Feedback needed about 2015 Palladium Open House

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Feedback needed about 2015 Palladium Open House

Unread post by AlexM »

Kevin needs answers to the following questions:

QUESTION #1: Does the May 14-17, 2015 date and $109 price per double-bed room work for you guys and gals? PLEASE let us know as soon as possible. Sorry, this was the best date and hotel room rate we could get. We’ll start to list full details in a few weeks.

QUESTION #2: It has been so frustrating that I have considered cancelling the event. I mean it has been a couple years since we’ve done one. The Palladium Open House events have always been truly amazing and wonderful, but is the Open House something Palladium gamers are even still interested in coming to? We love welcoming you to the Palladium office and warehouse for a long weekend of non-stop Palladium gaming and presenting to you 30-50 Palladium creators. We have a blast, and past Open Houses have been nothing short of stellar, but is this something you even want to see happen? Please let us know. If you want it, we’ll do it. I guess, I just can’t tell and I’m in a funk about product being late.

So post your responses here, or you can cast your vote on the poll here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142825 (Appreciate it, Jorel.)

Alex Marciniszyn
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Re: Feedback needed about 2015 Palladium Open House

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Over a year to prepare and teh price is right on the hotel, in my opinion. :)
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Just tryin to facilitate the conversation. I know you guys are busy.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Alex M, have the previous Open Houses been profitable for Palladium? Have you tracked an uptick (or downturn) in post-Open House book sales? What attendance is possible (comfortably) at the warehouse?

I understand your frustration and as someone who has been involved in the marketing and management of many conventions, I completely understand the workload that goes into scheduling and creating something like the Open House. It's a huge effort. As I have mentioned before, I truly believe PB needs to leverage the talents and effort of local volunteers. It's a nightmare for you and your crew to be full time publishers and full time conventioneers. I imagine many members of this forum would be willing to do herculean tasks for some swag.

If the Open Houses are profitable, and if you can leverage volunteers, then the OH should be an annual event. It's actually easier to do an annual event because you can put procedures into place, develop stronger relationships with hotels and other vendors. Making it annual is easier too as it becomes part of people's yearly ritual (both for PB, volunteers and attendees) - kinda like Thanksgiving or ComicCon. Annual makes it easier to budget time and resources and you will have an idea of rough profit to expenses to be expected. That's the strength of PaizoCon for the Pathfinder RPG and even GaryCon for the OSR. Plus, they get lots of free online press from attendees in this age of cell phones and social media.

As for $109/night for the hotel, that sounds high for your area, but what amenities are included? Free hot breakfast? Free use of gaming rooms at night? Hot tub time machine? Does this hotel offer a AAA discount or Veteran's discount? Is it high end or brand new or super close to Palladium? Is that $109 for 2 beds and thus 4 occupants of the room?

Of course with hotels, you gotta balance the expectations vs. finances of potential attendees. We all want the Four Seasons for $50, but perhaps an email sent to all prior Open House attendees could let you know where the people most likely to attend actually stand on Quality vs. Price.

If you need help crunching data for local hotel comparisons, please shoot me an email. I am not local, but that is something I can do in a few hours of internet searches and some phone calls to the hotels. I would be happy to volunteer to help PB make the OH happen. I bet that we can even find a local volunteer to visit some of the hotels in person to also minimize your effort.

And as for all you attendees, let's aim for Wednesday night May 13th to be a forum meet & greet & gaming at the hotel. Nothing like turning a 4 day event into a 5 day event!!! :) Also for you hopeful attendees who wonder how you can afford the Open House, a few of us have written a bunch of tips on that in the Open House forum over the years.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

This would be my first open house that I could actually go to so I'm excited. The dates work perfectly for me as I had a conflict on May 3rd anyway. The price for a hotel room isn't a deal breaker for me.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

The new dates work fine for me and my family. We usually stay at my brother's house, who lives less than 20 minutes from the offices, so the hotel price is not an issue for us. But please, please, please don't cancel the Open House!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

I too would like to see an Open House happen. I've never been to one and have been waiting patiently for this one to come.

