Rifts: Conquest

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Re: Rifts: Conquest

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

I apologize for digging up REALLY old threads, but did this ever happen?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Not to my knowledge.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

That makes me sad.
CastorJack
D-Bee

Unread post by CastorJack »

Wow, its been almost 2 years since my last post on Conquest. Yikes.

No, I am not dead, in a coma, or transcended into a higher plane.
Yes, I am still working on this project. Though I will admit I have been perhaps too ambitious. During play testing with my local group we discovered a few nagging rules exploits (one of my players is very good at breaking things). These have been cleared up, but not without leading into other changes, and still other changes. That led into a feeling of burnout that lasted a few months.

Things have picked up again in the last 3 months or so. I have decided to seriously flesh out the combat system which is the main reason for most of the delays. One of the biggest rules exploits was for research and development which forced a re-write of that entire section. Many of the Advantages, namely most of my 200+ Advantages, needed small tweaks and some complete re-writes with the addition of combat, unit organization and types, and the inclusion of a system for building your own power armor, robots, TW Creations, weapons, magical items, psychic creations, and the like (most of which are finished or nearly complete).

The scale has increased so much that I may have to switch the idea into a net book, officially released would be great, but if not then one of the many unauthorized works. There is just so much that I have added. It's not just about Conquest anymore. The item creation, O.C.C.'s, and many Advantages can be used in regular campaigns for Rifts, with a few available for other settings. I have even gone so far as to compile items, rules, and obscure things from all over Palladium into the book. Many things that have never had creation rules before do now, and so far they mesh pretty well with in-book stats. There are notable exceptions, such as vehicle weapons damage and range, but everything from M.D.C. to PS, speed, and bonuses can be accounted for through the creation system.

As far as an ETA goes, I'm not sure yet. I'm working back through the Advantages one last time for inconsistencies in the rules. Already fixed one or two minor things. The main creation rules have been finished for some time now, as have the rules for Influence, Economics (trade), Development (after the recent re-write), and the basic rules for Army Composition and Equipment. Combat is still only a framework and could take some time, but combat in Conquest does not need to be as tight as a table top wargame since factors like Insurgency, Unconventional Warfare, and other factors will apply far more than in those games. Let's see, equipment is also like 80% done. Just a few additions like Void Ships and Greater Enchanted Items (examples, generation rules are complete). O.C.C.'s are 80% finished, just the class skills and standard equipment remain for them to be playable. Just a few other odds and ends after that, like Legendary Artifacts which grant the equivalent of Advantages.

I'll try to pay more attention to these forums going forward and may get around to updating the blog at some point. Oh, and to FatherMorpheus. Thanks for the necro on this thread or I may not have said anything. I'm really bad at keeping people informed. I know. Well back to the mountain of work.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Wow, talk about scope creep!

I'm really glad you tossed in this update. You aren't looking for any non-involved reviewers are you? <hint><hint>

It almost sounds like you have rebuilt the entire game from the ground up with a strategic focus, but maybe it is even more than that?

Glad it isn't dead, and that you have been working on it all along. I'm really interested in perhaps reviewing what you have now. Maybe try play testing it.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Cool to see that your back and still working on it.
Mani
D-Bee

Unread post by Mani »

Wow! Sounds really cool. I would buy it.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”