Palladium Fantasy - Post a Day until a new book is published

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Palladium Fantasy - Post a Day until a new book is publi

Unread post by auyl »

"All I want for Christmas are some new PF books" (sing the tune if you need to) :D
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I would have rather saw a new hard cover cor fantasy's 30th than one for huge.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations! In the interest of adding some new info for the close out of Palladium Fantasy's (PF) 30th Anniversary, I added some new content to my site. I know it's not a new book, but it's the best I can give you for the time being. Both are part of a larger project I had wanted to finish before the end of the year (an unofficial PDF book I'd put up on my site), but I lost my momentum. I hope one day to finish and post it up in full, but for now I hope this will help tide you over. One is the Enchanted Paintbrush, a new magic item, and the other is a new type of demon known as the Jigsaw. Hope you enjoy both Keep the fantasy alive and game on! Farewell and safe journeys for now.

http://www.prysus.com/item_enchanted_paintbrush.htm

http://www.prysus.com/race_jigsaw_demon.htm
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations! In the interest of adding some new info for the close out of Palladium Fantasy's (PF) 30th Anniversary, I added some new content to my site. I know it's not a new book, but it's the best I can give you for the time being. Both are part of a larger project I had wanted to finish before the end of the year (an unofficial PDF book I'd put up on my site), but I lost my momentum. I hope one day to finish and post it up in full, but for now I hope this will help tide you over. One is the Enchanted Paintbrush, a new magic item, and the other is a new type of demon known as the Jigsaw. Hope you enjoy both Keep the fantasy alive and game on! Farewell and safe journeys for now.

http://www.prysus.com/item_enchanted_paintbrush.htm

http://www.prysus.com/race_jigsaw_demon.htm

Great stuff Prysus!!
Palladium Fantasy in 2014!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

Fingers crossed for some Palladium Fantasy in 2014.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Personally I'm hoping for some Sovietski and Splicers. lol.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Personally I'm hoping for some Sovietski and Splicers. lol.

Seems more likely than an actual fantasy book release.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Jorel wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Personally I'm hoping for some Sovietski and Splicers. lol.

Seems more likely than an actual fantasy book release.

I don't write for Palladium fantasy and have never actually played it. I would really love to see more stuff for all game lines, but quality material is the key. Not saying that there isn't quality material that has been sent in, just that it seems to be lower on the priority list.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

It could be of awesome quality, but if there is only a percent of the draw of Rifts then it makes sense that it would be lower regardless of quality of content.

"The Devil's among us!
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Hoping that 2014 brings a new Palladium Fantasy release.

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

My New Years resolution is to believe in a Palladium Fantasy Ultimate Edition in 2014!

Believing IS achieving!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I understand it is all about fantasy gaming, but let us have realistic goals here. They would have to have it already in production to see the light of day in 2014 and be a quality product. That is why I am saying 35th Anniversary and an Ultimate Edition or rebirth for all.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

No point relaunching 3rd editions until the "megaversal rulebook" (one book to rule them all) is developed (or the decision never to do one is made, if thats not the case already...).

If theres minimal motivation for a 30th anniversary then a 35th is moot, IMO.

Plus I hate the word anniversary of a products that's discontinued. Yes official material was produced just a few months ago, but an official Rifter article just doesnt sit with me as official. And it was a bit uninspired. I kinda see the stuff in Rifters as official anyway unless they are preceded by an actual official account stating otherwise. As GM I pick and choose if I dont like something from the canon sourcebooks anyway. The write up of Lazlo for example is what I use as Lazlo until an official book of Lazlo is produced. Sidetracked sorry.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Interesting post. And a neat idea! I can't promise to do it every day.

And yes, I'd love to see a Palladium Fantasy a new book. We all know it.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
zyanitevp
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:No point relaunching 3rd editions until the "megaversal rulebook" (one book to rule them all) is developed (or the decision never to do one is made, if thats not the case already...).

If theres minimal motivation for a 30th anniversary then a 35th is moot, IMO.

Plus I hate the word anniversary of a products that's discontinued. Yes official material was produced just a few months ago, but an official Rifter article just doesnt sit with me as official. And it was a bit uninspired. I kinda see the stuff in Rifters as official anyway unless they are preceded by an actual official account stating otherwise. As GM I pick and choose if I dont like something from the canon sourcebooks anyway. The write up of Lazlo for example is what I use as Lazlo until an official book of Lazlo is produced. Sidetracked sorry.