PLEASE DON'T CANCEL!
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

auyl wrote:I too would like to see an Open House happen. I've never been to one and have been waiting patiently for this one to come.

PLEASE DON'T CANCEL!

+1.

Dates are ok and the price of the hotel too (although my opinion in this particular topic is not too important because the Airplane ticket is my main expense $1500+, making the car and the hotel truly cheap).
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Spinachcat wrote:Alex M, have the previous Open Houses been profitable for Palladium? Have you tracked an uptick (or downturn) in post-Open House book sales? What attendance is possible (comfortably) at the warehouse?

I understand your frustration and as someone who has been involved in the marketing and management of many conventions, I completely understand the workload that goes into scheduling and creating something like the Open House. It's a huge effort. As I have mentioned before, I truly believe PB needs to leverage the talents and effort of local volunteers. It's a nightmare for you and your crew to be full time publishers and full time conventioneers. I imagine many members of this forum would be willing to do herculean tasks for some swag.

If the Open Houses are profitable, and if you can leverage volunteers, then the OH should be an annual event. It's actually easier to do an annual event because you can put procedures into place, develop stronger relationships with hotels and other vendors. Making it annual is easier too as it becomes part of people's yearly ritual (both for PB, volunteers and attendees) - kinda like Thanksgiving or ComicCon. Annual makes it easier to budget time and resources and you will have an idea of rough profit to expenses to be expected. That's the strength of PaizoCon for the Pathfinder RPG and even GaryCon for the OSR. Plus, they get lots of free online press from attendees in this age of cell phones and social media.

As for $109/night for the hotel, that sounds high for your area, but what amenities are included? Free hot breakfast? Free use of gaming rooms at night? Hot tub time machine? Does this hotel offer a AAA discount or Veteran's discount? Is it high end or brand new or super close to Palladium? Is that $109 for 2 beds and thus 4 occupants of the room?

Of course with hotels, you gotta balance the expectations vs. finances of potential attendees. We all want the Four Seasons for $50, but perhaps an email sent to all prior Open House attendees could let you know where the people most likely to attend actually stand on Quality vs. Price.

If you need help crunching data for local hotel comparisons, please shoot me an email. I am not local, but that is something I can do in a few hours of internet searches and some phone calls to the hotels. I would be happy to volunteer to help PB make the OH happen. I bet that we can even find a local volunteer to visit some of the hotels in person to also minimize your effort.

And as for all you attendees, let's aim for Wednesday night May 13th to be a forum meet & greet & gaming at the hotel. Nothing like turning a 4 day event into a 5 day event!!! :) Also for you hopeful attendees who wonder how you can afford the Open House, a few of us have written a bunch of tips on that in the Open House forum over the years.

Yes, if some of the local people can help out with prepping for the OH, they should try. If I lived nearby, I know I would try. And yes, keep doing them, and I will be there!
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Spinachcat wrote:And as for all you attendees, let's aim for Wednesday night May 13th to be a forum meet & greet & gaming at the hotel. Nothing like turning a 4 day event into a 5 day event!!! :) Also for you hopeful attendees who wonder how you can afford the Open House, a few of us have written a bunch of tips on that in the Open House forum over the years.

Actually I intend to arrive 48 hours before the OH! Airlines are not what they used to be and I don't want to be late!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Raiden

Unread post by Raiden »

With the negativity presented in the tone of the weekly update in regards to the Open House, I can move my choice from "Potentially Going" to "Not Going."

If it's so much of a bother getting it organized, then don't set it up, or at least don't complain about it. Because it drives people, like me, away.

According to the fans, and Kevin himself, each OH is pretty much 100% fantastic. Reading the boards, it's easy to see that there are quite a few people who would go to the one in 2015, so why question it?
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Think he is in a bit of the doldrums. Not sure if it is because of delayed release of books, or what is going on with the Robotech RPG Tactics, or what. I hope he gets out of it. I know there is a lot of pressure to see RRT succeed and a lot of money on the line right now. That in itself can be a stress and make it difficult to see the benefits of hosting an event like that. Personally I hope that the Open House 2015 happens. I plan on bringing the RRT game stuff I have there to play that game as well as play in the other RPG games.

