Here's a question to the workers of pb...

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Here's a question to the workers of pb...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

By the way, the term worker means anyone who currently or previously works for either directly or indirectly, like the monitors of the board. And of course, the goddess of Palladium Books, Maryann. She may have divorced Kevin, but she didn't divorce us.

How are you guys and your families doing?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Here's a question to the workers of pb...

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

We're well, thank you.

Last August, we moved to the other side of Toronto so that my wife could take a job as a director of Communications and Public relations at the Scarborough Hospital. My daughter is enjoying her new school, and just celebrated her 10th birthday. I'm currently working on a new short story for the Black Library as well as collaborating with Kent Burles on some concepts for a Jeretlan dimension book for Palladium Fantasy.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Sounds like great news all around. Good to hear.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Pretty awesome on all fronts. My baby is almost 16 months old now and the wife and baby are doing great. I'm doing a lot of work at my real job and getting a lot of good experience/recognition which is always good. Project management was never my strong suit but it is coming along well. I've finished multiple projects for a few gaming companies over the past year, including Palladium Books and Third eye games, and this year I'm working with a couple different teams to get Splicers books into everyone's hands as well as working on a project for my own imprint Wet Ink Games (look for a kickstarter later this year). All in all, I can't complain, but I'm trying not to spread myself too this while still maintaining healthy and productive personal, professional and semi-professional lives.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
pblackcrow
Champion

Glad to hear it on both of you. Oh and yes, folks, Rifter submitters count!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I was bummed to hear the news as well. Hopefully you have a change in your luck and enough time to make the trip happen. You will definitely be missed if you cannot make it. I'm sure there are people here that could help accommodate make your trip cheaper by giving you a place to stay so as to avoid the hotel charge. I'll be sending the positive vibes in your direction. Hopefully some of them get there.

"The Devil's among us!
pblackcrow
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:Glad to hear it on both of you. Oh and yes, folks, Rifter submitters count!

couldnt have picked a worse time to ask...

In the last ten months Ive lost my job twice. I have a menial minimum wage job atm but it is hundreds of pounds short of the cost of living each month. I am tryign to study to get a better job but my PC went down for 10 weeks. I had to pay for repairs and now I am 50% behind (12 months work to do in 6). So we're all a little stressed.

On the good side I have a lump on my finger but its not cancerous! Although it has deformed my finger.

My wife has some extremely serious tough times with her twatty family and we are all struggling to hold it together

My kids arent aware of anything and they are trying hard in school and it's paying off! GW kids!

The stresses are tough but it does bring me and my wife closer together which is needed is last year nearly parted us.

On the plus side I was mentioned in NG1! and Im just finishing off two Rifter articles (a N&S adventure which is all written up but we're a few weeks of playtesting) and a HU2 one about a group of villains and the inter-organisation politics. Ive drawn up the notes for another HU2 adventure as its the 30th anniversary.

Also I had an argument with my missus yesterday about the dates of the POH. "you're not going to America when we cant afford to pay bills and take the kids on holiday." She has a point so unless my luck changes I wont be going in 2015 which is the worst thing to happen - I have been so eager since the last one...

We still game every Friday and my friends are doing well and although Ive dipped into my savings I still have some left so the games not over yet! Need that critical roll!!

On another positive I sent my PFRPG manuscript to ZyaniteVP and he tells me he loves it. Maybe I can guilt trip KEvin to reading it and making 2014 better for me, lol.

With a story lie that I sound like Ive just auditioned for XFactor (if you guys have that in the US).

You had to ask Blackcrow, hope your not too depressed now.

Not overly, though I do hope your life gets much better. I want to know how everyone's life is going for you who has had something to contribute to PB. Regardless of how big or how small it is. By the way, I am glad you shared that!

Yes, I asked, and I'm not a bit sorry I did so. It gives people some idea about what is going on.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Thanks for this thread - it's nice to hear how everyone has been doing. As for me...

