Store Forum

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Store Forum

Unread post by Tor »

Could we please have a subforum here for discussing the Store at https://palladium-store.com which is linked to from the main site? There doesn't seem to be an appropriate place to discuss stuff pertaining to it.

For example, one glaring issue with https://palladium-store.com/1001/catego ... Books.html is firstly, the omission of dimension book 9 without explanation. While those who've looked into it know about the mysterious indefinite UWW delay, a casual browser will not.

I really think a 'Dimension Book 9' page should be made and put where Hades shows up now, you can leave it mostly blank, but please just put it there as a placeholder to make things pretty and with a note like "Coming soon" or "Coming not so soon".

The numbers are only present in the links up to 12, too. Even though it clearly says "Dimension Book 13" and "Dimension Book 14" on the covers of Thundercloud/Fleets, it doesn't appear in the top title bar or the link, and it should.

Actually I'm wrong... the numbers are given for 1-4 (including 2 and 3 which are Phase World related) but absent for 5 and 6 and 7 like they are for 13 and 14. Why is this?

As for https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... f-the.html while no number appears on the cover, I think you should just give it a number in the Store, and tack on a number by modifying the cover in any future reprints. 15 will do.

I don't even get why it's called a "Rifts/Phase World" sourcebook. This applies equally books 3/5/6/7/8/12/13/14. Their Store titles use a colon instead of a Slash though. Rifts is clearly a setting that encapsulates more than Rifts Earth, so a slash isn't needed, Phase World is part of Rifts, since it began as a dimension book 4 it, just as Wormwood is.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Store Forum

Unread post by NMI »

"All Things Palladium" suffices for discussing issues with the store.

As for "HEROES OF THE MEGAVERSE" - it is usable in both Rifts and Phaseworld so therefor, that is probably why it is listed by Palladium Books as Rifts/Phaseworld Sourcebook
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Yeah but so are the other ones, the Rifts/Phaseworld instead of Rifts: Phase World is just odd, like it's trying to paint Phase World as something outside Rifts.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Tor wrote:Yeah but so are the other ones, the Rifts/Phaseworld instead of Rifts: Phase World is just odd, like it's trying to paint Phase World as something outside Rifts.

That is because to an extent it can be. With the exception of the Rifts Corebook, you dont "need" any other books to play in the Phaseworld Setting. Notice I said "need".

Nor do you "need" Phaseworld or its sourcebooks to play "Rifts".
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
FluidicAztec
Explorer

Unread post by FluidicAztec »

I agree, the store does need a forum. From questions about Rifter subscriptions to different printings of books there is a lot of info that could be passed along.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

the Rifters are under the heading RIFTS too...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Dark Elf wrote:the Rifters are under the heading RIFTS too...

No, they are not. They are listed separately...

Just Released
Coming Soon
Sale Items

Product List
Palladium Fantasy
Heroes Unlimited
After the Bomb
Ninjas and Superspies
Beyond the Supernatural
Dead Reing
Nightbane
Rifts [Chaos Earth, Core Books, Conversion Books, Dimension Books, Sourcebooks, World Books, Other, Miniatures, Novels]
Chaos Earth
Robotech
Robotech RPG Tactics
Splicers
Mechanoids
The Rifter
RECON
Special Items
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

NMI wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:the Rifters are under the heading RIFTS too...

No, they are not. They are listed separately...

Just Released
Coming Soon
Sale Items

Product List
Palladium Fantasy
Heroes Unlimited
After the Bomb
Ninjas and Superspies
Beyond the Supernatural
Dead Reing
Nightbane
Rifts [Chaos Earth, Core Books, Conversion Books, Dimension Books, Sourcebooks, World Books, Other, Miniatures, Novels]
Chaos Earth
Robotech
Robotech RPG Tactics
Splicers
Mechanoids
The Rifter
RECON
Special Items

Oh yeah - its just that they are missing from the palladium home page drop down.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Heroes of the Megaverse is listed as a phaseworld sourcebook as well as a Rifts sourcebook (in my opinion) because it has space travel in it, cosmic level powers, and characters that operate on a cosmic level. While "Rifts" typically refers to titles linked to Earth or a single Dimension. This is just speculation on my behalf, but I'd put $1.00 on it that I am right. ;) :P
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”