RPG Map/Atlas Preferences?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What would you like to see in an RPG atlas?

Total votes: 0

Hotrod
Knight

Re: RPG Map/Atlas Preferences?

Unread post by Hotrod »

Mr. Jays wrote:For Rifts Earth, it is true that it is constantly being expanded, but Palladium could issue and updated Atlas every few years. It could be a potential money maker for Palladium. To those of you asking, "Why would I pay for something that I already have?" I would answer, "Why buy RUE or Revised Vampire Kingdoms, ect.?" Some people would buy it and other wouldn't, but having the option is nice. Also it could be produced in limited quantities. This would make it more collectible because of its rarity and keep cost down on reprinted issues that some people would not buy.

That's one nice aspect of making maps on the computer. As long as I don't lose the source files (which are generally 1-3 GB per map), I can go back and tweak the map later with minimal hassle.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I do most of the work in GIMP, though I use Inkscape for the labels and heraldry icons, and Wilbur for the rivers. All three programs are open source and free. If you want to try your hand at it, I can steer you towards some excellent tutorials, too.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
FluidicAztec
Explorer

Unread post by FluidicAztec »

I still think selling individual maps is the way to go. You could buy each digitally at one price and a hard laminated copy at a higher price. Maybe even sell a cool Rifts Binder you could store them in. It would allow for continuous expansion and I believe a higher profit return with an a-la-carte option (I could be wrong here).

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”