Palladium Fantasy - Post a Day until a new book is published

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Palladium Fantasy - Post a Day until a new book is published

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

I am starting a new thread asking for a Palladium Fantasy book every day until it happens. So in the spirit of the "post a day" thread in the Open House forum:

Everyone please post below everyday saying you want more Palladium Fantasy until Palladium publishes a new Fantasy book !!! :ok:

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Palladium Fantasy - Post a Day until a new book is publi

Unread post by Jorel »

Good luck on your endeavor here. I think that Fantasy deserves more attention, but I do love me some Rifts as well as Robotech. Still it is unfortunate that the other lines don't see more love.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

I figured it was worth a shot.

-Chris

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Give Palladium fantasy some love!!! Otherwise it may grow up and be a grumpy old game.

"The Devil's among us!
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

I'm all about this. I'd love to see more PF books.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I could definitely go for a fantasy book
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Lopanic Games!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Land of Damned 3, Mysteries of Magic 2, or Lopan!...!!!!!!!! All of them!!!!

"The Devil's among us!
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

4 years, and 11 days, since Mysteries of Magic: Book 1 was released. Hopefully it is sooner, rather than later, that we get the next Palladium Fantasy release.

-Chris

Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

palladiumjunkie wrote:4 years, and 11 days, since Mysteries of Magic: Book 1 was released. Hopefully it is sooner, rather than later, that we get the next Palladium Fantasy release.

-Chris

I agree.
I'd love to see more PF books but I really don't think spamming the boards is the way to go - they have rules against that sort of thing for a reason.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

PFRPG sourcebooks!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I hate to rain on anyone parade. Yet a PFRP book this year imo seems highly unlikely. They have a backlog of books to work first. Next year or the year after as long as they get one or more sourcebooks out.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Giant2005 wrote:
palladiumjunkie wrote:4 years, and 11 days, since Mysteries of Magic: Book 1 was released. Hopefully it is sooner, rather than later, that we get the next Palladium Fantasy release.

-Chris

I agree.
I'd love to see more PF books but I really don't think spamming the boards is the way to go - they have rules against that sort of thing for a reason.

There is a precedent for this kind of thread, and it has been going strong for nearly 10 months without being closed. I think we'll be ok.

-Chris
Last edited by palladiumjunkie on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

More PF!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

I dont think itll be closed but it might be moved to the PF forum
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I heard this rumor. The reason why Yin Sloth Jungle 2nd edition is not out, there is still a pile of
1st edition books in the warehouse. To justify the expense of printing those books they need to
sell them in order to justify printing any 2nd edition books. So you want a new Yin Sloth book
get several friends to buy 5 or more 1st edition books so we can get an 2nd edition Undead
Hunter in print. We also need to convince some of the freelancers who write all the Rifts books
to fall in love with fantasy again. You wow Kevin with a fantasy book and maybe one will come
down the pipe. They just wiped out a new Dead Reign book in time for Halloween because they
got a great writer who can churn out a book that doesn't take several weeks or a few months
to edit. And it will sell like crazy. The books is only 64 pages. That's quick and easy to edit and
print. If there was a way to capture all those people who just left World of Warcraft this year
and get them to play PFRPG we would see it and not Rifts paying the bills. We get writers
wanting to "write" fantasy with the same passion as a Triax 2, Lemuria, etc. Then the writing
has to be so good and so easy for Kevin to "Kevinize" that it becomes a snap for him and the
gang to edit and send to the printer. Then "fans" need to get other people to buy it like mad!

P.S. If there are those who liked the "official source material for PFRPG of the Timiro
Kingdom" in Rifter #63 then this freelancer will see what he can do to bring a fantasy book to
print. Can't promise anything but I'll give it my best try.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

That makes a lot of sense about the cases of product just sittin there. That is a bummer. Since they aren't likely to sell those they should really take a loss and move on. The line shouldn't suffer cause they overprinted something and then made it out dated. I'd like to see more love for Fantasy, but if people aren't writing it that says something as well. I know he has a couple manuscripts he could probably work through. As for the Dead Reign it is the same author as Northern Gun, so I don't think that the problem in Kevin's editing flow is the author.
Sure a short book should go quick and because it is Dead Reign he won't care as much about the world flavor as much as he would Rifts of Fantasy. It will still take away from him working on other stuff like Northern Gun 2 and Megaverse in Flames. It does show love for another line, but it doesn't really satisfy the people that invested in Northern Gun 2, even though they may or may not have invested in the 1st. It sure doesn't satiate the people who want more fantasy and this is the 30th Anniversary.

"The Devil's among us!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Let's keep the post content relative to the thread itself. Otherwise it is just spam posting and will be deleted.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
zyanitevp
Champion

Old Kingdom #1
My Twitter
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

If you can get confirmation of Yin Sloth I will order 5 grabs bags with just that in!

