Palladium Fantasy - Post a Day until a new book is published

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Malachdrim
Wanderer

Re: Palladium Fantasy - Post a Day until a new book is publi

Unread post by Lord Malachdrim »

Reagren Wright wrote:Because Palladium Fantasy doesn't sell as well as Rifts and Robotech that's why.

Hard to sell books to fans when there's nothing new to sell to the existing fans for years at a time.

Hard to get new fans if nothing is put out for the line in years.

Hard to keep existing fans if nothing is put out for the line in years.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good grudge.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

zyanitevp wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:..... Now that being said, Kevin sounds like he's getting a fantasy itch, maybe some freelancers (hopefully myself) and some movies have inspired him to return to his beloved game. Let's just see. But I'll tell you what, when Kevin sees some fantasy stuff he likes, his creative juices go into
overdrive. Just be patient (I sure am) and be a fan of all Palladium material :D .

Hope he does return to it! Loved your work, btw...

You cheating on me?...

No, mentioned your book again to Kevin 2 weeks ago when we were talking MA stuff! Games open this week in Rebuilt!

Love it!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Let the countdown begin. And please let's not get the thread locked. This book WILL be out, and
if it take until December 2014 or gets release at the Open House (May 2015) I'm fine with that and so should everyone else.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Not for nothing , but history would indicate more likely next summer/fall. Hope it's sooner though. Fantasy needs some love to be sure.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Looking forward to it.

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Reagren Wright wrote:Let the countdown begin. And please let's not get the thread locked. This book WILL be out, and
if it take until December 2014 or gets release at the Open House (May 2015) I'm fine with that and so should everyone else.

Hope to get your signature on it at the Open House!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

And the announcement has been made that a Palladium Fantasy Book is at the printer! I was curious to see how long ago I had created this thread, so I searched it out. Last post in it was a while ago, but that was because it got moved out of the All Things Palladium forum during one of the RRT spats.

Anyway, we finally have a new Fantasy book! WOOHOO!!!

:ok: :D :D :D :ok:

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

This was actually posted in the wrong spot :oops: . Nevertheless it words still ring true. A year ago everyone was up in arms
that there wasn't a new Palladium Fantasy book on the shelf since Mysteries of Magic (2009) which some people were not
happy with, so that means LotD2 (2002) was the last book for the game system. I vowed to changed that and we now have a
book coming in 1-3 weeks. I hope the book is everything the Fantasy fans have been waiting for. Pryus has his Land of the
South Winds manuscript turned in and Kevin and Palladium's hottest artist Chuck Walton are ready for more. Things are
looking good for PFRPG. So if a couple Rifts and Robotech books come out first, relax folks, be rest assured more books are
coming.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Huzzah for Palladium Fantasy!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

Reagren Wright wrote:This was actually posted in the wrong spot :oops: . Nevertheless it words still ring true. A year ago everyone was up in arms
that there wasn't a new Palladium Fantasy book on the shelf since Mysteries of Magic (2009) which some people were not
happy with, so that means LotD2 (2002) was the last book for the game system. I vowed to changed that and we now have a
book coming in 1-3 weeks. I hope the book is everything the Fantasy fans have been waiting for. Pryus has his Land of the
South Winds manuscript turned in and Kevin and Palladium's hottest artist Chuck Walton are ready for more. Things are
looking good for PFRPG. So if a couple Rifts and Robotech books come out first, relax folks, be rest assured more books are
coming.

Great! Great! Hopes up again. But this book was absolutely not what I was dreaming of. Having the High Seas sourcebook and all. I am still waiting on the Old Kingdom books. This country is big and in the middle of the Palladium world. Old kingdom is host of Orcs and old Dawarfen ruins. You almost cant play this game without looking to the Old kingdom, pass Old kingdom or have adventures inside Old kingdom. Old kingdom is like Middle Earth and with the movies and all this is very popular.

So I will run to the (online) store and buy those books when they are finished. I belive many would. But of course dont rush them :) Palladium probably have enough material now to make 10 books.