Well said! I think that any celebration of HU's 30th should be withheld until belated celebration of the one that started it all, Palladium Fantasy, is truly acknowledged!!!!
My Twitter
Image Image
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

Let me start by saying this thread has some great stuff in it. Love hearing about the possible Lopanic Games book and other things that people wish to see.

Recently I got a couple of people into Palladium Fantasy. Now they have been asking about books and I have been informing them but I truly feel bad when they ask if anything new is due up soon and I have to say not to get their hopes up until something is actually released. One of the reasons I explain is that they are a small business who doesn't meet deadlines. With that said I am still a fan and hope that they don't get too high of hopes only to feel let down like many have before.

I've managed to get a lot of people into Palladium Books but the lack of material for HU for example led them away from Palladium. There is this one person who told me they won't play a game that is a dead game line and when I try to explain that it isn't a dead line they say things like 1 book in 5 years means it is a dead game. I've came back with Rifters come out 4 times a year with material for all games but that isn't enough.

How have you guys dealt with things like this that I have experienced? Is it hard fighting against the reputation of the company? Do you warn people? Help is appreciated.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I don't feel that Rifter makes anything a surviving line. Possibly an undead one though.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Juce734 wrote:Let me start by saying this thread has some great stuff in it. Love hearing about the possible Lopanic Games book and other things that people wish to see.

Recently I got a couple of people into Palladium Fantasy. Now they have been asking about books and I have been informing them but I truly feel bad when they ask if anything new is due up soon and I have to say not to get their hopes up until something is actually released. One of the reasons I explain is that they are a small business who doesn't meet deadlines. With that said I am still a fan and hope that they don't get too high of hopes only to feel let down like many have before.

I've managed to get a lot of people into Palladium Books but the lack of material for HU for example led them away from Palladium. There is this one person who told me they won't play a game that is a dead game line and when I try to explain that it isn't a dead line they say things like 1 book in 5 years means it is a dead game. I've came back with Rifters come out 4 times a year with material for all games but that isn't enough.

How have you guys dealt with things like this that I have experienced? Is it hard fighting against the reputation of the company? Do you warn people? Help is appreciated.

My group plays what I want to GM but they do like fantasy games. If I said next week we were playing D&D they wouldn't care. Without being up my own arse, after 20+ years gming it is my ability to GM and the plots I come up with that keep the game interesting (as well as their interaction). They read the books very little until I ask them to role up new characters.

I like pb's because of the many game lines. We're playing ninjas currently (play testing an adventure article I've written), heroes next then maybe Rifts (I have all the books but we've not played rifts yet!), then back to fantasy.
Btw I won't sit on my submitted manuscript forever. If I hear nothing I'll put it online for free before the next Olympics. I've also stopped writing up phi & lopan (other than for myself) in case my writing ability or ideas are far too **** and amount to nothing, but I keep writing other things in hopes of improving. Still doing some Rifter article submissions, I'd love to get something on the cover.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I have a suggestion...Instead of a post per-day. Why nor share a story from our favorite, funnest, and funniest games and maybe some notes about our characters background?

The funnest game I ever played was also the most mentally challenging. Part fantasy, part "dark gothic", part Victorian steam punk/clockwork setting. I played a knight who got appointed the protector of a city, and was determined to end the dark forces within his city. My godson played my squire and assistant. My best friend played a wizard. His wife played an awesome priestess. The other players sorta came and went. But yeah, I had fun. It was rather mentally challenging staying one step ahead of things. Necromancers, mechromancers, vampires, werewolves, dire werewolves, mummy immortalus, cults, witches, floods, warlords, maintenance, etc.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
zyanitevp
Champion

Here is the log voted the best from our current Fantasy game, out of the first 250 logs. It was written by a Troglodyte Earth Warlock named Roggan. He had decided to make himself into an Iron Golem to be a stronger warrior.

"Hardened Heart and Resolve"

Roggan go to Smithy. Roggan buy piece of iron, Smithy make Iron look like Heart. … Roggan Heart. Roggan ask Smithy if Roggan can watch, and Smithy let Roggan watch. Smithy not know what Iron Heart for, but Roggan know.
Roggan do this for Gina. Roggan do this for CrIsis. Roggan never say Roggan love every-one again. Roggan hate Fenrir Demons. Fenrir Demons all die, Roggan make sure.

Roggan watch Smithy melt Iron, Iron turn to magma, bright hot. Roggan watch Smithy pour Iron into mold. Roggan watch Smithy cool iron, use oil, water, salt. Roggan hold Roggan Heart in Roggan hand. Heart feel heavy, cold, dead. Roggan scared Roggan real heart turn heavy cold and dead. But Cow Lady not teach Roggan to make Golem Body if Roggan die. Would Cow Lady do that?