"The Devil's among us!
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Don't you dare cancel the open house!

The dates are fine with me. Who knows what they're doing in fourteen month's time anyway? Just set the dates and we'll all make sure we keep that weekend free! The hotel isn't cheap for the quality of hotel you're getting, but as ffrancheschi said, the flights are the big expense for me, so the hotel is small beer in comparison! Besides, I'm glad it would be back in that hotel anyway, because it is the traditional POH hotel. It's close to Palladium, the conference rooms are ideal for out of hours gaming and the bar/restaurant over the way is pretty good.

You know the open houses are always a blast. Bloody well get on with it! You know you want to.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Aye, the good Sieur d'Od is right and - as per usual - has my sword, bow and axe on this. The Palladium Open House is simply the best event in gaming. I will move heaven and hell to be there.

AND go to a Tigers' game ;-)
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I voted on Jorel's poll (but didn't comment, as I am doing that here), but felt I'll post my thoughts here since this one was started by the PB Staff.

1a: Those dates work well for me. Actually, for me, the later the better. That gives me more time to save up, as well if I ever land a steady job to schedule vacation days.

1b: $109 does sound a little pricey in my opinion for the place I remember in 2010. When I did security I traveled and would expect a hotel of similar quality to be around $80 (maybe a little higher), and that's without a group rate. However, it's not so high that I'd object. If that's including fees for the two conference rooms and/or the rooms have been upgraded (I believe a previous murmur mentioned remodeling), it's more reasonable. Regardless, even if I do think the price is on the high side, it's not a deal breaker for me (though it may cause me to shop around for hotels that have a better deal instead of going with theirs by default). Note: In 2010 I know they had a free breakfast area (nothing super fancy, but still free). I don't know if tha'ts changed with new management or not. I mention this since it was asked earlier. Also, it's been a couple years since I've done security, so the economy may have caused hotel prices to go up in general since my experiences.

2: Yes, I'm still interested in going to the Palladium Open House. I'm very excited, and every time my fiance and I are discussing future finances I'm sure to bring it up. If it doesn't happen, well ... I'll be disappointed (like a little kid who didn't get that present for Christmas that he's been asking for all year long), but I'll understand and won't hold any ill will. But darn it, I really want that pony ... err, I mean, Palladium Open House.

Disclaimer: While I fully intend to show up (with my wife by that date), it's still a tentative commitment. That's still a year away and my financial situation could change (since I moved my employment status is constantly changing and making it hard to plan too far ahead). However my fiance knows this is important to me, so if it's possible to go we'll be there.

Farewell and safe journeys to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I also voted in the other poll, but I will be there- it is my 50th birthday present from the wife....
The hotel is pricey- we are paying only a few bucks more for a suite for our annual game in Vegas- but will be there no matter what, health provided....
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

New date is much better than the old one! Hurrah! Fix bayonets and let's do this! :bandit:
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

There has to be another Open House! I am really looking forward to hanging out with Jorel and Hendrik and Alpha 11 again. I'd also like to put faces with the names of Prysus and Spinachcat. Maybe even get some pictures this time around - the first POH I attended I was too awed to remember the camera, and the second I was too busy! Please, please, please don't let the dream die!!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Look forward to seein you there as well.

"The Devil's among us!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Involved Observer wrote:I'd also like to put faces with the names of Prysus ...

You mean ... you forgot me? :eek: I take back everything I ever said about how awesome your Rifts board game was. *Runs off crying.* :(

Greetings and Salutations. For the record, we did meet at the 2010 POH. You picked me up from the train station (may have given me a ride to the train station as well after, along with Mike Leonard and ... Lucas? ... but I can't recall for sure that was you who gave all three of us a ride back). You also asked me to participate in your Rifts board game (which I did), because one guy signed up but no one else. I agreed, but by the time the game had started (or at least ended) we had like 4 or 5 players who participated.