Amazon still belive the books will get back:

http://www.amazon.com/Old-Kingdom-Lowla ... 0916211835
zyanitevp
Champion

Reagren Wright wrote:This was actually posted in the wrong spot :oops: . Nevertheless it words still ring true. A year ago everyone was up in arms
coming.

Congrats- So glad a Palladium Fantasy book of any kind is out, and Bizantium was lacking in description.
My Twitter
Image Image
Reagren Wright

Just finished going over it. Awesome man. i will confirm that over 90% of the content is mine, and the few things that where
changed I not only approve, but like them better than what I came up with. Love the Wavechanters. Updated Necromancer (oh
yeah-with new Necromancy spells). Anyone has questions glad to answer them.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I am almost all the way through the book. It looked like most of the necro spells were stuff from mystic russia but have to pull out my books to compare. That said its nice having the necro stuff added and nicely converted for palladium RPG as well as incorporating a lot of the warlock/ocean magic stuff to the palladium RPG setting. One slight confusing thing though in the ocean magic part the armor of algor spell is listed as specifically something that water warlocks cannot pick from the ocean magic stuff but then it goes and lists the warlock spell level in the spells description.

I assume that was for the waterchanters level but man if water warlocks can learn that spell that is a pretty huge boost for water warlocks defensive abilities.

I have to say the whole ice people culture/info is really nifty. The whole black ships were an amazing thing in their time but a necromantic congolmeration of dead sea serpents that can be up to 4000 feet long with thousands of cannibal necromancers and god knows how many undead skeletons/animated dead clinging to the "ship". Now add on to that a huge percentage of the people can enhance bone to stone/steel you have an aquatic juggernaut that would would take an entire fleet to have a chance at taking down.

Good thing for the people of the palladium world these guys are not the type to actually work together and coordinate their attacks but as a raiding vessel these undead serpant ships are pretty terrifying.
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

I finished the book the other day, well, there were certain sections I skimmed so that I could go back later and read in more detail. I can definitely say that this book was worth the wait. I love the creation myth of the Eoten. The Iceborn are....awesome villains. I love the additional detail about the Shadow Coast as I had used the Coast in previous adventures and can send my group back get them more involved up there.

My hope (or dread) is that we will have to wait a long time for the next PFRPG book to come out.
Reagren Wright

Sir Dellis wrote:I finished the book the other day, well, there were certain sections I skimmed so that I could go back later and read in more detail. I can definitely say that this book was worth the wait. I love the creation myth of the Eoten. The Iceborn are....awesome villains. I love the additional detail about the Shadow Coast as I had used the Coast in previous adventures and can send my group back get them more involved up there.

My hope (or dread) is that we will have to wait a long time for the next PFRPG book to come out.

Thanks for the love :D .
crazycowproductions
D-Bee
Comment: Sometimes the best Solution is to think before acting, but then again Acting before you think is the human solution too :D

Unread post by crazycowproductions »

Would love to see adventure books for Palladium Fantasy with plenty of those fun Hook Line and Sinkers. But mostly would just like to see more adventures written for this setting :D
One moment your a nobody, the next a hero. But you still gotta put your pants on one leg at a time.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

crazycowproductions wrote:Would love to see adventure books for Palladium Fantasy with plenty of those fun Hook Line and Sinkers. But mostly would just like to see more adventures written for this setting :D

Me too-and it'd help get new players to join.
It was solely book 4 & 6 that got me hooked due to the adventures
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Just had a thought, do the Savage World guys do adventure books?

If Palladium does adventures, I'd say having them come out in the Rifter seems most likely.
zyanitevp
Champion

Pinnacle is only doing Rifts
My Twitter
Image Image
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Understood. Do you know if they do adventure books?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Jerell wrote:Understood. Do you know if they do adventure books?

Greetings and Salutations. I'm on my phone and too lazy to track down the Weekly Update that first announced Savage Rifts, but I'm fairly sure it said after the main book they'd be doing some adventure books. That's my recollection on the matter (and hopefully helps answer your question). Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”