Roggan get Roggan stuff ready, for Roggan body. Roggan kneel in dirt, with Roggan Iron Heart in Roggan hand. Roggan say prayer to Cow Lady.

‘Cow Lady! Gina die! Please, cow lady, please guard Gina spirit. Take Gina to Rock Heaven in Llorn. And smack Dookie for Roggan. Roggan need to make another golem. Roggan going to make Golem Body for Roggan. Roggan do something great like Earth Warlocks that make Canal. Cow lady send help to Roggan tonight. Send comfort tonight for Roggan, ’cus Roggan old body die, and Roggan not be Trog anymore. Roggan cry for Happiness and for Sadness. But Roggan determined.’

Roggan ask Master Kel-ed help Roggan make Roggan body. Kel-ed help Roggan, so Roggan do Ritool perfect. Roggan not want to take chance, not want to make mistake.

Roggan make Clay, and sculpt body big, body strong. Roggan make body 20 feet tall. Roggan make arms big, same size as Roggan body. Roggan make small arms, with small hands too, so Roggan make Neckies and Rings and Wristies, but Kel-ed tell Roggan that Roggan make the elbow joints wrong for golem tiny arms. Jewel arms bend backwards, Kel-ed say. But Kel-ed make arms bend right.

Roggan draw circle with star for Ritool. Roggan use blood. Roggan start to chant special prayer Cow Lady teach Roggan. Roggan dance around Golem. Kel-ed start chanting something other than Roggan chant. Roggan not understand Kel-ed words. Golem start to turn into Iron, Roggan get lifted into air! Kel-ed chant change. Roggan feel like Roggan touching the iron of Roggan body, start to feel iron all over, but Roggan not next to Body. Roggan look at Kel-ed in eyes. Roggan hear in Roggan head, in boomy voice: ‘LAST CHANCE!’

‘Roggan do this! For Crisis! For Gina! For Cow Lady!’

Roggan body start to burn! Roggan HURT, more than when Roggan die, more than two times Roggan die!! Roggan look at Roggan body, and Roggan skin melting off, iron burning onto it, like Smithy. Kel-ed turn Roggan to magma, and Magma Body drip onto Iron Body. Roggan feel Magma body and Iron body. Roggan stay concentrated. Magma gone, Iron only thing that Roggan feel now. Roggan feel magic stop.

It Finished.

Roggan go to lick Roggan eye, and Roggan not have tongue!!!! Well Roggan tongue short, not like Roggan tongue should be. Roggan not talk like Roggan should, Roggan mumble. Roggan ask “Where Roggan tongue?” But Kel-ed gone. Roggan feel alone. Roggan feel tired, Roggan feel sad. Roggan feel cold, Roggan feel heart. Roggan scream in Anger and Pain.

Roggan not Roggan, Roggan Iron Man. Roggan change forever, but Roggan now do what Roggan need to do. Kill Fenrir Demons. Kill Anubie. Kill Set. Roggan hate evil.

Roggan Hate flow like Magma in Roggan Cold Heart. Forever.

>>As scrawled by Roggan on Selestra 5th in the year 111.<<
My Twitter
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion

Have I mentioned the Lopanic games book, Champions of Palladium this week? How one of my players won a 4000 meter race by mere seconds? As our Olympics approach, I ask again- please tell Kevin that you want this book!
Palladium Fantasy in 2014!
My Twitter
Image Image
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

Just as an aside, I would think of every game line, Palladium would have the most direct competition for a place in the market for a fantasy game line. Competing directly with Pathfinder and D&D seems about the worst way for Palladium to do business.
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

The thing is, the last book they released for the Fantasy line nearly 5 years ago supposedly sold well.

Palladium Books Press Release - October 23, 2009 wrote:The book has met with excitement and strong sales.

Yeah, I know that was nearly 5 years ago. Maybe sales dipped after that. I know that he stopped advertising it regularly after the Jan. 15, 2010 Press Release. Honestly, I just want them to at least finish the two books they have up for pre-order on the site. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the manuscripts for both of those books have been sitting in Palladium's offices for a very long time. It is just frustrating as a fan and customer, to see Palladium continually conduct business in the same manner that they have for so long. They are still in business, so they are doing enough to get by. The thing is, they could be so much more, but obviously Kevin is fine with the status quo, and I doubt that anything will ever change.

I'm going to stop banging my head against the wall, and let others continue this thread if they want. As Jorel pointed out a few weeks ago, I had been slipping anyway. My hat off to The Dark Elf for being able to keep his Post a Day going for so long. At least his actually has a date in sight.