Your words have wounded me so much I must run away and leave the Palladium forums ... FOREVER!!! Now I'm off to write a big melodramatic post about how I'm done with the forums and I'll never return. So ... see everyone in a couple of days. :P Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Too funny. Hopefully you can have a laugh over his lack of memory and not hard feelings. Also unless you introduce yourself as your handle, Prysus, I could see people not realizing that was you. I kinda did the same when I accused you of being from Canadia.

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Aach!! I have committed the unpardonable (Internet) sin - I don't remember whom I met in real life!!! :eek: :badbad: :x I don't know if I should go into exile, be drawn and quartered, or commit seppuku - maybe all three...

In my defense, that was 4 years ago. And it was during an incredible weekend filled with much fun, hilarity, awe and sleep-deprivation. And I inherited the world's worst memory for names/faces ever from my father's side of the family. And, uh, and I'm stupid...

Ok, lets get something out on the table here and now --- everyone will most likely have to re-introduce themselves to me next time around because apparently I have holes in my memory big enough to drive the USS Ticonderoga through (I'm blaming the aliens, but don't tell them). Except Jorel, whom I'll never forget, unless he's shaved off that awesome beard - then it will definitely be everybody. In fact, at this point, I don't know if I'd recognize Kevin. Or myself!!! AAAH!!! Whose sitting in my chair typing?!? *retreats to a corner to curl up in a little ball and suck my thumb*

And my apologies Prysus.

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. And no worries Involved Observer. You know (or I hope you know) I jest. While we really did meet, I'm bad with faces and names myself. If you were in a line-up right now, I'm not even sure I could pick you out (though I'm more likely to recognize you at the Open House).

My main reason for remembering you is that you gave me a ride from the train station (and possibly to it as well). That was an act of kindness I shall not soon forget. The board game was also fun, but it's the generosity you showed that I remember most. So all is good. :ok:

Hope to see you again at the next Open House. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I could pick you both out of a lineup.

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Jorel wrote:I could pick you both out of a lineup.

Quick Prysus, let's go commit heinous crimes so that we can test Jorel's memory! :clown:

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Raiden wrote:If it's so much of a bother getting it organized, then don't set it up, or at least don't complain about it. Because it drives people, like me, away.

Raiden, don't miss the OH. It's awesome. I go to lots of cons and the OH is one of my most favorite.

I understand Alex M's frustration. Cons are a huge effort it and even though "its a year off", you'd be surprised how much long term planning (and short term panic) is involved with even a small event like the Open House. They are worse than weddings, which only last a day and its not a particularly interactive event compared to cons. Con logistics can be a pain in the patootie, as can all the little details, like getting clearances if necessary from the fire department and/or extra limited time insurances or calculating how much toilet paper will be needed and where's that emergency phone number for that plumber who works on Saturdays?

Again, this is why I would love to see PB have a Open House Volunteer Team, both local and non-local who can responsibly take on tasks to help PB have more success and more fun with the OH.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Some familiarity with the hotel is nice. The conference rooms HAVE to be part of the deal and would make the price acceptable. It is higher than the quality ($80 is about right), but with the conference rooms, bar across from the car park, proximity to the POH and surrounding venues it would be ok.

Over year to book holiday for the dates so any weekend is fine. Can't think of anything more important than the POH....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

AlexM wrote:Kevin needs answers to the following questions:

QUESTION #2: It has been so frustrating that I have considered cancelling the event. I mean it has been a couple years since we’ve done one. The Palladium Open House events have always been truly amazing and wonderful, but is the Open House something Palladium gamers are even still interested in coming to? We love welcoming you to the Palladium office and warehouse for a long weekend of non-stop Palladium gaming and presenting to you 30-50 Palladium creators. We have a blast, and past Open Houses have been nothing short of stellar, but is this something you even want to see happen? Please let us know. If you want it, we’ll do it. I guess, I just can’t tell and I’m in a funk about product being late.

So post your responses here, or you can cast your vote on the poll here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142825 (Appreciate it, Jorel.)

