you're number three, hee!

Sureshot wrote:From Montreal, Quebec. Not many montrealers on here from what I can see.

My uncle and a considerable bit of his and my Dam's extended family live in Montreal; but no idea if any of them game at all. Besides, you folks have a Chessex outlet somewhere there, if my old Dragon Mag (tm) collection is on track. ^_^ I've been there a couple of times, both on family biz (one was my cousin's wedding a very long time ago).

Razzinoid wrote:Too bad I didn't know all about you T.O. gamers when I lived at the corner of Kennedy and Eglinton for 2 years.

I'm easy to spot at Kennedy Station! ^_^ I have a mismatched Nikon DSLR bag, and am waiting for the Scarborough 86A to the Zu. The Arctic Wolves are very patient subjects for photographs and drawings. Need to get out there again sometime soon. o_o

Cheers, mes braves!

-Boe.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Steve 38 years old. Born munchkin just got taller.
Currently New Ellenton south carolina.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Waterloo for now.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Raiden

Unread post by Raiden »

Edmonton, via Saskatoon.
Razzinold
Hero

Boethermsbrukan wrote:
Razzinoid wrote:Too bad I didn't know all about you T.O. gamers when I lived at the corner of Kennedy and Eglinton for 2 years.

I'm easy to spot at Kennedy Station! ^_^ I have a mismatched Nikon DSLR bag, and am waiting for the Scarborough 86A to the Zu. The Arctic Wolves are very patient subjects for photographs and drawings. Need to get out there again sometime soon. o_o

Cheers, mes braves!

-Boe.

Well unless you were standing there like 8 or 9 years ago, and were spotted by my wife who took transit to work because I drove the car, then I probably wouldn't have noticed you anyway :lol:

I suppose I could go back and time and give the info to my past self :mrgreen:
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Ah Kennedy station.....how thee hath took me to downtown many a time.....

\m/

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”