The Good:
Moved to a new city last year to get a job with a better schedule so that I could actually see my wife and kids from time to time - within 6 months I was working from home for that company, so now I get to see the wife and kiddos all the time! (This is especially important considering other things, which will make sense once you read The Ugly below.) :-D

The Bad:
We were unable to sell the house in the city we moved from, so we've been renting it, but at less than what the house payment is. It has stretched the budget to its breaking point, and it looks like we will soon have to give it over to the bank. On top of that, it has been hard getting a new gaming group going - had one that seemed to be going well until one of the players e-mailed me to say that he and everyone else in the group no longer wanted to play. Still not sure what I did to offend them all at once, as they stopped answering my calls and e-mails. :?:

The Ugly: My son's cancer has returned, despite the chemo and radiation. :badbad: We are lucky in that it is a rare form of cancer that, while locally aggressive, doesn't tend to spread much through the body. So the tumor was removed last month for the third time in 2 years, and he is now on a new chemo treatment. Unfortunately the genetic defect that goes hand-in-hand with the cancer is known to cause other serious problems, and doctors have told us he has a 100% chance of needing to have several other major surgeries within the next few years. All this has kind of put me in a funk; there are several Rifter articles that I need to put the finishing touches on and send in, but I just can't seem to find the inspiration to do so.

The Bright Side: However, with proper medical care, my son's life expectancy should be the same as anyone else (thank the Big Guy upstairs for medical insurance). :angel: And I got to spend about 40 minutes talking on the phone with Alex at the PB office today concerning a project that I'm working on. So all in all, still pretty blessed. :D
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

The Dark Elf wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:Glad to hear it on both of you. Oh and yes, folks, Rifter submitters count!

In the last ten months Ive lost my job twice. I have a menial minimum wage job atm but it is hundreds of pounds short of the cost of living each month. I am tryign to study to get a better job but my PC went down for 10 weeks. I had to pay for repairs and now I am 50% behind (12 months work to do in 6). So we're all a little stressed.

On the good side I have a lump on my finger but its not cancerous! Although it has deformed my finger.

My wife has some extremely serious tough times with her twatty family and we are all struggling to hold it together

My kids arent aware of anything and they are trying hard in school and it's paying off! GW kids!

The stresses are tough but it does bring me and my wife closer together which is needed is last year nearly parted us.

On the plus side I was mentioned in NG1! and Im just finishing off two Rifter articles (a N&S adventure which is all written up but we're a few weeks of playtesting) and a HU2 one about a group of villains and the inter-organisation politics. Ive drawn up the notes for another HU2 adventure as its the 30th anniversary.

Also I had an argument with my missus yesterday about the dates of the POH. "you're not going to America when we cant afford to pay bills and take the kids on holiday." She has a point so unless my luck changes I wont be going in 2015 which is the worst thing to happen - I have been so eager since the last one...

We still game every Friday and my friends are doing well and although Ive dipped into my savings I still have some left so the games not over yet! Need that critical roll!!

On another positive I sent my PFRPG manuscript to ZyaniteVP and he tells me he loves it. Maybe I can guilt trip KEvin to reading it and making 2014 better for me, lol.

With a story lie that I sound like Ive just auditioned for XFactor (if you guys have that in the US).

Dark Elf, sorry to hear about your troubles - I know what stress can do to a person. I'll be sending prayers and positive vibes your way. Hope things improve soon and you get to come to the next POH, it would be a shame for the real world to keep you from us!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Dark Elf wrote:

Wish I had that type of power and pull- all I can say is that I have mentioned to Kevin, Wayne, Alex, and Jeff that my group played some of it, and loved it, and will play more of it in May this year!
Hope things improve- and yes, I want your manuscript published- it is a lot of fun to run and play!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Involved Observer wrote:Thanks for this thread - it's nice to hear how everyone has been doing. As for me...