Alex Marciniszyn

Alex,
I'd like to know, what has been so frustrating for the staff at Palladium? We are even trying to plan out a fan Open House in place of the official one on off years. I've never heard the fans or customers question why Palladium hosts an Open House. I've only heard people say how much fun they've had or how they wish they could attend one. I've met tons of friends for the 1st time there and put many an interweb handle to many a face there as well. If it is about the cost of the event, I know many would be willing to volunteer time to reduce cost and even take over some of the major organizing. You have some great people in the MA program and you should utilize that. If it is because it takes away from your work schedules, then I would say it will, but so will a lot of things so that is why you only do it every few years, and not every year. The Fans and Customers love to attend and it seems you guys all know that, so why are you asking them, unless there is some other reason? I'd really like to know what about this situation is so frustrating to the staff at Palladium. Thanks

"The Devil's among us!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I think the date and price are just fine. I will be there with bells on. I'll have to see if my wife will consider coming or if she will instead want to stay home. It all depends on if she is prgnant again as we are planning.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

But far off to nail that one down, pun intended.

"The Devil's among us!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I want to be there just to meet and talk to people in person. I don't even care if I game.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

#1: The Price is in line with what hotels charge for Con events in Columbus and Cincinnati area... so I am cool with that. The Date is cool as well.

#2: Yes I will attend. I will also try to drag a couple of old gaming buddies with me as well.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Damian Magecraft wrote:#1: The Price is in line with what hotels charge for Con events in Columbus and Cincinnati area... so I am cool with that. The Date is cool as well.

#2: Yes I will attend. I will also try to drag a couple of old gaming buddies with me as well.

Can't wait to have drinks with you in 2015...friend.

"The Devil's among us!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Let's keep this topic ON-TOPIC!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

The dates are fine

I don't know what hotels cost in the US (last time I stayed in one I was a kid and obviously my parents paid and I didn't ask the price) and I have never attended any kind of convention where the hotel offered group booking rates. So I leave it up to the veterans to decide if it's a fair price or not.

One question does the $109 include double occupancy or do you have to pay more if there is two people ? I know that there is a double bed in the room but some hotels charge different rate for singles then they two if two people are staying.

Also, does anyone know if the hotel charges extra for parking ? I know whenever we stay at Niagara Falls (Canadian side) all the hotels we've stayed at also charge a fee for having a vehicle in addition to the room cost and they notify you of the parking amount when you check in.

EDIT: Post edited by user due to their sheer stupidity
Last edited by Razzinold on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

no charge for parking and no additional charge for double occupancy

"The Devil's among us!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Razzinold wrote:The dates don't work for me, I can't get time off during the week. I thought that the previous years the OH was Friday - Sunday with a VIP Thursday night?

Greetings and Salutations. The dates are still Thursday (V.I.P.) through Sunday, just like other years. Are you sure you're looking at 2015 for those dates? Jorel answered the other questions. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Heck, I know of a few people where there was 4 or more people in the room.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

QUESTION #1: My answer ->
So long as I have enough advanced notice to take time off of work, no date is off limits, and again the price for the hotel is fairly competitive.

QUESTION #2: My answer ->
Heck YES there is fan interest!
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Razzinold
Hero

Prysus wrote:
Razzinold wrote:The dates don't work for me, I can't get time off during the week. I thought that the previous years the OH was Friday - Sunday with a VIP Thursday night?

Greetings and Salutations. The dates are still Thursday (V.I.P.) through Sunday, just like other years. Are you sure you're looking at 2015 for those dates? Jorel answered the other questions. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Yeah never mind what I said.
I was smart enough to change the calendar on my phone to 2015 but not smart enough to see that it's labeled Monday-Sunday whereas most calendars are labeled Sunday-Saturday. So when I glanced at it Thursday - Sunday became Wednesday - Saturday. :lol: See what happens when you never use the built in calendar in your phone? You look like a knob in front of a bunch of people, lol
Razzinold
Hero

Jorel wrote:no charge for parking and no additional charge for double occupancy

Cool, thanks Jorel :ok:

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”