Everyone ask for Yin sloth in ur grab bags! Its useful for other lines with jungles travel rules, traps, climate and natives including bone weapons...

Also - PFRPG book(s) pls!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

The Dark Elf wrote:If you can get confirmation of Yin Sloth I will order 5 grabs bags with just that in!

Everyone ask for Yin sloth in ur grab bags! Its useful for other lines with jungles travel rules, traps, climate and natives including bone weapons...

Also - PFRPG book(s) pls!

If I found out this was actually true, I'd actually just quit Palladium entirely. That's a scumbag tactic, and should never be rewarded, even if it makes financial sense.

On topic, god speed palladiumjunkie, but try not to over invest or hold your breath, both are bad for your health.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

The only fantasy book I have currently is the 1st edition main book. Once the Christmas grab bags start again, it is my intention to order two of them and ask for the the 2nd edition fantasy main book and as many fantasy books as they're willing to stuff in a box for me.

Oh, wait, if Mystery of Magic is a fantasy book, then I have two fantasy books. I got MoM quite by surprise in a grab bag two years ago.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

C'mon PF!
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

I'm looking forward to seeing the next PF release. I still have my first edition revised book. How many others had to three hole punch it once it fell apart from extended use? :-)

flatline
Knight

palladiumjunkie wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing the next PF release. I still have my first edition revised book. How many others had to three hole punch it once it fell apart from extended use? :-)

Mine is pretty beat up, but is still structurally sound.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

To be fair I have a new PFRPG book (and half of another) and they are flaming awesome! But I did write them.

Also - PFRPG books pls! there is still 10 weeks of the 30th year!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Ya, PF needs some more books. It also has been several years since the last HU book came out also, if I'm not mistaken.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Armageddon Unlimited wasn't that long ago compared to some of the lines.

"The Devil's among us!
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

J.L. Duncan wrote:Nothing wrong with this-

Love to see a new PF sourcebook-maybe some of Dark Elf's stuff or a new MoM-(as some of the necromancy stuff I've been working on might make it)

I will look but I thought for sure there was another secret project in the works (besides the Dead Reign book)...

Great idea for a thread!- :ok:

That would be awesome.
flatline
Knight

How much undefined space is left in the Palladium Fantasy game world?

--flatlin

zyanitevp
Champion

Old Kingdom #2!
My Twitter
Image Image
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Lopan!
Land o the Damned 3!

World Book: Prysus! I kid.

"The Devil's among us!
zyanitevp
Champion

flatline wrote:How much undefined space is left in the Palladium Fantasy game world?

--flatlin

No books yet on Phi, Lopan (although Dark Elf has turned in an excellent Lopanic Games book), Land of South Winds, or Old Kingdom.
My Twitter
Image Image
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

I agree, an Old Kingdom book would be cool.

-Chris

Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I want more Palladium Fantasy books!!!

Land of the South Winds
Yin Sloth 2nd edition
Island at the Edge of the World 2nd edition
Old Kingdom Part 1 and Part 2
Land of the Damned Part 3
Mysteries of Magic
Beyond the Black Veil (what I would like to think would be beyond the EDGE OF THE WORLD and could conclude the game line)

It's just too bad Bill Coffin didn't work with Palladium for another 10 years.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
flatline
Knight

Ninjabunny wrote:A collection of short stories inspired by and set in palladium fantasy.

If they were well written, I'd be all over this.

I find that in my old age I'm more interested in collections of short stories (like the Conan stories or the Lovecraft cycle) than I am in novels or series. Mostly it's a time thing...I just don't make as much time for reading as I did when I was younger.

--flatline

SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

New fantasy book please.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

I would love a new fantasy book. Love the setting.

-Chris

TheGameMaster
Explorer

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

PF is what got me into Role Playing. I feel there is so much that has been left out. I know that all RPGs need blank info for the Players and GMs to fill in, but we need more place to start.

PLEASE PUT OUT MORE PF BOOKS!!!!
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

More Palladium Fancy please.

"The Devil's among us!
zyanitevp
Champion

Mysteries of Magic 2!
My Twitter
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

PF pls!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

More PF please!
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Palladium Fantasy, pls! :)

-Chris

zyanitevp
Champion

Land of the South Winds!
My Twitter
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

PFRPG!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

More PFRPG!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Old kingdoms
Mysteries of Magic 2
Lopanic Games

(Please)
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

sHaka wrote:Old kingdoms
Mysteries of Magic 2
Lopanic Games

(Please)

What sHaka said!

-Chris

cl7277
Wanderer

Unread post by cl7277 »

Loftd 3 please

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”