Open House Poll

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Does the May 14-17, 2015 date and $109 price work? Should PB do an Open House?

Question 1: Yes
37%
Question 1: No
13%
Question 2: Yes
42%
Question 2: No
9%

Total votes: 104

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Open House Poll

Unread post by Jorel »

Taken from the most recent Weekly Update...

Kevin Siembieda wrote:QUESTION #1: Does the May 14-17, 2015 date and $109 price per double-bed room work for you guys and gals? PLEASE let us know as soon as possible. Sorry, this was the best date and hotel room rate we could get. We’ll start to list full detail in a few weeks.

QUESTION #2: It has been so frustrating that I have considered cancelling the event. I mean it has been a couple years since we’ve done one. The Palladium Open House events have always been truly amazing and wonderful, but is the Open House something Palladium gamers are even still interested in coming to? We love welcoming you to the Palladium office and warehouse for a long weekend of non-stop Palladium gaming and presenting to you 30-50 Palladium creators. We have a blast, and past Open Houses have been nothing short of stellar, but is this something you even want to see happen? Please let us know. If you want it, we’ll do it. I guess, I just can’t tell and I’m in a funk about product being late.

I'm not sure where they expect a response as it isn't indicated. Also I think it is the wrong order to really ask those questions.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Re: Open House Poll

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I have been waiting for a long time to go to an Open House. Cancelling it IS NOT AN OPTION!!!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

I've been waiting a long time to go to one as well. The fact they announced they will do one and are no considering cancelling, kinda frustrating. I hope they stick with their guns and do it, I really want to finally go to one!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. We want the POH, and the dates work. Price works. All of it works.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I said yes for question 1 and no for question 2...I kid I kid.

"The Devil's among us!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I know it is a lot of work for them and it takes time out of their busy schedule, but I thought they've seen the results enough times that they know their is a definite desire for people to attend a Palladium Open House. So much so that people are willing to drive out there this year at that time of year, even though there isn't an Open House this year. We made an unofficial one. Though it seems that Palladium Staff has a convention that same weekend they hadn't been aware of when we made plans to get together with them a few months ago. People will still likely get together and game, but it won't be like it was last year when we had a bit of a tour and a chance to hang out with Kevin and crew.
Still there is enough desire that 11 said they would go to that on the Facebook and another 13 said maybe. That is at least 24 people that would go on an off year. How many would go to an actual Official Palladium Open House? I have to think it would be at least 10 times that if not much more. And people are willing to cross oceans for it. Seems like a no brainer to me. But here we are answering a poll about it.

"The Devil's among us!
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I can't wait til the next one. I had an awesome time at the last one.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:D I'm going! Along with my friend, who came with me the last 2 times, and his, by that time, wife, plus another friend said he will coming along.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Yes, looking forward to it, and the price is fine.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Yes and Yes for me, I like the date better, the first weekend of May is the Kentucky Derby, kinda a big deal here in the Commonwealth. $109 strikes me a a bit high for the Comfort Inn Clocktower but not a deal killer or even a huge deal for me.
cpdilloway
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by cpdilloway »

motor city comic con is that weekend, which could divert some people. I would be interested in the open house idea though.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Motor city comic con has been over priced now anyway, I'd much rather be at a Palladium event hands down.

ffranceschi wrote:I have been waiting for a long time to go to an Open House. Cancelling it IS NOT AN OPTION!!!

+1
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Alpha 11 wrote::D I'm going! Along with my friend, who came with me the last 2 times, and his, by that time, wife, plus another friend said he will coming along.

I look forward to gaming again with you sir!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Involved Observer wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote::D I'm going! Along with my friend, who came with me the last 2 times, and his, by that time, wife, plus another friend said he will coming along.

:oops: Sorry, don't remember who you are. :oops:
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Too funny.

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Alpha 11 wrote:
Involved Observer wrote:

Is this karma, or comeuppance? :lol:

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Both myself and others have had pretty **** years (or two) especially financially but I have been sacrificing food on the table to save for 2015 POH. Cancellation is not an option.

Remember palladium fans ARE the best in the world so let us relieve some of the burden.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Double yes even though I may not use a hotel. I've seen the prices of typical hotels and 109 is pretty standard fair.

I do not think cancelling is an option at this point now that they did officially announce they were planning to do it. With all the negativity that has gone on (in regards to the Northern Gun books and RRT), they NEED this to promote goodwill even if it is still a year out.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Alpha 11
Palladin

Involved Observer wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:
Involved Observer wrote:

Is this karma, or comeuppance? :lol:

:frust: :oops: Sorry, didn't really look at the name when I wrote that, sorry. :oops: :frust: And yes, will be looking forward to hopefully playing in one of your games. AND hopefully seeing that article in the Rifter before the OH.
jaymz wrote:Double yes even though I may not use a hotel. I've seen the prices of typical hotels and 109 is pretty standard fair.

I do not think cancelling is an option at this point now that they did officially announce they were planning to do it. With all the negativity that has gone on (in regards to the Northern Gun books and RRT), they NEED this to promote goodwill even if it is still a year out.

Agree, and I was hopping it would have been closer in cost to the last OH, but I guess these bad times are effecting everyone. Let's just hope it don't go even higher.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I voted #1 no and #2 yes

The price is fine but I really wish we could try a fall open house instead of spring. I am a teacher and I know many people who take college classes who last week of April first few weeks of May are impossible to get time.

Any chance of a September / October POH?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I wouldn't bet on it. Post Gencon combined with 4th quarter push to get a book out and gearing up for xmas grab bags as well....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

jaymz wrote:I wouldn't bet on it. Post Gencon combined with 4th quarter push to get a book out and gearing up for xmas grab bags as well....

Not to mention with the kind of luck that dog's some of us (namely myself), there'd be an epic snowstorm dumping five feet of snow, cancelling the whole event, every year they tried to hold it. There's a reason why I live in central Texas...

Actually, from what I understand, weather really is the big reason why PB holds the Open House when they do - late enough in the Spring so that all the snow has melted but early enough that the Summer heat doesn't make the warehouse unbearable.

Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Question 1 - Yes
Question 2 - Yes (I guess so) I'm not familiar with US hotel rates or have experience in group booked events so I assume it's an ok deal since other people who have gone said it seemed fair if it included things like access to the conference room.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

According to the most recent Murmur by Kevin the Open House is a sure thing and we should plan accordingly. Great news indeed.

"The Devil's among us!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Jorel wrote:According to the most recent Murmur by Kevin the Open House is a sure thing and we should plan accordingly. Great news indeed.

Good to hear!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Jorel wrote:According to the most recent Murmur by Kevin the Open House is a sure thing and we should plan accordingly. Great news indeed.

YAY!!! <Happy Dance> :D :D :D

zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

So very excited!!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

No more polls, we are on!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”