The Good:
Moved to a new city last year to get a job with a better schedule so that I could actually see my wife and kids from time to time - within 6 months I was working from home for that company, so now I get to see the wife and kiddos all the time! (This is especially important considering other things, which will make sense once you read The Ugly below.) :-D

The Bad:
We were unable to sell the house in the city we moved from, so we've been renting it, but at less than what the house payment is. It has stretched the budget to its breaking point, and it looks like we will soon have to give it over to the bank. On top of that, it has been hard getting a new gaming group going - had one that seemed to be going well until one of the players e-mailed me to say that he and everyone else in the group no longer wanted to play. Still not sure what I did to offend them all at once, as they stopped answering my calls and e-mails. :?:

The Ugly: My son's cancer has returned, despite the chemo and radiation. :badbad: We are lucky in that it is a rare form of cancer that, while locally aggressive, doesn't tend to spread much through the body. So the tumor was removed last month for the third time in 2 years, and he is now on a new chemo treatment. Unfortunately the genetic defect that goes hand-in-hand with the cancer is known to cause other serious problems, and doctors have told us he has a 100% chance of needing to have several other major surgeries within the next few years. All this has kind of put me in a funk; there are several Rifter articles that I need to put the finishing touches on and send in, but I just can't seem to find the inspiration to do so.

The Bright Side: However, with proper medical care, my son's life expectancy should be the same as anyone else (thank the Big Guy upstairs for medical insurance). :angel: And I got to spend about 40 minutes talking on the phone with Alex at the PB office today concerning a project that I'm working on. So all in all, still pretty blessed. :D

Thanks for letting us know what is up. I for one was curious how you are doing. If you are having a hard time finding a local game try online. I use Google Hangout weekly to game if I can help it. Bummer about being ditched but if they are that type you are better off without them. Really sorry to hear about your son. I assume by your comment about health care you meant Obama...I kid. I love that you have a decent perspective to see that your son will have as long of a life as anyone else. Your son is lucky to have you as he'll inherit that perspective as well. I hope everything goes well with his trials in dealing with it. Also curious to know what you are working on as your game rules were really well thought out and if it anything like that it will be great. If it is material for one of the game lines that is likely cool as well. I don't really read the Rifters, but I know you've been published in there at least once. Maybe I'll dig that up and check it out. Either way I'm curious and I wish you and your family well in all you endeavors. Hope we see you in MI in 2015 if not sooner.
Last edited by Jorel on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Jorel wrote:Thanks for letting us know what is up. I for one was curious how you are doing. If you are having a hard time finding a local game try online. I use Google Hangout weekly to game if I can help it. Bummer about being ditched but if they are that type you are better off without them.

I actually have several people interested in getting a game started, right now it's just trying to get schedules working together. Hopefully early in April...

Jorel wrote:Really sorry to hear about your son. I assume by your comment about health care you meant Obama...I kid. I love that you have a decent perspective to see that your son will have as long of a life as anyone else. Your son is lucky to have you as he'll inherit that perspective as well. I hope everything goes well with his trials in dealing with it.

Actually my son's condition, and our reliance on medical insurance, go back many years before the ACA/Obamacare, but that is a discussion for some political forum, not PB's house! I will say this, I learned long ago that if I didn't look for the bright-side/silver linings I'd go insane. Funny thing is, they are always there. And my son is even better at seeing them than I am - he's been my teacher on more than one occasion.

Jorel wrote:Also curious to know what you are working on as your game rules were really well thought out and if it anything like that it will be great. If it is material for one of the game lines that is likely cool as well. I don't really read the Rifters, but I know you've been published in there at least once. Maybe I'll dig that up and check it out. Either way I'm curious and I wish you and your family well in all you endeavors. Hope we see you in MI in 2015 if not sooner.

I don't want to say anything at this time as things are not even preliminary yet, but hopefully sometime in the next few months there will be some good news to spread.

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Good to hear. Look forward to checkin it out.

"The Devil's among us!
pblackcrow
Champion

Involved Observer, I do hope things improve. Let me know in a PM if you want me to send your son distant energy healing.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

pblackcrow wrote:Involved Observer, I do hope things improve. Let me know in a PM if you want me to send your son distant energy healing.