Later,
Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

As I mentioned above, we buy/play palladium because of the megaverse. One rule set over many games and each of the games are good if not great.

To have the fantasy line discontinued is taking away the basics of that megaverse. A rule set over multiples games but only one several without continuation? A fantasy game is expected in a megaverse and ATM it not even a finished one.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Eashamahel
Hero

I don't think anyone thinks the line will be discontinued, but like many others that PB has, it's clearly not going to be heavily supported.
Marcus
Explorer

Unread post by Marcus »

Eashamahel wrote:I don't think anyone thinks the line will be discontinued, but like many others that PB has, it's clearly not going to be heavily supported.

How do you define discontinued?

Would you consider (for example) Beyond the Supernatural discontinued or just not heavily supported?
Dear optimists, pessimists, and realists,
While you were all arguing over the glass of water, I just drank it.

Sincerely,
an opportunist.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I consider Ninjas & Superspies, Systems Failure, Recon to be discontinued lines. The others are all having a rough patch. A very long and rough patch.

"The Devil's among us!
zyanitevp
Champion

Eashamahel wrote:Just as an aside, I would think of every game line, Palladium would have the most direct competition for a place in the market for a fantasy game line. Competing directly with Pathfinder and D&D seems about the worst way for Palladium to do business.

There are a lot of unique settings, races, magic, etc. in Palladium Fantasy.
I know a lot of D&D/Pathfinder gms that buy the Palladium books to add uniqueness to their games....
My Twitter
Image Image
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

zyanitevp wrote:
Eashamahel wrote:Just as an aside, I would think of every game line, Palladium would have the most direct competition for a place in the market for a fantasy game line. Competing directly with Pathfinder and D&D seems about the worst way for Palladium to do business.

There are a lot of unique settings, races, magic, etc. in Palladium Fantasy.
I know a lot of D&D/Pathfinder gms that buy the Palladium books to add uniqueness to their games....

I agree with this and for about a year now I have only played Pathfinder and 2nd edition D&D. Will continue to buy Fantasy and Heroes Unlimited when books are released for those lines though. Right now no plans to purchase anything else from Palladium though. Don't even have any urges in the past 4-6 months to play anything by Palladium due to the lack of support unfortunately.

Many people I talk to seem very interested in the setting of Palladium Fantasy and the couple setting books for Heroes Unlimited as well. It is tough finding people to try the system though. So I sometimes use other systems (2nd edition D&D for example) to run the setting or use inspirations from the setting.

If Palladium starts producing books for the lines I like I will start picking those books up and getting games going with the system again. Right now I am like a broken hearted ex who is on the rebound with other systems who are more popular with the cool kids. ;)
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Eashamahel
Hero

zyanitevp wrote:
Eashamahel wrote:I know a lot of D&D/Pathfinder gms that buy the Palladium books to add uniqueness to their games....

I don't, but I do know people who draw inspiration for fantasy games of all kinds from a variety of sources, so it seems reasonable.

To me, a line would be discontinued when it was no longer 'continued', ie, the books were allowed to run out of stock and no more were printed. A line can be both 'continued' and un-supported, which is where pretty much ALL of Palladium's 'product lines' are, in a sort of limbo. Not that I think any or even most of them are ever coming back. Most of those lines are so old that the only people who know/remember/care about them have either moved on, or are die-hard Palladium fans, meaning any new releases for those lines will tank in the market without the product awareness to get new fans (ie, even if a brand new book for N&SS was released and somehow saw a wide release in gaming stores, if it's not the core book or a stand-alone, it's not going to do well, as no new players own the core rules and very few are going to want a random book they can't play with).
zyanitevp
Champion

My players are another piece closer to rebuilding Osiris!
We want Palladium Fantasy in 2014!
My Twitter
Image Image
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Congrats to CrIsis! I'm wondering what will happen if/when all the parts are gathered together?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Marcus wrote:
Eashamahel wrote:I don't think anyone thinks the line will be discontinued, but like many others that PB has, it's clearly not going to be heavily supported.

Would you consider (for example) Beyond the Supernatural discontinued or just not heavily supported?

I consider all of them discontinued except for Rifts, Robotech, and Dead Reign.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

As far as Heroes is concerned we have had Armageddon Unlimited somewhat recently and there is supposedly a Hardware Unlimited in the works. I believe there are also maybe 3 other manuscripts at least Kevin currently has to work with. As for Palladium Fantasy I believe we'll see books for that and Splicers in the future. So maybe resurrected for those lines. Same for BTS. I hope that is resurrected.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

The Beast wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Me too.

