Postmortem of Phantasm Gamer's Equinox

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Postmortem of Phantasm Gamer's Equinox

Unread post by Jorel »

I think they went to Anime North because Kevin was a person of Honor their or something like that. I doubt they will go next year. Anything is possible, but I bet they focus on gaming conventions and likely stick to the US since they are hosting their own Con next year as well.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Razzinold wrote:
jaymz wrote:Yeah now if only all us Ontarians lived close enough together to play.....

You could always organize a Canadian version, not that you should exclude any other country, version of the Unofficial Palladium Open House.

I'm sure people would attend, it's not like some of us live that far apart.

I can understand not driving from Peterborough to Toronto, or vice versa, on a weekly or even monthly basis, but it's nothing to meet somewhere in the middle for a onetime weekend of gaming.

An excellent idea, so I started this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142986
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Jorel wrote:I think they went to Anime North because Kevin was a person of Honor their or something like that. I doubt they will go next year. Anything is possible, but I bet they focus on gaming conventions and likely stick to the US since they are hosting their own Con next year as well.

Whelp, they've already missed Adepticon, so that's off to a flying start.

>.>

Obviously Gencon is on the menu. I wonder if the DFF will get the nod again this year?
jreece06
Wanderer

Unread post by jreece06 »

I can't say its "why" they came, but Kevin was the Guest of Honour last year. I was glad I went and got to meet him :)
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

Damns! Didn't realize it was likely a one-off thing.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Not sayin I know it is. I'm guessing they will be selective about which ones they attend in 2015 as they are hosting one and likely hitting up the biggest ones to promote RRT.

"The Devil's among us!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Talked with Wayne at Anime North for a good 30 minutes. Safe to say Anime North was likely a one time thing. Mostly because they honoured Kevin with an award last year. Anime North is not a gaming convention really There is some going on but not much.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Makes sense.

If they're not available to hit Adepticon, it would've been weird to hit Anime North.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The only sad thing? Palladium was the only vendor to have Palladium product at a con in which Kevin was being honoured with an award.....even Harry Tarantula didn't bring Palladium product and they are the ONE store in all of Toronto that actually carries their product......
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

O.o

Man, at Fan Expo and Comic Con, there's a dude that sets up across from the celebrities with nothing but pictures of them from their various roles. That is weird. Surely someone might've impulse bought a book to get his signature on.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

He did sign the three i bought. He asked me if i wanted them signed. I hadn't even thought about it cuz honestly, I didn't care because I already bought them and would have anyway. It was nice that he did but yeah Palladium was the only vendor carrying their product. And I was purposefully trying to find their product in case their booth was out of what I wanted.
Last edited by jaymz on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

\m/
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

He is good about singing things. I can attest to that. Also He signs lots of stuff as well. Now that I think on it I'm not sure I've ever actually heard him sing.

"The Devil's among us!
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

jaymz wrote:The only sad thing? Palladium was the only vendor to have Palladium product at a con in which Kevin was being honoured with an award.....even Harry Tarantula didn't bring Palladium product and they are the ONE store in all of Toronto that actually carries their product......

That is odd. Did you check used book sellers and clearance bins? When I used to go to Gencon, you'd find lots of Palladium products there as there are so many ex-Palladium gamers compared with current ones (at least in my experience) combined with the rules never getting enough of an update to invalidate previous printings.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I was purposefully looking just in case I couldn't get what i wanted when I went to the Palladium kiosk. Nothing. But Anime North is far from a gaming convention. It is an anime convention (and manga) first and foremost.

\m/

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”