Eric Wujcik is gone now. Its a late post i know.

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CyCo
Hero

Re: Eric Wujcik is gone now. Its a late post i know.

Unread post by CyCo »

Randomfist wrote:I remember (maybe a couple of years before he passed) Eric posted on the boards (I think it was these boards, not 100% sure though) and said he was going to be in the L.A. area and was free one of the nights he was going to be there. He just wanted to know if there was anyone in the area who wanted to get together for a game he was GM'ing. He was inviting anyone, obviously strangers, to just come hang out with him and game. I lived on Phoenix at the time and thought of driving out to L.A. but couldn't at the time. Although I never met him, this made me realize how down to earth he was. One of the giants in the industry just throwing out an invite to anyone to come play RPG's with him on a random Saturday night. I don't have to have known him to miss him and his presence in the industry.

He did the same thing while here in Australia, probably around the same time. Was in town for a number of things, but from memory he was also attending a local con. He had announced this on these forums, and obviously we made contact. He was even looking for a place to stay, which I offered my place, but as I live like 90 minutes by train from Sydney, it was just too far. Still, I got invited down to Sydney (I couldn't make the Con itself as I was working), but to join in with a group down there in Sydney (who were a bunch of Amber players), and have a game with Eric. Was a very awesome night indeed.

Still, that was 6 years ago. I think that post maybe should be removed, it's time to move on.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I have to say that Erick's work had the most profound impact on my life; I wouldn't be the man I am today, and am quite confident that if it weren't for him, if I were still alive at this point without that influence, the best representation of who I might be would be Adam Sandler's character in Punch Drunk Love. Thanks to him and Palladium Books, I have friends, I have a loving wife, and I have three beautiful children.

I was fortunate enough to meet him at the 2007 Open House and got to thank him for that influence. His passing was one of the most difficult things I've had to face, and that's saying a lot.. God rest his soul.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I haven't seen it anywhere but has anyone played Tom Clancey's End War? I just finished it. It was dedicated in memory to Eric! :'(
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I am very thankful I had the chance to meet Eric at the Palladium Open House. Extremely cool dude. He will be missed.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”