A Beyond the Supernatural,s Book for 2014?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Re: A Beyond the Supernatural,s Book for 2014?

Unread post by calto40k »

I have to say I'm really hopeful for the next BtS book... promoted it at tekkoshocon to people who were playing call of cthulhu and a group I had playing BtS at my hotel room
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Hoping for BtS,s Book.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

gaby wrote:Hoping for BtS,s Book.

Me, too. Me, too. Me, too. I have never wanted a book so much as Arcanum - even more than Old Kingdoms. It is not that I "need" it to play. I am doing really fine without it. I also do not feel BtS is incomplete, even if I understand the position, but it would surely be even more magical with it (pun intended).

calto40k wrote:I have to say I'm really hopeful for the next BtS book... promoted it at tekkoshocon to people who were playing call of cthulhu and a group I had playing BtS at my hotel room

I am sure it is going to come and will be awesome. Kevin and our own dear MrLoucifer are both great writers with a fierce love for BtS. I have no doubt as to content quality which is why it pains me so much not to have it in the hands of this geek yet.

It gives me reason to hope that since 2012 the BtS books have been mentioned in the weekly updates and murmurs repeatedly and steadily. I know other books were mentioned as well and they have not or not yet seen the light of day either. However, I would like to point out that only a very few books get such steady and repeat mention. I know, this also does not mean we will see the book now or tomorrow, but it shows dedication, interest and the wish to get the book out from Palladium's side.

The most recent comment that Kevin wants to commission artwork for Arcanum has emboldened my belief even more. Kevin is a very creative mind and an artist himself. Art gives him an extra kick. It (literally) helps his vision and to put the vision into reality. Anyway, it is another good sign.

Perhaps I am too positive and drawing too many conclusions out of thin air but, well, here's hoping and clamouring for the BtS books, is all :-) !

I have recently converted my weekly group to BtS, and my dear friends are people who have been playing ONE non-Palladium system (not (A)D&D) in a steady group every Wednesday for over 25 years, come hell or high water. That is how good BtS is.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Hendrik, the problem with BTS and SPLICERS, IMHO, is that they stand up against the "the jewel of PB" aka RIFTS! and the little brothers (PF and HU). And now Robotech RPG Tactics...it's too much!
Both have a cult-like following but I think at this point is not enough to "push" PB to write for them. SPLICERS has an advantage though: Walton/Kluge/Aten...ok, BTS has MrLoucifer and the best Palladium related website ever but if you ask me SPLICERS is going to get something first and that could mean another delay for BTS. Personally I want both but SPLICERS first.
Another problem is that the fans of the cult-like lines are not mixed (again, IMHO) so less sales in a potential release. At this point, I suggest crowdfounding for both and see what happens. Do you agree?

P.S.: Just in case, the list of people capable of writing something for SPLICERS or BTS is bigger than the names I wrote. I used the ones I know and I don't want to offend anyone.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hey, there,
ffranceschi wrote:the problem with BTS and SPLICERS, IMHO, is that they stand up against the "the jewel of PB" aka RIFTS! ... Another problem is that the fans of the cult-like lines [Splicers, BtS] are not mixed (again, IMHO) so less sales in a potential release.

True, but there is a lot of cross selling potential. BtS is useful for Dead Reign and vice versa. Arcanum has a lot of appeal for Dead Reign, i.e. for those that miss magic in DR. Splicers is a very interesting pool for Rifts anyway. The bio stuff is freakin' awesome.

ffranceschi wrote:Both have a cult-like following ...

Darn tootin', they do.

ffranceschi wrote:SPLICERS has an advantage though: Walton/Kluge/Aten...ok, BTS has MrLoucifer and the best Palladium related website ever

House of BtS is awesome beyond the pale and getting better. Steven is an excellent writer chock full of excellent ideas and loves BtS. I think the writer potential and line up is great for both lines.

ffranceschi wrote:but if you ask me SPLICERS is going to get something first and that could mean another delay for BTS. Personally I want both but SPLICERS first

Splicers will be out first. I think that, too. If Chuck etc. have done a great manuscript this could be out rather fast. That is why I thought a 64+ page sourcebook for Splicers would IMO likely be out soon.

ffranceschi wrote:At this point, I suggest crowdfounding for both and see what happens. Do you agree?

I would love that but I think crowdfunding (kickstarter or the pre-payment version as in NG) should not be done before NG2 and the RTT will have been delivered. For several reasons I think Palladium should have the next book finished before crowdfunding it and then put it out earlier than they announce. I would do that twice before I crowdfund a non-finished product again.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

Raiden

Unread post by Raiden »

Mods, can you please move this topic to the BTS2 section of the boards.
Asterios
Explorer

Unread post by Asterios »

Ninjabunny wrote:Why it deals with an all things palladium subject.

so did the other posts that got moved.
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Really, you can just manage with the first edition, everything is in it. If you need more horrors use the rifts dark conversion guide.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

ScottBernard wrote:Really, you can just manage with the first edition, everything is in it. If you need more horrors use the rifts dark conversion guide.

:ok:

I agree. I have no problem without Arcanum or Tome Grotesque either. Especially the Arcanist is relatively easy to convert. Still, these two books are on top of my most wanted list.

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

ffranceschi wrote:SPLICERS has an advantage though: Walton/Kluge/Aten...ok, BTS has MrLoucifer and the best Palladium related website ever

Hendrik wrote:House of BtS is awesome beyond the pale and getting better. Steven is an excellent writer chock full of excellent ideas and loves BtS.

I know this wasn't the point of the post... but Gentlemen, I'm flattered to death by your kind words. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Come On people we Must keep Hope alive for a 2014,s BtS,s Book.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

After NG2,MinF and DR:G,I hope thers a BtS,s Book.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

How does a clever GM use hope in a Beyond the Supernatural game?

Look here to find out.

Clearly Palladium is trying to teach us how to properly build the mood and atmosphere for this game.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well we are June now.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”