PM sent, and thank you.

Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I have 18 more days in the Kingdom, which wraps up 30 months. It's been an amazing experience, and I think I'll end up spending some more time professionally in the Middle East after we settle down for a few years; expat life is great for raising young kids! My wife has been home without me since January, so I'm anxious to get back. I've accepted a job at a nice consultancy in Dallas, but my current company is pushing hard for me to stay with them in Houston; should have that sorted out in a couple of days.

My new indie project, the Breachworld RPG, just funded on Kickstarter! It will hit the shelves by the end of August, at the latest. Have a couple of weeks left to push on through and hit some stretch goals and get some additional work for many of my Palladium artist pals, and for some of my fellow writers as well. I'm all smiles today, though I need to get back in the gym after slacking in the last couple of weeks, so I don't return looking like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man; I stress-eat. :(

Cool thread. :ok:
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Just saw this and thought I'd post a reply...

I am doing amazingly well, thank you for asking!

I have 4 fantastic grandkids, a good job that thankfully has stabilized in the last little bit (for me at least). Things can always be better, but could also be worse. Still stuck in Ohio for the time being but hopefully that will change in the future. So life is good...
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

pblackcrow
Champion

I am glad to hear it.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I assuming that your not glad about the 'stuck in Ohio' part. :-) Because I feel for anyone stuck down there.
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Jerell wrote:I assuming that your not glad about the 'stuck in Ohio' part. :-) Because I feel for anyone stuck down there.

If the economy hadn't taken a more dramatic downward spiral about 6 or 7 years ago I would have been out of the lovely state already... but work keeps me here for now but working on convincing MetLife that since I'm a virtual agent I can be virtual anywhere!!! :)
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Hey now. I grew up here :P . But yeah. It is a crazy place.

Atleast I never have high expectations for work, so I am better able to handle disappointment.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

The last year has been a real mess for me health wise. I almost died in June (13) from Septic Shock. I spent a week in the hospital from that including 3 days in the ICU. I had more problems in August that added another 12 days in the hospital. I have lost track of the number of medical tests I have undergone and the amount of blood taken for tests.

The good news is my diet that I started back in January of 2012 is finally paying off. I switched to mostly drinking water and a lot of it, more fiber and vegetables. I also cut back on my portions. In that time I have gone from 349 lbs to 237 lbs. :love:

A lot of things are up in the air, just waiting to see what happens.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Sounds like you are doing better. Sorry to hear about the serious health issues, but I'm glad you are still with us.

"The Devil's among us!
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Keep on, guys. Reading your stories has given me a lot to chew on and helped me remember that I gotta stay moving because you never know what's around the next corner.

Stay strong, everyone's got great things coming up, even with the bad times. /salute
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

J.L. Duncan wrote:
Involved Observer wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

Dark Elf, sorry to hear about your troubles - I know what stress can do to a person. I'll be sending prayers and positive vibes your way. Hope things improve soon and you get to come to the next POH, it would be a shame for the real world to keep you from us!

I would like to add (and agree with) this sentiment as well. Best wishes to Dark Elf.

I thought you would all like to know that my wife who I have been with since we were 15, has left me - for good.

I am heartbroken, hurt, distraught and all the emotions that screw with ur confidence and esteem but-

It does isolate the faults of Palladium however. Whatever u guys pray for, the opposite happens! So stop praying for new PRFPG or BTS books and they might just turn up! :bandit:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

The Dark Elf wrote:I am heartbroken, hurt, distraught and all the emotions that screw with ur confidence and esteem

I am really sorry to read this. I'm no stranger to losing a loved one and I know these feelings all too well. I just want you to know that even if everything seems terrible at times life does get better. The pain will eat you up on the inside and everything will feel so futile and god awful but tomorrow is always another day and sometimes these things happen for a reason. It might not seem like it now, but this might be a new opportunity for you to experience something you never could before. I am sitting here trying so hard to think of something I can say as a stranger that might help or make you feel better, but I am coming up blank. I am just so sorry. No one deserves to feel the way you do right now, but don't let it cut down your confidence and self-esteem man. Hang in there. No one is perfect and just because your wife is "gone for good" that doesn't mean there is something wrong with you. It just means you weren't right for her. We haven't always agreed in the past but I've seen your work and seen your posts on the forum, you're an intelligent and imaginative person. Stick in there. Everything is going to be alright.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