And discussing it as being unsupported, discontinued, dead, etc. is purely semantics to me. Main point is I feel the same, disheartened, no matter what label we call it.

MORE PALLADIUM FANTASY! (and I hope it's released before D&D Next...)
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

The Dark Elf wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Me too.

And discussing it as being unsupported, discontinued, dead, etc. is purely semantics to me. Main point is I feel the same, disheartened, no matter what label we call it.

If you follow the most recent Press Release...
Kevin Siembieda wrote:Sounds fun, P.W., and that’s the whole idea with the Megaversal game system, to be able to bring in elements from other game settings should you want to do so. Of course, it’s okay to stay within an exclusive setting without crossover, too. As to expanding N&S, we’ve been talking about doing an updated N&S RPG and releasing a couple of new sourcebooks for a few years now, so yes, but not this year. - KS

So it would seem Ninjas and Superspies is not a dead line either. Just Recon, System Failure, and Valley of Pharaohs are dead and burried.

"The Devil's among us!
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

So when are we getting a belated 30th anniversary PFRPG book?
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Jorel wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Me too.

If you follow the most recent Press Release...
Kevin Siembieda wrote:Sounds fun, P.W., and that’s the whole idea with the Megaversal game system, to be able to bring in elements from other game settings should you want to do so. Of course, it’s okay to stay within an exclusive setting without crossover, too. As to expanding N&S, we’ve been talking about doing an updated N&S RPG and releasing a couple of new sourcebooks for a few years now, so yes, but not this year. - KS

So it would seem Ninjas and Superspies is not a dead line either. Just Recon, System Failure, and Valley of Pharaohs are dead and burried.

Actions equal continued/supported. I am writing an N&S adventure for the Rifter which Hendrik is kindly proof reading/critiquing for me and my group are play testing ATM.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

They may move at a glacial pace, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them dead lines.

"The Devil's among us!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

More like they are in cryo sleep until they can be paid the full attention they need.

"The Devil's among us!
Eashamahel
Hero

Jorel wrote:More like they are in cryo sleep until they can be paid the full attention they need.

That's not a terrible way to look at it. PB could theoretically come back to any line they previously published, and either continue with it, or re-start it in the future. The better the company does, the more likely this is to happen.
zyanitevp
Champion

Hotrod wrote:Congrats to CrIsis! I'm wondering what will happen if/when all the parts are gathered together?

All you have to do is hold on for another 2 years... 3rd anniversary of what I always maintained is a 5 year game is rapidly approaching!
More Fantasy in 2014!!!
My Twitter
Image Image
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by arouetta »

More PF in '14!! :)
zyanitevp
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:Actions equal continued/supported. I am writing an N&S adventure for the Rifter which Hendrik is kindly proof reading/critiquing for me and my group are play testing ATM.

You are only allowed to write Fantasy articles Dark Elf!(JK) That way Kevin remembers how great they are, and puts out the Champions of Palladium!!
PF in 2014!!!
My Twitter
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

zyanitevp wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Actions equal continued/supported. I am writing an N&S adventure for the Rifter which Hendrik is kindly proof reading/critiquing for me and my group are play testing ATM.

You are only allowed to write Fantasy articles Dark Elf!(JK) That way Kevin remembers how great they are, and puts out the Champions of Palladium!!
PF in 2014!!!

Well I'm starting on "Masters Unlimited" for a HU2 one for the anniversary year!

After that I'll do an introductory PFRPG adventure for one player.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

In case you thought I had forgotten...

I want more Palladium Fantasy in 2014, please!!!!
zyanitevp
Champion

Please let Dark Elf's Champions of Palladium see publication in 2014!!
My Twitter
Image Image
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I want more cake.
or
Heroes Unlimited / Aliens Unlimited.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Jerell
Hero

Rejoice oh ye faithful!, your time is neigh!

Unread post by Jerell »

Regarding Palladium Fantasy, according to Rifter 65, "This is my favorite game to play, so what the heck? With any luck that will start to change in 2014 and in a big way in 2015. We don't want to reveal too much...."

That would be wonderful! WOOT! Let 2015 be the year of PFRPG's return. Please oh please. Old Kingdom Mountains and Old Kingdom Lowlands! It's right in middle of the map and covers a large area, it's crying out for books!

Also I've gotten big into Heroes Unlimited, so of course I'd like more for that too. Or even SDC Mechanoid space/heroes crossover. I just got Armageddon Unlimited and I'm pumped to play heroes.

Also, looks like the 31st anniversary PFRPG hard cover book is coming out. Sounds good. I'll most likely be ordering one in the future.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

how about we get a belated release
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”