The Dark Elf wrote:I am heartbroken, hurt, distraught and all the emotions that screw with ur confidence and esteem

Hang in there, mate. If it means anything, you have my most heartfelt sympathies. You will pull through.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

The Dark Elf wrote:I thought you would all like to know that my wife who I have been with since we were 15, has left me - for good.

:eek: I ... I ... wow ... never saw that one coming. Sorry to hear that.

Err ... I mean, just for you: Greetings and Salutations! Yes, that's how this post should've started off. Anyways, I really am sorry to hear it.

The Dark Elf wrote:I am heartbroken, hurt, distraught and all the emotions that screw with ur confidence and esteem but-

If it means anything, I still believe in you. :ok: I think you're an awesome writer and a great guy. Err ... not trying to catch you on the rebound or anything! Not that saying any guy wouldn't be lucky to have you. Errr ... not saying you like guys. Um ... not saying anything wrong with liking guys if you do. Erm ... not that I'm saying ... :?

Seriously though, I hope things work out the best for you. That doesn't necessarily mean getting back together, but I'm trying to have faith that all things happen for a reason. But you're a good guy, and I want to believe things will get better.

The Dark Elf wrote:It does isolate the faults of Palladium however. Whatever u guys pray for, the opposite happens! So stop praying for new PRFPG or BTS books and they might just turn up! :bandit:

Err ... wait, if that's how things work ... um ... I don't hope things work out for the best. May your life be full of misery and your works never be printed! :bandit:

See what I did there? Seriously, lots of love. :hug: And seriously, I'm not trying to catch you on the rebound! Farewell and safe journeys for now.

P.S. All awkward comments appearing in this post are purely fictitious. Any resemblence to real awkwardness, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Just aiming to give Dark Elf a bit of a laugh or chuckle (or that is my hope). While my heart does go out to him, sometimes it's good to make someone smile in their times of need, or so is my hope.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

It made be difficult, but as others have said, we're with you there in spirit and it may be for the best.

"The Devil's among us!
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

My prayers go out to you Dark Elf. I can't imagine what you're going through. I just hope you find some hope and encouragement along this difficult journey.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Dark Elf wrote:
I am heartbroken, hurt, distraught and all the emotions that screw with ur confidence and esteem

I am so sorry. Prayers go out to you.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

The Dark Elf wrote:I thought you would all like to know that my wife who I have been with since we were 15, has left me - for good.

I am heartbroken, hurt, distraught and all the emotions that screw with ur confidence and esteem but-

It does isolate the faults of Palladium however. Whatever u guys pray for, the opposite happens! So stop praying for new PRFPG or BTS books and they might just turn up! :bandit:

Wow :eek:

Between your post on February 23rd and this recent one you definitely seem to constantly be getting the short end of the stick. I guess the silver lining is it can only get better from here on out (or it will get worse and therefore better based on your logic of asking for the opposite to get what you really want :) ).
Seriously though that has to be rough and I'm sorry that you are experiencing that much pain, and from a variety of sources (lost job, wife, economic situation). I feel for you man, I know how hard it is to scrape by cheque to cheque, having to juggle bills all the while not wanting to deprive your kids of anything (like new clothes when they outgrow them or playing sports). Things will get better soon I'm sure.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Akashic Soldier wrote:

It might not seem like it now, but this might be a new opportunity for you to experience something you never could before.

It will be - the POH for one!!!

(and reading Prysus' comments if I play it right I might get a free bed..... :erm: )

Ty all though. Means a lot.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
pblackcrow
Champion

Dark Elf, stay strong.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”